NM NM - Ingrid Lane, 37, Jemez Springs, 15 Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The most recent post from Ingrid's sister on her Facebook missing page is from Nov 14. Other than that there doesn't seem to be anything recent in the media about this disappearance.
Unfortunately there have been no new clues or information in the past couple of weeks, and search/investigation based on existing clues yielded nothing so far. Now there is snow on the ground, which makes further searching difficult even if there were any indication where to look next. The investigation is still ongoing on several fronts.

Ingrid was most likely hiking to San Antonio Mountain per a post on official FB page.
This is the last hike she saved on her Alltrails account before she went missing, up from where her car was found.
There is a cabin up there. No mention of it ever being searched

Last edited:
Ingrid was most likely hiking to San Antonio Mountain per a post on official FB page.
This is the last hike she saved on her Alltrails account before she went missing, up from where her car was found.

How far was her car from San Antonio Mountain??

If the coordinates posted in post #21 up thread are correct, far. It’s a 3.5 hour drive, about 138 miles. It doesn’t make sense that Ingrid would be walking there from her car IMO.
I just checked the distance from those coordinates to Valle San Antonio (where the trail begins, according to AllTrails) and got a 1hr 35 walk (3.8 miles). I’m not a local so happy to be corrected but I think Valle San Antonio is a different location to San Antonio Mountain. (The former much closer to Jemez Springs).

If the coordinates posted in post #21 up thread are correct, far. It’s a 3.5 hour drive, about 138 miles. It doesn’t make sense that Ingrid would be walking there from her car IMO.
I don't believe that is correct. The green line marks the San Antonio Mountain trail, and I put a red circle around the approximate location where her car was found. It looks to be about a 15 mile or so walk from there to the trailhead.

lane.jpg

Edit - it is curious that she was on State Road 144 if she wanted to hike San Antonio Mountain. From there you have to do a lot of extra walking to get to the trail. She could have taken VC09 and driven right to the trailhead. Did she take a wrong turn?

I’m not sure how I got so far off - I copied the coordinates and entered San Antonio Mountain - is the trailhead just really far from what’s actually considered the mountain itself? I’m sorry if that’s a silly question, I’m not local or familiar with hiking trails. Thanks for clearing it up a bit @Blue-moon and @ch_13 !!

Though not the hundreds of miles I thought it was, I still feel like 15 miles is a lot to hike there, in addition to the 11 mile trek on the trail (if she wanted to get to a peak, this trail ends “just below the summit of San Antonio mountain” per article linked below - I believe she would’ve been planning to hike the full 11 miles) + 11 miles back to the start of the trail and 15 miles back to the car. That’s 52 miles of hiking, is that an absurd amount to go in a day? Again, not familiar with hiking; it might sound like a lot to me and in reality it’s doable. But I don’t feel like there’s an indication that Ingrid was well-prepared for a hike like this regardless (in terms of water, food, possible camping supplies)… all JMO.

Link to quote + info about the trail: Hike the San Antonio Mountain Trail (U.S. National Park Service).

ETA the link!

I’m not sure how I got so far off - I copied the coordinates and entered San Antonio Mountain - is the trailhead just really far from what’s actually considered the mountain itself? I’m sorry if that’s a silly question, I’m not local or familiar with hiking trails. Thanks for clearing it up a bit @Blue-moon and @ch_13 !!
Looks like there are at least two San Antonio Mountains in the state. One in Rio Arriba County, the other in Sandoval County. Ingrid was near the latter one.

Has any investigation been done re other patrons of the zen centre? I'm concerned that another patron may have acted nefariously since Ingrid visited frequently

How would you fit that in with the hunters seeing her healthy and well, alone, and saying she was hiking off to a peak?

Though not the hundreds of miles I thought it was, I still feel like 15 miles is a lot to hike there, in addition to the 11 mile trek on the trail (if she wanted to get to a peak, this trail ends “just below the summit of San Antonio mountain” per article linked below - I believe she would’ve been planning to hike the full 11 miles) + 11 miles back to the start of the trail and 15 miles back to the car. That’s 52 miles of hiking, is that an absurd amount to go in a day? Again, not familiar with hiking; it might sound like a lot to me and in reality it’s doable. But I don’t feel like there’s an indication that Ingrid was well-prepared for a hike like this regardless (in terms of water, food, possible camping supplies)… all JMO.

Link to quote + info about the trail: Hike the San Antonio Mountain Trail (U.S. National Park Service).

ETA the link!
There are many reasons she could be in the wrong place to get to the trailhead. A Google mis-direction for starters. Very common and dangerous. There are trails all over that mountain, but may have inconspicuous trailheads, so she drove right by, and maybe even thought she was in a different place than she actually was.

The road might roller-coaster (it's forest road), so she might have thought she was walking down when she was going up or vice versa. After all, her car seems to have been twiddled around in orientation, or not. It wouldn't surprise me if she wasn't totally discombobulated. She might have gone down to her car again, if up wasn't working for her.

If she really planned to go up that mountain, she was starting way too late in the day. She might make the peak, but would never make it down. Plus, she'd already expended energy dealing with her car: I mean, if your car is in that condition, you can assume she expended a lot of energy right then. She could even have been there for hours, she could be head-injured and not thinking straight, she could be in a state of bliss from her Zen-time and/or something else.

The trail is 10.3 miles at the fastest. Challenging, and over 4 hours. Steep elevation gain. Likely empty. She was nowhere near that trailhead.

To me, the sweat pants are very troublesome, since they almost always have cotton content. This would make her prone to hypothermia, especially if they'd been all sweaty already, and would be disastrous if they got wet, e.g. in a blanket of fog. We don't know if she was wearing lugged hiking boots, which would be de rigueur on that trail. No "10 Essentials" would be a big red flag, especially in such a remote area and so alone. I'm not sure if she had her pack, water, etc.

Perhaps she already had hypothermia by the time she set out, and already wasn't thinking straight. Heck, maybe she even got hit by the rock in her car.

52 miles of hiking is out of the question. A thru hiker might manage half of that if they were in excellent shape. It's possible maybe in OR and WA on the PCT, but that's after months of hiking, and being motivated to beat winter or catch a plane. Those thru hikers hike far into the night. Besides, in her scenario, you're not making it back to your car before dark. Anything you could do at that point would be extremely risky: you could keep going and almost certainly trip, or you could stop where you are and die of hypothermia. Both could happen. And the temperature would suddenly have dropped as the day got late.

IMO her brains were compromised for whatever reason, and there's no telling where she is.

The closest comparator I have to this case is last year's in the Olympics, Laura Macke, about the same time of year.

Last edited:
The "cabin" might be an old fire lookout, and not accessible for one reason or another.

No telling if she was actually "healthy", even if the hunters assessed her that way. To me, the whole scenario suggests she wasn't.

Healthy as in nothing nefarious had happened to her, no apparent physical injuries. Nothing to do with mental health.

It was in response to someone suggesting something "nefarious" could have happened, it would need to have happened before the hunters saw her, considering her condition, nothing nefarious had happened.

Healthy as in nothing nefarious had happened to her, no apparent physical injuries. Nothing to do with mental health.

It was in response to someone suggesting something "nefarious" could have happened, it would need to have happened before the hunters saw her, considering her condition, nothing nefarious had happened.
I was suggesting something that's not visible and isn't a mental health issue, e.g. a bleed from the car wreck, dehydration, hypothermia.

I agree that there's only a 0.000000001% likelihood of a crime. A murder initiated in a Zen community would be just so Agatha Christie, and even less likely than a murder at a snowed-in Scottish hunting lodge with tedious aristocrats and a random (was he Belgian? French? I forget.) annoying foreigner, sipping his tisane, with no earthly reason to be included amongst the invited guests, except maybe he had a mustache.

Last edited:
I was suggesting something that's not visible and isn't a mental health issue, e.g. a bleed from the car wreck, dehydration, hypothermia.

I agree that there's only a 0.000000001% likelihood of a crime. A murder initiated in a Zen community would be just so Agatha Christie, and even less likely than a murder at a snowed-in Scottish hunting lodge with tedious aristocrats and a random (was he Belgian? French? I forget.) annoying foreigner, sipping his tisane, with no earthly reason to be included amongst the invited guests, except maybe he had a mustache.
As Hercule Poirot would say, “I am not an annoying French foreigner, I am an annoying Belgian foreigner!”

How would you fit that in with the hunters seeing her healthy and well, alone, and saying she was hiking off to a peak?
A male predator can seem completely safe & perform well calculated atrocities later
Sadly, it didn't seem appropriate to rule this out completely
I still think her relationships at the centre should be investigated

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member