NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#30

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads' started by SoSueMe, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

1 degree above zero here. Still warmer than GBC's heart IMO

2. GlobeArtichoke

GlobeArtichoke New Member

Oh, so heartening! Thanks, Even!

3. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

Fair call Woof. I'd dispute that "everyone in business needs a financial advisor" though. That's not necessarily true and I know many business people who successfully manage their own finances.

4. DrWatson

DrWatson Verified Thoracic and Vascular Surgeon

You may or may not recall my first post here - only a week or so ago - in which I suggested that we really do need to keep a little corner of our mind open to the possibility that he may NOT be guilty. I got pretty soundly "scolded' for saying it, too. But I have a thick enough skin and accepted the general mood. However, no matter how unlikely (and I do think it is unlikely) there is the possibility (not the probability) that the real story may just be something we least expect.

I think that all the postulating, the hypothesizing, the sleuthing, etc etc is all fine - and I have to say that I enjoy it as much as the rest of you.

But maybe it's just my medical training (and I'm sure those with legal training would tend to think similarly) but I keep coming back to the reality that we have very little in the way of FACTS. We only have what we are told by the media, and what came out in that bail hearing.

If I were trying to diagnose a medical problem, there would be a degree of "gut instinct" in there for sure, but before suggesting treatment, we would need to have as many facts (eg history, examination, test results, etc) before making a provisional diagnosis. Even then, the final diagnosis is often not achieved until the pathologist gives us the reports on the tumour we've removed, or whatever.

It is that very logical, fact and evidence-based approach, that dictates that we MUST leave open the possibility that GBC is not guilty of what he APPEARS to be guilty of.

We just don't have enough information to make that call yet - that's what the legal process is for.

Dang - now I've gone and put myself in everybody's bad books again....! :please:
    :truce:

5. GlobeArtichoke

GlobeArtichoke New Member

Yep, UnfoldingTruth suggested this in the previous thread. It crossed my mind too.

6. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

Stranger things have happened. We only know what the police and media want us to know and sometimes that information can be wrong.

7. CaseClosed

CaseClosed Registered User

Agreed ... I keep a 1% open to other possibilities. :floorlaugh:

8. UnfoldingTruth

UnfoldingTruth New Member

:floorlaugh:.. That would be a funny sight, in the middle of the night!

No I didn't suggest this. I mentioned something about the wifi call being at a close time to when somebody witnessed something odd at the roundabout.. And whether he could have had the facetime call from there..not specifically that the odd thing was him wandering around trying to pick up wi fi..lol

But its funny one statement I saw in the news actually put the facecall at 12:20pm(rather than approximating it to 12:30pm)..and the 'odd' thing seen at the roundabout(which may or may not be relevant), was at approximately 12:30pm.. if the person who saw something odd was pretty spot on with time and facecall was actually 12:20pm leaves approx 10mins to get there from BC seniors house- if he took the facecall at home...just something to consider.

9. angel1

angel1 New Member

And for the record GBC now has 3 lawyers!!!!!

It's on the courier mail website but for some reason i can't copy and paste it

10. angel1

angel1 New Member

11. CaseClosed

12. UnfoldingTruth

Nope.. there are a few of us who have kept an open mind or tried to. I still have a degree of this- simply as the law is, innocent until proven guilty. However in my mind that gap has narrowed quite considerably. We can't convict him without the facts, however what we have so far is very compelling and the fact is we are not the ones making the ultimate decision on this..unless we happened by sheer chance to be called up for jury duty in this case. However then we will be presented with ALL the facts as they are known.

I think given what we know and the fact I believe the police know alot more and would not arrest without good reason, I believe the likelihood of his guilt is extremely high.

MOO

13. mouse detective

mouse detective Veritas Omnia Vincit

The best thing Campbell Newman could do is reassure the Dickies and the public that he will ensure the prosecution team have all resources at their disposal, to match the might and power that will hit from the accused's defence team. However we know CN was until recently an FB friend of GBC's and NBC is connected to police commish Bob Atkinson.....so perhaps you might understand why I might sound a little skeptical about a successful conviction here??

Then what - massive compensation payout? Could earn more that he ever earned in real estate. JMO

14. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

July 03, 2012 12:00AM

GERARD Baden-Clay has sought legal advice from yet another top Queensland criminal lawyer, confirming to authorities that three law firms were now helping him with his legal defence.
    The 41-year-old former real estate agent accused of killing his wife was yesterday relocated from Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre's medical unit to a protected cell, but not before a visit from one of Brisbane's leading defence lawyers, Michael Bosscher.

Upon exiting the correctional centre in Wacol yesterday afternoon, Mr Bosscher refused to comment on whether Baden-Clay was a new client.

"No quotes at this stage," he said.

"I'm not even confirming I've been to see him. I come out here every single day to see different people."

The Courier-Mail understands Baden-Clay has written to Queensland Corrective Services informing them he wants to extend his legal counsel from Jacobson Mahony Lawyers, to also include Bosscher Lawyers and Nyst Lawyers, thereby giving their representatives clearance to visit him in prison.

Mr Bosscher, formerly a senior partner of one of Australia's biggest criminal practice law firm, Ryan Bosscher, is renowned for his outspoken views on legal reform and has represented high-profile clients including former Brisbane Lion captain, now coach, Michael Voss and top swim coach Scott Volkers.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/third-lawyer-joins-baden-clay-team/story-e6freon6-1226415091838

15. CaseClosed

16. angel1

angel1 New Member

Or 2 5 cent pieces lol :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

17. DrWatson

DrWatson Verified Thoracic and Vascular Surgeon

Yup - I'm about the same. But that's better than 0%.... ;)

18. Bayside

Bayside New Member

I am sure there will be an other email sent out soon begging for more funds to pay for the legal team.

19. mouse detective

mouse detective Veritas Omnia Vincit

20. UnfoldingTruth

Theres always the possibility, but it is looking quite slim.. but that doesn't mean its not there. However regarding the comment perhaps it was an accident and he's made it 1000 times worse by his actions.. Even if its an accident, he still did it(if he is guilty as alleged). Somehow if it was an accident its a little bit less abhorrent..however his actions since if that was the case do not make it seem he would be in the least bit remorseful.. The fake TXT messages Friday morning to Allison to see where she was, the dumping of the body, the call to insurance company before her body was identified.. the email/phone call to his mistress to say he had to lay low.. made it more than 1000 times worse IMO.. Now of course it is still only alleged at this stage that he did kill Allison, but all those things if he did and it was an accident, negate any leniancy to me and do not seem like remorse, more calculating and callous.. but just MOO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.