NM NM - Tara Calico, 19, Belen, 20 Sept 1988

I agree. It reminds me of another case of a missing boy in Oregon. He disappeared at a county fair and was never found. There were all kinds of rumors going around about what happened to him, all ending in his death, and all involving the same group of "bad boys" in the town. There was never enough evidence to charge anybody, and apparently some witnesses were too scared to come forward.

It does seem like a more plausible explanation. Still, that photo is haunting...

I thought it was a cargo van that was seen following her with a man. Ok granted maybe he had nothing to do with it but it was seen acting suspiciously around her. Now it's a truck with boys in it? that dosn't fit the known details

The articles and reports I've read list the vehicle as a 50s model pick-up, likely a Ford, with a camper shell.

Wow, this is an interesting turn of events. That would be so great if someone were to finally come forward to clear their conscience and tell what they know and afford the family the answers they seek.

Stranger things have happened so I won't say it'll never happen. How many years had passed before they were able to solve Martha Moxley's murder?

Hoping this sheriff gets the goods.

I don't understand that if he has informants that seem to know so much of what happened, why they also wouldn't know where she was buried.

This is bs. There have been plenty of cases where people have been prosecuted without a body. He should arrest them and ruin their lives like they did to Tara's parents.

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publishe...4&topicId=100020825&docId=l:851671570&start=4

Investigators say they know who killed Tara, but without a body they're having trouble gathering evidence.
Wow!!
What a development!It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
His scenario sounds very much like what I think probably happened to Deannie Pyle Peters in Michigan.
If this is true I dont give a crap if the perps were High School kids after what her parents went through I hope they set them on fire in the dock.

I agree. It reminds me of another case of a missing boy in Oregon. He disappeared at a county fair and was never found. There were all kinds of rumors going around about what happened to him, all ending in his death, and all involving the same group of "bad boys" in the town. There was never enough evidence to charge anybody, and apparently some witnesses were too scared to come forward.

It does seem like a more plausible explanation. Still, that photo is haunting...

Mr E., was that the boy missing from the Coos County Fair? Didn't Unsolved Mysteries profile that one too?

I vaguely remember the segment but I do remember his mother having her own theory of what happened to him.

I need to stop reading these posts at night. I'm getting spooked.

Yes, Jeremy Bright. I used to live on the Oregon Coast, so it hit particularly close to home. Rumors of his death (if he did die) include him being shot during a game of target practice and him ODing at a party and dying in a remote cabin in the woods. Each rumor involves the same group of town bullies. Some people have even said that they know the truth but are afraid to come forward.

Yes, Jeremy Bright. I used to live on the Oregon Coast, so it hit particularly close to home. Rumors of his death (if he did die) include him being shot during a game of target practice and him ODing at a party and dying in a remote cabin in the woods. Each rumor involves the same group of town bullies. Some people have even said that they know the truth but are afraid to come forward.

That's it, Mr. E. I remember now...yes, they thought a group of "toughs" shot him while he was in the pond. Something like that...along with him dying of an overdose.

I wonder what happened to his mother? She was carrying around a lot of guilt for letting him spend the week there so he could go to the fair.

Concerning the Calico case, if I remember correctly, the Bloomington Indiana police had a similar scenario for Jill Berhman, the Indiana University coed who disappeared while riding her bike. They too thought she was hit by a car then buried. Fortunately, the killers grandmother (I think) tuned him in to the police.

It just unnerves me that you could be doing something as simple as walking to your car and then just disappear without a trace.

That's it, Mr. E. I remember now...yes, they thought a group of "toughs" shot him while he was in the pond. Something like that...along with him dying of an overdose.

I wonder what happened to his mother? She was carrying around a lot of guilt for letting him spend the week there so he could go to the fair.

Concerning the Calico case, if I remember correctly, the Bloomington Indiana police had a similar scenario for Jill Berhman, the Indiana University coed who disappeared while riding her bike. They too thought she was hit by a car then buried. Fortunately, the killers grandmother (I think) tuned him in to the police.

It just unnerves me that you could be doing something as simple as walking to your car and then just disappear without a trace.
I second your comment about how unnerving it is that someone can be doing something as routine as walking to their car and disappear forever.
The scary part is the sheer number of people who have vanished over the last 45 years doing things just that mundane and routine.
Start reading some of the profiles on the Doenetwork.
Hundreds of people every year seem to be going about their everday routines and somehow fall down the rabbit hole into oblivian with no warning or reason.
Its frightening.

Wow, that is an interesting article. But if that picture is of Tara, then how does that fit into the scenario? Obviously, the sheriff doesn't think it is her in the pic.

Wow. The Sheriff believes he knows who the killer is. You'd think one of the bunch involved would commit a bad crime and really start talking and tell where the body is. I really thought the girl in the pic was Tara. Scotland Yard said it was her, but Los Alamos Lab. said no.

I really hope there is closure for Tara and her family (may they rest in peace). However, that poses the question of if that picture isn't of Tara, then who is it and the ever-nagging question where/who did it come from?

I really hope there is closure for Tara and her family (may they rest in peace). However, that poses the question of if that picture isn't of Tara, then who is it and the ever-nagging question where/who did it come from?
I always thought that picture was Tara. In addition to simply looking like Tara, the girl in the photo had Tara's favorite book in her lap, according to the parents. But I could be wrong.

Whether that photo is Tara or not I still dont think its a hoax.
That girl and that little boy were being held against their will.

Whether that photo is Tara or not I still dont think its a hoax.
That girl and that little boy were being held against their will.

Yes, I agree also! I just meant if the Sheriff is correct that he knows what happened to Tara then who is responsible for those two terrified kids in the photo and what happened to them....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back