GUILTY NM - Venancio Cisneros, 18, & Anamarie Ojeda, 13, murdered, Santa Fe, 25 Oct 2014

From March:

Man gets 2 life sentences for 2014 double homicide

Raul Ojeda took a minute to compose himself Monday morning before speaking about his daughter AnaMarie, who was murdered in October 2014 only because, police and prosecutors say, her boyfriend owed the wrong guy drug money.

“I can’t hold my baby in my arms, or watch her accomplish her goals in life,” Ojeda said. “The pain I feel is the worst pain any parent should go through, and it’s always there. It doesn’t go away. My baby’s gone and she’s never coming back.”

Ojeda spoke in a Santa Fe courtroom shortly before a judge gave Ricardo Martinez, 22, two consecutive life sentences for killing AnaMarie Ojeda, 13, and her boyfriend, 18-year-old Venancio Cisneros.

Killer of two Santa Fe teens gets two life sentences

Family members of the victims wept inconsolably as they asked the judge to give Martinez the maximum sentence.

“I miss my son so much, you can not imagine how much,” Cisneros’ mother, Wilma Cisneros, said through a Spanish language interpreter. “He had lots of dreams and they have been taken away from him. He was so happy when he would come home he would say, ‘I’m here, Mom!’ ”

She added, “That day [of the murders] I waited for them all afternoon and they never arrived. I was calling them on the phone and they didn’t answer.

“His birthday was the 22nd of February. The only thing I could bring him was flowers. Life has changed a lot for me. When we have a dinner, my son is not at the table. We don’t celebrate Christmas, we don’t have parties at home anymore because our life is very sad.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back