GUILTY NM - Sasha Marie Krause, 27, murdered, Farmington, 18 Jan 2020 *arrests*

Finally there is some media coverage happening. Not enough in my opinion and what is shared in the media lacks any urgency.

I know FB groups are known for rumors and outlandish theories. But there is some information and clarification coming from a person that attends the church. Worth checking out.

I wish this was being taken more seriously.

I definitely feel that she was abducted from her church or the church parking lot.. this is incredibly scary.
Finally there is some media coverage happening. Not enough in my opinion and what is shared in the media lacks any urgency.

I know FB groups are known for rumors and outlandish theories. But there is some information and clarification coming from a person that attends the church. Worth checking out.

I wish this was being taken more seriously.

San Juan County Sheriff’s Office searching for missing Farmington woman

SABBM:

The Sheriff’s Office said it is in the early stages of the investigation and is working closely with relatives and members of the Mennonite community to find Krause. Detectives are continuing to get surveillance footage from local businesses and interview possible witnesses.

The news release also encouraged people to follow the Sheriff’s Office’s social media sites for “accurate and updated information.”

From the San Juan County Sheriff’s FB page:
UPDATE: Missing Person: 27-Year-Old, Shasha Marie Krause of Farmington, New Mexico

The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office is respectfully requesting that the only information shared comes directly from our social media pages or media releases. Information spreads quickly and we are asking that any information not confirmed by our office to not be shared.

What we know: At approximately 3am on January 19, 2020, San Juan County Sheriff’s Deputies were dispatched to Lamp & Light Publishers on Road 5577 in Farmington, NM in reference to a missing person. 27-year-old, Sasha Marie Krause was last seen leaving her residence on January 18, 2020 around 8pm and never returned. Sasha’s vehicle was located parked nearby a church in the area where she resides. Resources that Sasha would normally take with her, if she willingly left her residence, were left behind. Detectives with the San Juan County Sheriff’s Office are actively searching for Sasha and working closely with her relatives, a hired search and rescue team and members of the Mennonite community to locate her. Yesterday evening, a search and rescue team from out of state hired by the Krause family arrived in Farmington, NM. The search and rescue team are made up of trained individuals and a tracking dog. Today, numerous Sheriff’s Office deputies and detectives and the search and rescue team did a thorough search of the area surrounding the Mennonite community. The search is ongoing, and we are investigating every possible scenario. We will continue to be as transparent as we can without hindering the investigation.

Please continue to follow the San Juan County Sheriff’s Office social media sites for accurate and updated information. If you have seen Sasha or have any information regarding her disappearance, please contact dispatch at 505-334-6622 and ask to speak to Detective Strang right away.

LE saying “Resources that Sasha would normally take with her, if she willingly left her residence, were left behind.” Made me breifly wonder if police don’t think she left the home willingly or alive and that her car was possibly left at the church by someone else. JMoo

LE saying “Resources that Sasha would normally take with her, if she willingly left her residence, were left behind.” Made me breifly wonder if police don’t think she left the home willingly or alive and that her car was possibly left at the church by someone else. JMoo

i agree. that's what came to my mind too.

What concerns me is that LE was called to her work at 3am. What brought it to their attention at such an hour? There wouldn't be anyone working there then.
There was actually more information about this on the FB Missing Sasha Krause page. Yesterday, LE asked people to only share information that comes from them, (see Post #25), and the Missing page seems to have been taken down. People in the community have really taken to heart what LE said, and there is very little information coming out now. I’m not sure what can be said now without violating the rules here, but she was last seen about 8:00 pm and was noticed missing around 1:00. Her work place is on the same property where she lives.

From the San Juan County Sheriff’s FB page today:
(The post included several photos of the search)
Yesterday, the Sheriff's Office spent the entire day with a search and rescue team hired by the Krause family thoroughly searching the area surrounding the Mennonite Church. We have no further updates at this time but detectives are continuously working this case and we are hoping for the best possible outcome.
#missing #sashakrause #deputysheriff

San Juan County Sheriff's Office, NM

MISSING PERSON ALERT: 27-year-old, Sasha Marie Krause was last seen in the Crouch Mesa area near the Lamp & Light community by Dino Mart on January 18th. We are actively trying to locate her and would like to speak to anyone that might have seen her. If you have information on Sasha Krause, please contact dispatch at 505-334-6622 and ask to speak with Detective Strang.

Sarah is a young Mennonite woman missing from Farmington.

Here Are The 10 Most Dangerous Towns In New Mexico To Live In

Farmington is listed as being the 4th most crime ridden town in NM.
This article doesn't say what kind of crime is prevalent in Farmington. Violent personal crimes or property crimes? I also noted on the map that this church and publishing house is on the outskirts of the town of Farmington, is the crime issue confined to the town or has it spread to outlying areas also?

This article doesn't say what kind of crime is prevalent in Farmington. Violent personal crimes or property crimes? I also noted on the map that this church and publishing house is on the outskirts of the town of Farmington, is the crime issue confined to the town or has it spread to outlying areas also?
Due to the steep increase, Farmington is now the most dangerous metro area in the state. Half a decade ago, the metro area's violent crime rate of 625 incidents per 100,000 residents was lower than the comparable rate in the Albuquerque metro area
25 cities where crime is soaring

Has anyone seen any updates on MSM? I can find NO new information.

Here's the most recent updated article I could find online, from yesterday:

San Juan County Sheriff’s Office searching for missing Farmington woman

SABBM:

In an update Thursday afternoon, the Sheriff’s Office said it spent all of Wednesday working with a search and rescue team hired by the Krause family to search the area surrounding the Mennonite Church. The search and rescue team is made up of trained individuals and a tracking dog.

Surprised this case isn't getting more traction online and/or here at WS.

Still thinking walkaway/voluntarily missing is the most likely reason for her disappearance, but foul play obviously can't be ruled out.

One doesn't really get any kind of sense of SK's personality, relationships, interests, etc., based on reading the MSM articles.

I'm wondering whether there may be some unknown factors (mental health issues, overall dissatisfaction with lifestyle, etc.) that could have contributed to her going missing.

Hope MSM picks up their game.

So far, it's been pretty blasé-blah reporting.

JMO.

Last edited:
Due to the steep increase, Farmington is now the most dangerous metro area in the state. Half a decade ago, the metro area's violent crime rate of 625 incidents per 100,000 residents was lower than the comparable rate in the Albuquerque metro area
25 cities where crime is soaring

This steep increase occurred when employment increased. Unemployment in Farmington is 6.7% Also, the number of people living in poverty increased (about 17%). In some months, unemployment in Farmington is close to 10% (for 2016-2017).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back