Christopher Clements indicted for Isabel Celis & Maribel Gonzales homicides
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE DISCUSSION

NM NM - Robert Romero, 7, Santa Fe, 7 June 2000

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by Jack, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Jack

Jack New Member

2. PonderingThings

PonderingThings Former member

Photos and stats here:
    http://www.nampn.org/cases/romero_robert.html

http://www.thenewmexicochannel.com/news/6070197/detail.html

3. PonderingThings

PonderingThings Former member

http://www.kobtv.com/index.cfm?viewer=storyviewer&id=23722&cat=NMTOPSTORIES

It seems that one of Robbie's brothers is a person of interest. It also appears that police want to talk to a man who isn't a person of interest or a suspect. That man is John David Martinez - photo is at link.

Mom doesn't know whats going on as she says the police aren't telling her anything.

4. meggilyweggily

meggilyweggily Member

I know the cops were looking for a gray-haired man on a bicycle who was seen in the neighborhood the day Robbie disappeared. Maybe they think Martinez was that man.

5. Marie

Marie Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?

Robert Marcos Romero

North American Missing Persons Network

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: June 7, 2000 from Sante Fe, New Mexico
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date Of Birth: April 10, 1993
    Height: 3'9"-4'10"
    Weight: 45-50 lbs.
    Hair Color: Brown
    Eye Color: Brown
    Race: White/Hispanic
    <li>Distinguishing Characteristics: Facial freckles. He got
    a buzz haircut shortly before his disappearance. All photos
    depict him before the haircut. <li>Clothing: White t-shirt, blue jeans, and black and white
    tennis shoes. AKA: "Robbie"
    NCIC Number: M-710801219
    Case Number: NCMC887928

Details of Disappearance
    Romero has been missing since June 7, 2000 from Santa Fe, New Mexico. He was last seen walking to a friend's home in the 2900 Bellemah drive area of Santa Fe. Authorities are looking for a man who was in Robert's neighborhood the week of his disappearance. The man was riding a bicycle and had long, gray-tinged hair. Police believe he may be a witness.

6. Marie

Marie Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?

Mother: Indictment of Robbie's brother sought
    Dec. 20, 2005

Evelyn Romero said Saturday that a police detective told her a day earlier that prosecutors were seeking the indictment of her older son, Ronnie Romero, 27, in the 2000 disappearance of her 7-year-old son, Robbie.

Evelyn Romero also said she has been subpoenaed to testify next month in a grand jury investigation into Robbie's disappearance. In addition, she also said the state has ordered other relatives to keep custody of her two younger children, 5 and 17 years old.

Evidence search continues
    Jan 12, 2006

New details about previously known information in the Robbie Romero disappearance are what pointed Santa Fe police to the city’s solid-waste transfer station in search of evidence, Chief Beverly Lennen said.

City detectives, as well as members of the FBI and New Mexico State Police, spent a second day Wednesday searching the area surrounding the transfer station, Lennen said, and planned to return today to continue the search.

Also, a short blurb in my local paper today (cannot find an on-line link) states that the Santa Fe Grand Jury has begun investingating the case. Police believe that Robbie is dead despite not having found his body.

7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Former Member

8. sayd

sayd Say-D

9. cocomod

cocomod Well-Known Member

There is a GREAT timeline to the side of this article at this link. VERY, very interesting! Time will tell - DNA will tell !!

10. Cracka*Jaxx

Cracka*Jaxx Active Member

I live a few miles from where Robbie went missing and have followed the case since then. I was shocked to read this new information but don't really believe the teen is Robbie Romero. And if he isn't, I can't imagine what would have possessed him to say that he was.

Robbie was only 7 when he disappeared from the sub-division. There's no logical reason for him to have run away, and stayed away for this long.

According to the New Mexican, "The teen met with officers who had received a phone call from a confidential source informing them of his whereabouts, according to police spokesman Lt. Louis Carlos. The young man did not know ahead of time that police would be at the location." I can only think that the teen was using Robbie's name- maybe because he was trying to hide his real identity. A third party tipped off police .

Several years ago, while dealing with an issue in the neighborhood, I casually asked about the case. I said, "You guys (LE) think that Ronnie (the older brother) is responsible, don't you?". The senior officer nodded knowingly. I then said that I knew he couldn't talk about it.

Most people believe it might have been an accidental death with drugs involved. Speculation is that either Ronnie or his girlfriend were under the influence when they accidentally hit Robbie with their car. Since they didn't want to get tested, they just got rid of the body.

What's mystifying is how cruel this would be to Robbie's parents. I'm sure they would rather have known if their son was either alive or dead. But drugs addicts are selfish that way. Ronnie would have been only looking out for himself if this is what happened. Since then Ronnie has died while in jail, but I'm sure there are others who know the truth.

11. sayd

sayd Say-D

12. sayd

sayd Say-D

Wow, this story is getting interesting. The boy said he lived in Utah and then came back to Santa Fe.

Here is a link side by side of the 18 year old and Robbie. The boy and his mother both think it might be true. Any websleuths experts who want to compare the pictures? Or know how to actually post the pictures here?

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/santa-fe-man-claims-to-be-missing-boy

13. belimom

belimom Our lives begin to end the day we become silent ab

I think it is... Wow. The ears, the eyes, the nose, the eyebrows.

[​IMG]

http://media2.krqe.com//photo/2011/...omero-older-guy-bd_20110915161022_640_480.JPG

14. Cracka*Jaxx

Cracka*Jaxx Active Member

Comment from the krqe website:

<modsnip>

The photos do look similar. I don't know what to think. I'm sure the police know much more than what is being reported and I hope we find out soon what's going on here. How wouldn't someone remember anything about life as an 8 year old? Or where they were from? That just doesn't make sense.

15. JeannieC

JeannieC New Member

Robbie Romero: Teen Claims to be Missing Santa Fe Boy

Police said that the man they spoke with Wednesday told them certain details that were significant before deciding he didn't want to talk anymore and walking away.

Carlos said that police do have some identification documents that match the man they spoke with, though Carlos would not say if those documents identify him as Robbie Romero

http://abcnews.go.com/US/robbie-romero-teen-claims-missing-santa-fe-boy/story?id=14530762

16. JeannieC

JeannieC New Member

It would really be something if this turns out to be Robbie. His brother has died and his father has died.

I can't imagine what this mother is going through waiting for the DNA results.

My prayers are with them both.

17. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

bold and big by me... it gets even more interesting!

more at link

-----------------------

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44541254/ns/local_news-albuquerque_nm/#.TnM_i3P42Xw

18. Trino

Trino Well-Known Member

Evelyn said. “I always had it in my heart that if Robbie ever came home he would not be a sound person, he would have a lot of issues and this person has a lot of issues for unknown reasons.”

(Quote from the reference above.)

This guy has issues???

19. CatFancier

CatFancier Former Member

I see some similarities but I don't think it's a match. While the mom who raised him says she doesn't have a birth certificate, she must certainly have some photos of him prior to age 7?

20. chaddylex

chaddylex Verified Insider

Good point!! Wonder if LE asked for any pics?