NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#28

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads' started by SoSueMe, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheerluck Holmes

Sheerluck Holmes New Member

Yes true, I had forgotten about that, thanks. Ill go back to being confused.

2. Mothergoose

Mothergoose New Member

3. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

4. CaseClosed

CaseClosed Registered User

5. annie46664

annie46664 Former Member

Oh gosh! :what: I obviously have a ONE-TRACK mind in this instance. *blush*
    But hey! He's sure lived up to BOTH names & especially the ROBERT = FAME!
    How more FAMOUS could he have ever hoped to have become during this lifetime? :banghead:

6. CJ60

CJ60 Former Member

BCD, when I log on here I feel great comfort that there are so many people that have the same moral standards as myself.

Then I read your post.... I have so much admiration and respect for you and your partner. You are right - we all have a choice, and you did the right thing by the people that worked for you, even though you lost so much yourselves, financially. And you realise what is important.. your family.

What goes around comes around... and for someone with your principles, I hope all turns out well..

Thank you so much for sharing.

7. Agent_99

Agent_99 New Member

Thanks. I was specifically referring to 'bleach'.

8. DrWatson

DrWatson Verified Thoracic and Vascular Surgeon

I gather that the phone was transmitting for a day or two. And you can't remove the battery from an iPhone - it's built into the phone.

But one thing that does still puzzle me - why such a huge triangulation of a 4Km radius for the phone? When I use location services on my iPhone, either from the phone itself, or from a computer using the "Find My iPhone" app, it not only locates the phone in the house - but even in the approximate part of the house. It is amazingly accurate. And that is while it is indoors with no GPS signal due to the roof - using cellphone tower triangulation only. If I take the phone outside, then it will pinpoint my location to within a couple of metres with the GPS data adding to the accuracy.

So that remains a puzzle for me - that huge radius for the phone's location until the battery ran flat.

Then I heard sometime later that the QPS had narrowed the location of the phone to a radius of about 150m around the BC house.

Not sure what changed there.....

And that whole area has been searched with a fine toothcomb.

9. kiwi50

kiwi50 Well-Known Member

Has it come out yet, when he actually hired the first lawyer?
    Very disappointing to read of the lack of co operation from the senior BC's towards the police, I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.
    How differently they could have acted yet still supported GBC.
    I've mentioned before the case in NZ that I'm attending, here the accused parents are supporting him by coming to court (even though their evil useless son can't even look them in the eye whenever he enters only a few feet from them)
    These parents haven't lied for their son,and have told the truth when giving evidence, but they sit there quietly holding hands, and I'm sure everyone in the courtroom feels for them, and respects them.
    What a shame the senior GBC's didn't choose this route.

10. halifax6

halifax6 New Member

Hmmm... I suppose you could chip a tooth if you were being asphyxiated with a pillow and you were scratching the crap out of the person holding the pillow over your head.

11. Mothergoose

Mothergoose New Member

12. Thinking

Thinking New Member

I am realllllly behind so no doubt this has been discussed...but I too have been stumped on the google/psychiatrist thing.

I think we have to treat it as a search that was done which he didn't expect to be discovered, as per the other google searches he did. So it can't have been an attempt to misguide anyone, which is different from the text messages which seem to be an attempt to cover up IMO.

I wonder if the search was for him, if he thought he was losing his mind?

13. grannie

grannie New Member

DrWatson, unfortunately or fortunately, it wasn't my "opinion" but a peer reviewed information. I was not referring to any particular method of injection. For some reason, you decided that it had to be intravenously because this is how they do it in the movies. However my concern was only about the end result. I am concerned that it may turn out that the COD is officially undetermined, therefore, there is no murder. The available evidence somewhat points that GBC wished to kill his wife and may be knows more about her death, but that's it.

Back to air embolus. In 35% cases cardiac arrest is not related to heart problems. It is a quite common COD, statistically, thus not usually treated as suspicious. The most common non-cardiac causes: trauma, non-trauma related bleeding (gastrointestinal bleeding, aortic rupture, intracranial hemorrhage), overdose, drowning and pulmonary embolism. If we put pulmonary (which is only 15% of all CAs) embolism aside (although with GBC's army training you never know), we still have trauma and/or drowning as a possibility.

About arterial air. Well, yes, no arguments about that, it often goes peripheral but often enough it produces ischemia of any organ with poor collateral circulation. Often enough arterial air causes fatal cardiac arrhythmias (VT -> VF). As a murder method it seems a bit too sophisticated for GBC and a bit too lengthy timewise, in my opinion, but as a possibility - why not?

I have also been thinking of the trauma triad of death as a method. Again, it would have been too sophisticated for Bruce Overland to even comprehend, but if the COD is undetermined, what else to think?

14. CaseClosed

I have turned off all location services on my iPhone and my child's one (to maximise battery life), hence "Find my Phone" and "Find Friends" do not work. ABC's phone could have had this feature turned off also and IMO QPS could only rely on triangulation from towers.

15. Opinionsgalore

Opinionsgalore New Member

Last year I was in a Police station with my eldest son over a minor infraction, it was his 2nd in a 12 month period and as he was a minor and hadn't actually broken any laws, the officer was going to be gentle with him- that was until I pulled the officer aside and told him that it was his 2nd time at being warned,and I'd greatly appreciate it if the officer would put the 'fear of God' in him. The officer was fantastic and my son was shaking in his boots, and had kept his nose clean since. I love both my sons, and would willingly lay my life down for them, but never would I stand by and lie for them, and they both know and respect that fact.

MOO

16. Mothergoose

Mothergoose New Member

Hi CC. I agree but the alleged is only relating to the phone call, texts and web searches. I think QPS will need to prove that he physically was involved in each of those events before it could be presented as evidence wouldn't they???? Just found it curious that only those particular details were alleged. I get your point though.
    Thanks

17. CaseClosed

18. Makara

Makara Former Member

IMO Googling psychiatrist's was all part of GBC's game plan. It's reported in MSM that the police arrived at the GC's residence at 8:30am on the Friday morning. It's also reported that GBC did a Google search for psychiatrist's at 9:34am that same morning. IMO the police were still at the house when he did this and for a long time after. I'm thinking that when the police arrived GBC made out like the anguished husband. "My wife is missing, she's suffering from depression, she's going to be so confused so I'll have a psychiatrist on hand for when you find her."

All speculation and MOO.

19. linette

linette New Member

In that case, perhaps he bit himself??

20. grannie

grannie New Member

Regular psychiatrists charge over $150 per hour if not more, and you need to be referred by GP to see one. Some selected psychiatrists charge over $500 per hour. Most of the psychiatrists work privately, a few work for the government, but you have to have a special reason to see that one. I doubt Allison had the means to see a psychiatrist on a regular basis. Somehow, I picture her saving money for the girls and their needs rather than paying shrinks. JMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.