NM NM - Pepita Madalyn Redhair, 27, Albuquerque, 27 Mar 2020

ChatteringBirds

Reaction score
Let's help bring Pepita safely home.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail (3).jpg

Pepita Madalyn Redhair
Missing Person / NamUs #MP68550 Female, American Indian / Alaska Native

Date of Last Contact: March 27, 2020
Missing From: Albuquerque, New Mexico

Missing Age: 27 Years
Current Age: 28 Years

Height: 5' 1" (61 Inches)
Weight: 141 lbs

Race / Ethnicity: American Indian / Alaska Native
Tribe Enrollment / Affiliation
Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Pepita Redhair was last seen March 27, 2020 in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Physical Description
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown

Distinctive Physical Features
Scar/mark: 2 beauty marks on her chin (see photo)
Tattoos- Dinosaur on right forearm
- Koi fish on left forearm
- Butterfly on unknown shoulder
- "Redhair" on unknown

Clothing and Accessories
Clothing: Black shirt
Footwear: Black shoes

NamUs Case Created: April 28, 2020

New Mexico Missing Persons
Missing Person - Other
Pepita Madalyn Redhair

Generate Poster
image_serv

03/05/2019 - PEPITA MADALYN REDHAIR
Date Missing:
03/27/2020 Missing from: Albuquerque, NM
Age Then:
27 Age Now: 28
MISSING: Pepita Madalyn Redhair was last seen March 27, 2020 in Albuquerque, New Mexico. If you have any information regarding the whereabouts of Pepita Madalyn Redhair please contact the Albuquerque Police Department at (505)242-2677.
Characteristics
Date of Birth: 08/04/1992 Sex: Female Eye Color: Brown
Height: 5 ft 01 in Weight: 141 pounds
Hair Color: Brown Race: American Indian/Alaskan Native
Clothing
Shirt Black
Shoes Black
Skinny Jeans
Scars, Marks, and Tattoos
Tattoo Forearm, right "DINOSAUR"
Tattoo Forearm, left "KOI FISH"
Tattoo Shoulder, nonspecific "BUTTERFLY
Tattoo Leg, nonspecific "REDHAIR"
Contact Information
New Mexico Department of Public Safety Missing Person Hotline 1-800-457-3463

Pepita Redhair

Date Missing: March 27, 2020
Age When Missing 27
Age now 28
If you have any information on her and her disapearance please call Albuquerque Police
(505)242-2677

DOB: 8/4/1992
Sex: Female
Height: 5 feet 1 inch
Weight: 141 pounds
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown

Last Seen Wearing: Black Shirt and Black shoes and Skinny jeans (shoes and shirt not specified. And jeans color not specified)

Tattoo's:
Right Forearm: Dinosaur
Left Forearm: Koi Fish
Shoulder (not specified): Butterfly
Leg (not specified): "REDHAIR" not sure if this is text of her last name or a native symbol for her family's name and tribe.

NamU: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Attachments

• Pepita Redhair.jpg
    Pepita Redhair.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
At this time I am unable to verify if she is listed in the NamUs database. I find this this very odd as a missing persons case was filed and is being investigated even if it is considered a cold case. I am also not very proficient in using their system, so if anyone can take the information I have provided and search again that would be great. any new information or old information we can get on this case would be very helpful to the family as they push for more people to help them find their daughter and get closure.

UPDATE:
Here is her NamU
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Last edited:
Mother continues to search for missing daughter last seen in Albuquerque: A rally is planned for this Sunday called "Seeing Justice for Pepita Redhair." Rehair's mother said while this rally is for her daughter, she hopes others who also have missing loved ones come to the rally.

Anyone who is local to the area, if you can go and show your support the family would appreciate it

Mother continues to search for missing daughter last seen in Albuquerque

Native American mother speaks out on missing 27-year-old daughter, who was last seen March 2020

A Native American mother is desperately searching for answers after her 27-year-old daughter went missing in Albuquerque more than a year ago.

Anita King says she fights back tears anytime she thinks about her daughter, Pepita Redhair.

Disheartening article.

It says Pepita's ex-boyfriend said he received a text from her phone.

Has law enforcement tried to get any warrants (for phone data or searches?) What if there is a crime scene in a home or vehicle or electronic trails to follow?

Also in the article, Pepita's mother made some claims against law enforcement for unprofessionalism. I think she should file a formal complaint so it can be looked into.

Crowd rallies for missing and murdered Indigenous women

Anita King, the mother of 27-year-old Pepita Redhair — who has been missing since March 27, 2019 — took the stage following the march to plead for help in finding her daughter who she and her family have been fervently looking for for over a year and a half.

“We have searched every inch of this area for her, and we will not give up until we know the truth behind her disappearance. We do this for Pepita. We do this for all our missing sisters,” King said. “There’s times that I don’t want to get up and go to work. There’s times that I don’t want to eat. I just lay there and cry.”

King said Redhair’s boyfriend, Nicholas Kaye, was an abusive partner and was the last person to see Redhair before she went missing. Kaye filed a missing persons report with the Albuquerque Police Department on April 19, 2020 in which he reported that he and Redhair had been drinking together on the night of March 26, 2020 and that she had left on foot following an argument between the couple.

June 4 might have been just another hot day in Albuquerque but for Anita King, it was a day meant to light a fire under a community and someone, anyone who will listen to her plea. The Tiguex Park event drew a small crowd of about sixty supporters who marched with signs in hand through Old Town chanting “justice for Pepita!” Pepita Redhair, a Navajo woman from Crownpoint, NM is still missing. Since March 24, 2020, Anita has searched for her daughter. Pepita was last known to have been visiting her boyfriend in Albuquerque; she was never heard from again. Anita to this day continues to follow up on leads personally, mainly because as she puts it, “APD has done nothing.”

“Yeah, like I said, they failed the investigation and they didn’t do a proper investigation. They didn’t do an interview with the entire family or the boyfriend. And we are still doing the footwork and it seems like the detective and APD is not very helpful at this time, but we are gonna, I’m gonna keep fighting, continue doing my rallies and awareness for her and all the others. And even though I might have to foot search on my own, I’m still gonna do it. I need to have my daughter home,” said King. She was busy packing up after a long day and preparing for the nearly two-hour drive back to Crownpoint.

The show Disappeared (on Investigation Discovery) posted a preview of their new season on Facebook, saw that Pepita's case is going to be one of the episodes this season. Unsure of what date it will be airing though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back