NM - Tera Chavez, 26, found dead in her Los Lunas home, 22 Oct 2007 - #1

Ok so I just called KOAT and spoke to the media manger at the station, Devon to let them know that their stream is continually dropping. He said thank you for letting me know and he is going to look into the problem and if it is that more bandwith is needed then he is going to look into that too.

As far as the stream goes we are working to address the issues
by Tony Sabato, KOAT Staff 11:52 AM

-------

Good work!

11:56 AM
Anna V @Anna_Velasquez
Says Tera was disappointed #LeviChavez wasn't at son's bday party but noticed Tera sent him pics

11:56 AM
Anna V @Anna_Velasquez
Serna now up, says #LeviChavez was repeatedly texting Tera during son's bday party.

11:57 AM
Anna V @Anna_Velasquez
Serna done as well. Witness excused #LeviChavez

11:58 AM
Anna V @Anna_Velasquez
Breaking for lunch now, meeting back early. Court resumes at 12:45p #LeviChavez

Ok so I just called KOAT and spoke to the media manger at the station, Devon to let them know that their stream is continually dropping. He said thank you for letting me know and he is going to look into the problem and if it is that more bandwith is needed then he is going to look into that too.

YOU ROCK CALAMITYJANE!!! :rockon:

Good recap of this morning....

http://www.abqjournal.com/main/213063/news/levi-chavez-trial-resumes.html

Levi Chavez trial resumes
By Jeff Proctor / Journal Staff Writer on Fri, Jun 21, 2013
POSTED: 10:56 am

10:55 a.m.

The murder trial for former APD officer Levi Chavez resumed this morning with testimony from Chavez’s former brother-in-law and from the state crime lab firearms expert who examined the gun Chavez allegedly used to kill his wife in 2007.

Chavez is accused of shooting 26-year-old Tera Chavez once in the mouth with his APD-issued Glock 9 mm pistol, then staging the scene in the couple’s home near Los Lunas to make it appear as if she had killed herself.

Tera Chavez’s younger brother, Aaron Cordova, testified in Sandoval County District Court today as other members of his family and Tera’s friends had on days past — saying Tera hadn’t been depressed in the months before her death and that he had never known her to be suicidal.

Cordova was about to describe a conversation he had with his sister not long before her death in October 2007 during which she was “angry.” But an objection by Levi Chavez’s attorney, David Serna, on hearsay grounds was sustained by state District Judge George P. Eichwald.

Cordova testified that he had known Levi Chavez since high school, when his sister began dating the future lawman.

Levi got Tera pregnant not long before her 16th birthday and, according to Cordova’s testimony, Levi Chavez would walk around the high school the three of them attended “with his arm around another girl while my sister was pregnant.”

“That led to a fight,” Cordova said from the witness stand, but he later gained a modicum of respect for Levi Chavez because “he stepped up to the plate and married my sister.”

The two even became friends, Cordova said, often trading good-natured barbs and banter as the years went by.

However, he testified, the last time he saw Levi Chavez — a month or so before Tera’s death — Chavez “was extreme short with me.”

“He barely even shook my hand,” Cordova said. “It was weird; he was super-distant. He had done a complete about face.”

Alina Sanchez of the New Mexico crime lab testified that Levi Chavez’s APD-issued Glock was in good working order when she tested it months after Tera’s death.

A shell casing found at the death scene had come from the Glock, she testified, but she was unable to determine whether a “deformed” bullet and several bullet fragments had come from the pistol.

Also expected on the witness stand today are Nick Wheeler, an APD officer with whom Tera was having an affair at the time of her death, and Wheeler’s wife, Samantha Wheeler, who had gone to high school with the Chaveses.

Yeah, thanks all for the updates. The feed is not working for me and it's driving me insane.

:rockon:Thanks geevee for posting the twitter updates. This is so helpful.

And thanks for your article posts, CJ. :)

I sure hope they fix the feed for this afternoon, with both Wheelers testifying it could be interesting.

Goodness, I didn't think this trial could get any worse....but I suppose no live feed would finish me off. I'm in the mood to slap the s*** out of Serna.

The burning question of the day is: Is texting while driving considered more dangerous than driving while drinking?????

BBM.... :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

9:17 AM
Anna V @Anna_Velasquez
Serna asking about Cordova being contacted by Samantha Wheeler, day after Tera's body found. Serna's brought up Samantha before w others

BBM This concerns me and I have recognized that Serna keeps bringing this up and I am wondering what Serna's motive is. The thought that keeps popping up in my head is "doubt". Is Serna trying to create reasonable doubt. Is Serna trying to plant the seed of thought or inference without ever directly stating that one of the Wheeler's could have been the shooter.
Maybe I am way off base. I had noticed this myself but I felt validated when I saw this tweet from the reporter.

It is just me, or do you guys notice that Serna seems to always hone in on Samantha Wheeler's name when she is mentioned? He did it again today during his cross of Aaron Cordova. My impression is Serna will or is using the angle that Samantha -SODDI - could have done it since her husband and Tera were lovers. I may be way off on this....

Hi, lovely ladies (and groovy gents, if we have any)! I'm waiting for my (as always) tardy A/C guy. This is now day three with no A/C. Can I tell you that I'm pretty much like a wilted flower at this point? I've become too soft and spoiled in my middle age... Anyhoo, tried to catch a bit this morning, but lost the feed every five seconds. Okay, slight exaggeration. I hope CJ's (awesomeness!) call to KOAT will work some magic for us this afternoon, or at least next week. Hope you all are well. Happy Friday!

It is just me, or do you guys notice that Serna seems to always hone in on Samantha Wheeler's name when she is mentioned? He did it again today during his cross of Aaron Cordova. My impression is Serna will or is using the angle that Samantha -SODDI - could have done it since her husband and Tera were lovers. I may be way off on this....

Oh, I agree with you and CJ. I think he is clearly trying to intimate that Samantha in particular had an axe to grind with Tera. If I remember correctly, Serna asked her co-worker (?) about who she thought could possibly kill Tera, and she told them Samantha. Please set me straight if I'm off on that.

Oh, I agree with you and CJ. I think he is clearly trying to intimate that Samantha in particular had an axe to grind with Tera. If I remember correctly, Serna asked her co-worker (?) about who she thought could possibly kill Tera, and she told them Samantha. Please set me straight if I'm off on that.

Hi NCB oh my I feel for you not having any air conditioning. What are your high temps? Is it just about 100% percent humidity too?

Wow I missed that question and answer from the co worker. Well then I understand more clearly where Serna is headed. Maybe I am over reacting which I often do during these trials but I feel like this is trouble for the states case. Hopefully the state will solidify the point that this woman SW has an airtight alibi.

I just saw a headline on CNN that 4 people have been shot in Greenfield, NC?

Do you know anything NCB?

BBM
Wow! I don't specifically remember hearing that but I've not been able to listen everyday like I'd like to be able to. I know Serna is just doing his job, but come on, I think if Samantha did want to murder Tera she would have done it 100% differently.
ETA - Serna is just grasping and I hope the jury can sense that.

Did anyone else catch what the judge said as they were breaking for lunch? I thought I heard him say that they would go until they were finished today, and something about the 3:15 break, couldn't tell if he said they would or wouldn't have one. Is the PT almost finished?

I just saw a headline on CNN that 4 people have been shot in Greenfield, NC?

Do you know anything NCB?

Yes, heard it took place in a Greenville Walmart and the gunman was shot by police. I believe 4 were shot. I don't know about their conditions. Hopefully no one was seriously injured. Such a scary world these days.

BBM
Wow! I don't specifically remember hearing that but I've not been able to listen everyday like I'd like to be able to. I know Serna is just doing his job, but come on, I think if Samantha did want to murder Tera she would have done it 100% differently.
ETA - Serna is just grasping and I hope the jury can sense that.

Well, maybe I just imagined this testimony. I'm beginning to wonder myself now cuz everything is so freaking hard to hear in this trial. I'm sure someone will be able to confirm or set me straight. :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back