NM Missing/Murdered - linked to West Mesa?

This case is confusing and I see it not being solved. You have similarities with murders in Mexico and the possibility of it being a drug turf take over. I don't see a link with LISK other then multiple victims in a single area, completely different signatures.

Interesting podcast called Case file, episode 27 on West Mesa killings

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

What other names do you have on your list that you need help with looking into? Is love the opportunity to help.

Sorry for all the posts, Im on a roll today I guess. This is my last one for today as I have to pick up bear cub from football practice.

Betty Garcia-Albuquerque
Date missing: Christmas day 1998
Age missing: 34
5' 06"
She was last seen w/to males leaving the Drift Inn Lounge in Albuquerque-on Coors Rd SW and Bridge Road SW

Debra Horgan-Albuquerque
Date missing: April 1997
Age missing: 39
Hired at Budget 8 motel but never arrived for work. Her car was found 2 months later, looking like it was vandalized near West COORS Bldvd and Fortwna Road. ***This is the second time COORS has been mentioned***

BBM

I grew up off of Coors. It's a pretty rough area, high in gang, drug and prostitution activity. Not surprising that there are missing girls in that area.

Also, old Coors (There's a branch we locals call New Coors) is only a couple miles from where the bodies were found. Up until a few years ago, it was the main road in that area, until development started expanding up the road in the direction of the burial site.

Sorry, a bit late to respond on here...Coors is such a long stretch of road, too. There are only 2 major interstates in Albuquerque. Coors Rd is used by many "westsiders" to travel east/west instead of driving up to I25.

MOO
BBM

I grew up off of Coors. It's a pretty rough area, high in gang, drug and prostitution activity. Not surprising that there are missing girls in that area.

Hi, I’ve been a lurker for a long time but this is my first post. This case is a little personal to me since I’m a native New Mexican. I recently put together a spreadsheet of the missing women, and it is staggering to see how many women are disappearing at such a rapid rate in NM.
Here is the spreadsheet I created and shared on Reddit. I haven’t updated too recently though. Please check it out if you’re interested.
https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeau...ta_on_missing_persons_from_albuquerque_nm_oc/

I am late to the game I know. I knew one of the victims personally. I attended Job Corps with Julie N. several years (roughly 10) earlier. After which I moved out of state, which is why I am just now hearing about this. We regrettably did not keep in touch. One thing that shocked me though was no one mentioned her nickname. At least back then (Summer of 96 to almost the summer of 99) she didn't go by Julie. First thing she would tell you is that everyone called her Nikki. (At Job Corps we called her Nikki Bones because she would blare Bone ****s and Harmony first thing every morning.). So if they are asking around about Julie, many may not know who they're talking about.

Answers continue to evade mother of missing daughter, potential West Mesa victim (with clip)

July 06, 2018

"ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – They say time heals all wounds, but each day that passes brings more heartache for Theresa Fresquez.

“It’s the not knowing that’s the hurt, the pain,” Fresquez said.

She’s spent the last 13 years wondering what happened to her daughter, Nina Herron, who disappeared in 2005 when she was 21 years old....

Investigators believed Herron might be one of the victims in the West Mesa Murders. So when a construction crew found bones Tuesday near the site where those 11 women were buried, it gave the mother a glimmer of hope. ...

But on Friday, the Office of the Medical Investigator confirmed the bones were not linked to the murders. Instead, they’re those of an ancient Native American.

Just like that, Fresquez’s glimmer of hope vanished...."

Answers continue to evade mother of missing daughter, potential West Mesa victim

B8EE231746F6433D85E708B49D78A277.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Service to honor West Mesa murder victims on 10th anniversary (with clip)

Jan 31, 2019

"ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) - This weekend marks the 10th anniversary since the first bone was discovered on the West Mesa leading to the work of a serial killer.

The advocacy group Street Safe New Mexico is holding a service to honor the victims of the West Mesa murders on Saturday. ...

"How could that many women go missing and as a community not even really pay attention or know about it until 2009? And so I feel like if we ever forget that, if we ever forgot that we didn't pay attention, we will let it happen again," said Christine Barber with Street Safe New Mexico. ..."

Service to honor West Mesa murder victims on 10th anniversary

a00_jd_02feb_westmesavictims-1000x166.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legislation introduced to memorialize West Mesa murder victims (with clip)

Feb 08, 2019

"SANTA FE, N.M. (KRQE) - This month marks 10 years since the bodies of the victims of the West Mesa killer were found. Now, a state lawmaker is bringing up the case at the Roundhouse.

To this day, these infamous murders are still unsolved, but Sen. Michael Padilla wants to honor the memory of these 11 women, one of whom was pregnant.

"I just think that it's really important that victims of domestic violence and this type of behavior—no matter where it's happening in New Mexico—who have a voice, who have people to believe you, and we're here to stand up for you," Sen. Padilla said.

Sen. Padilla is co-sponsoring this memorial with Sen. Linda Lopez. It says the Albuquerque Police Department and the sheriff's department should take up the case again to figure out who killed the women.

Sen. Padilla and Lopez also take issue with the media and police, who they say have called the women criminals because most were prostitutes. Sen. Padilla says he wants them to be remembered and leave some dignity for their families. ...

The senators' memorial is not a bill that would change or create any laws. The lawmakers just wanted to acknowledge the issue now that 10 years have passed."

Legislation introduced to memorialize West Mesa murder victims
---

SENATE MEMORIAL 53
54TH LEGISLATURE - STATE OF NEW MEXICO - FIRST SESSION, 2019

INTRODUCED BY
Linda M. Lopez and Michael Padilla

A MEMORIAL
HONORING VICTORIA CHAVEZ, GINA MICHELLE VALDEZ, CINNAMON ELKS,
JULIE CYNDIE NIETO AND THE NINE "JANE DOES" OF THE WEST MESA
MASS GRAVE

https://www.nmlegis.gov/Sessions/19 Regular/memorials/senate/SM053.pdf
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder why the proposed legislation for the memorial only named 4 of the victims and referred to the others as "Jane Doe"??

Sorry, a bit late to respond on here...Coors is such a long stretch of road, too. There are only 2 major interstates in Albuquerque. Coors Rd is used by many "westsiders" to travel east/west instead of driving up to I25.

MOO
Coors runs North/South as does I25. I40 runs East/West. It is a very long stretch of road, though. The area around 118th was basically desert until about 10 years ago. This is why it was so easy to bury the bodies. Rio Bravo runs right next to it, and turns into Atrisco Vista, which is sort of a back way to MDC and I40. There is so much desert, and I can't help but wonder if there are more victims out there, yet to be discovered.

Coors runs North/South as does I25. I40 runs East/West. It is a very long stretch of road, though. The area around 118th was basically desert until about 10 years ago. This is why it was so easy to bury the bodies. Rio Bravo runs right next to it, and turns into Atrisco Vista, which is sort of a back way to MDC and I40. There is so much desert, and I can't help but wonder if there are more victims out there, yet to be discovered.

Ahh yes, you are correct. I've been out of ABQ for a couple of years and I got the directions confused!

Hi all, I'm a local journalist working on a podcast about the West Mesa Murders called The Mesa. I've been talking to families and to Safe Street and APD. I've seen a few posts a while ago about a 2nd burial site, but that seems to have gone cold. Any info on this would be appreciated.

Hi all, I'm a local journalist working on a podcast about the West Mesa Murders called The Mesa. I've been talking to families and to Safe Street and APD. I've seen a few posts a while ago about a 2nd burial site, but that seems to have gone cold. Any info on this would be appreciated.
I also remember hearing that it was suspected, and the show The Killing Season posited that there was another suspected site found. The Killing Season Wasteland S1E7 - TV Eskimo

I can't believe it's been over ten years, and no movement on this case that I'm aware of. Thank you for attempting to bring this story back into the light!

Hello im am Veronica Romeros Cousin Desiree Gonzales i was wondering when your podcast is airing
Hi Desiree, my podcast has aired 5 episodes so far. I would love to talk with you or someone in your family if you are interested.
Thank you

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back