NM - West Mesa Murders (2003-05)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would speculate because Albuquerque is really a small city, that when he was taking his pictures of "the street life" along central, the war zone, etc. someone must've remembered him and told APD about an out of town "white man" who had been coming to town for years taking pictures during the time of the state fair.
Yes -- but one of the businesses Erwin operated in Joplin was a photographer's studio on Main Street, so of course he'd be taking pictures. Had to be deeper, hinkier, info, I'd expect, in order for search warrants to be issued and served; otherwise -- wow, gross invasion of privacy, though Erwin did not pursue, I don't believe, action in a court of law to protest this matter.

Yes -- but one of the businesses Erwin operated in Joplin was a photographer's studio on Main Street, so of course he'd be taking pictures. Had to be deeper, hinkier, info, I'd expect, in order for search warrants to be issued and served; otherwise -- wow, gross invasion of privacy, though Erwin did not pursue, I don't believe, action in a court of law to protest this matter.

Yes, I would agree in any other city in the U.S. but we're talking about Albuquerque. APD is known to not exactly play by the rules.

Yes, I would agree in any other city in the U.S. but we're talking about Albuquerque. APD is known to not exactly play by the rules.
But police can only request warrants; courts then must issue them.

Just marking a spot so I can come in and get caught up over here. Willing to take direction if there's something specific that needs researched.

Windstorm, we would like for each person to take one of the victims and research them. We believe the connection between all these victims can tell us a lot about the killer. We know they all had high risk lifestyles (prostitution, drugs,etc) but we feel there could be more. We still have a few victims that need researching, if you would like to do that. If you scroll to the first few pages of this thread you will see who is assigned to who. I will go and copy it from the post and post a new one for you here so its easy for you to find.

Windstorm,

Here are the names of the WMBC victims and the WSers who are going to research them. We need help researching these victims. Please post who you would like to research, if you want to help. Thanks.

Michelle Valdez--JDauxa
Cinnamon Elks--The Seeker
Jamie Barela-
Evelyn Salazar-
Syllania Edwards--Sourcing for Info
Monica Candelaria-
Victoria Chavez-
Virginia Cloven-
Doreen Marquez--Vegasdee
Julie Nieto-
Veronica Romero-

As Im gathering info on Cinnamon, I came the story of Leah Peebles, who is still missing, and was last known to be prostituting in Albuquerque. He father has been on the streets of Albuquerque a great number of times searching and asking about her. He has received death threats.

Interestingly, enough Leah, was said to "be controlled" by AJ. AJ, however, denies ever knowing Leah.

I think its interesting how there seems to be a link between the known victims and this girl, who has yet to be found.

What I keep wondering, and I haven't found an answer yet, or Im just overlooking it is...is AJ the same person as Art Johnson, AKA Bennett. I believe it is, but looking for confirmation. Some articles call him Art Johnson, with alias as Bennet and other articles meantion an AJ, but no mention of it being short for Art Johnson or having "Bennet" as an alias. I know some others posted about AJ too....his name keeps coming up for a reason.

Flying Star Café, where Leah Peebles had previously met the person she was with on the day she disappeared, is a popular place for police officers and court employees. Hmmm.

Has anyone kept a list of those under suspicion over the years as perhaps being the WMK?

As Im gathering info on Cinnamon, I came the story of Leah Peebles, who is still missing, and was last known to be prostituting in Albuquerque. He father has been on the streets of Albuquerque a great number of times searching and asking about her. He has received death threats.

Interestingly, enough Leah, was said to "be controlled" by AJ. AJ, however, denies ever knowing Leah.

I think its interesting how there seems to be a link between the known victims and this girl, who has yet to be found.

What I keep wondering, and I haven't found an answer yet, or Im just overlooking it is...is AJ the same person as Art Johnson, AKA Bennett. I believe it is, but looking for confirmation. Some articles call him Art Johnson, with alias as Bennet and other articles meantion an AJ, but no mention of it being short for Art Johnson or having "Bennet" as an alias. I know some others posted about AJ too....his name keeps coming up for a reason.

Art Johnson and AJ are two different people I believe. AJ aka is Donald Sears and Anthony Jerome.

The poi in this case that have been in the press are:
Lorenzo Montoya (deceased)
Fred Reynolds (deceased)
Joseph Blea (in prison)
Mark Angelo Chavez (in jail)
Ron Erwin (photog)

The WMBC has also been rumored to be:

A rougue APD officer
The Cubans
A truck driver
A local gang who did the killings as an "initiation"

AJ turned out to be a pimp named named Donald Sears. Many believe/speculate that Nina Herron, Leah Peebles, Felipa Gonzales, Ana Vigil, Shawntel Waites, and Vanessa Reed will be found at a second burial site. Additionally, it is speculated that Lorenzo Montoya is the main poi. There is also another poi but that person has not been named.

thanks for the info-must be 2 diff guys---the AJ in the article is a Johnson--must be diff guy--I would bet there absolutely is a second burial site......maybe a third

Flying Star Café, where Leah Peebles had previously met the person she was with on the day she disappeared, is a popular place for police officers and court employees. Hmmm.

yet another reason why the speculation is about it being APD person(s) involved (one or more)

It would also be interesting to have an overview of those who have been or still are named persons of interest to one degree or another, regarding this matter.

This would be another good topic to split into another thread.

I will go ahead and take Evelyn Salazar too. I am not getting as much as I hoped for with Cinnamon, but I will keep on trying.

Here are the names of the WMBC victims and the WSers who are going to research them. We need help researching these victims. Please post who you would like to research, if you want to help. Thanks.

Michelle Valdez--JDauxa
Cinnamon Elks--The Seeker
Jamie Barela-Windstorm
Evelyn Salazar-The Seeker
Syllania Edwards--Sourcing for Info
Monica Candelaria-
Victoria Chavez-
Virginia Cloven-
Doreen Marquez--Vegasdee
Julie Nieto-
Veronica Romero-

From what I have read...the victims were found with NO clothes or belongings. Why??? To maybe help with hiding identity?? With DNA these days, it doesn't seem like that would make sense.

Why naked? Does someone somewhere have a whole room full of trophy's? Were they killed after sex? All of them? If so, the clothes still have to be somewhere.

At least 11 pairs of shoes...At least 11 pairs of pants, underwear (maybe), 11 bras (maybe), and 11 shirts. Jewelery. Purses. Items in the purses. Somebody HAS these things. I cant see them keeping all of it just to donate it the Salvation Army or something. They were kept for a reason...and I don't think ID purposes had anything to do with it. Not in this day and age.

Agree! The missing personal belongings is a clue. I think the clothing and personal effects were removed prior to burial. Maybe, as you stated, as a trophy or for identification purposes. Although, I think in the early 2000s, DNA identification was fairly widely known?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member