NM - Santa Fe author's body discovered; she may have been dead for more than a year

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by wfgodot, May 13, 2013.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Mummified body of Chicana author found in New Mexico home after she had been dead for a year
    much more, with pictures, at Daily Mail link above

2. Loading...

3. Jan

Jan New Member

How could someone with a master's degree in public health education end up like THIS? And didn't anyone notice for over a year that she was missing. Didn't anyone notice a smell from her condo? How sad. She started out with a lot of promise. I have to believe that she became mentally ill at some point.

4. Reader

Reader New Member

Very sad for her to die alone and forgotten like that after she worked to help others.

5. montana_16

montana_16 Active Member

Very, very sad. It's hard to understand how this happens. We've seen other stories similar to this one.

6. Perodicticus potto

Perodicticus potto Member

I see that the sister and brother-in-law did eventually check on her after not hearing from her for two years. I think she must have been in the habit of going long periods without contacting them, but eventually the silence became suspiciously long even for her.

Has anyone here read Tim Kreider's essay "The Czar's Daughter," about a friend who was discovered after his death to have been living in conditions similar to Ms Salinas's?

ETA: Here's an in-depth story from the Santa Fe New Mexican:

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/ne...b8b2-29dad198ac66.html?_dc=186013272497.80298