NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting.

So, there was $290K due by June 30. SO the QPS say.

QPS also say that GBC made a commitment to be with McHugh around the same date?

So, lets put two and two together and we get:

GBC promised to McHugh that he would be out of debt by June 30.

Let me say this: That is highly imaginitive of the QPS!

I think a more likely scenario is that GBC had decided that he would let the business fold by that date and not pay the BUSINESS debt. Pty Ltd, no skin off his nose.... really. Certainly not murder, thats just stupid.

Well you could say that it was Bruce Overland who made the commitment to Toni McHugh :)

That was probably a lie too, and you may well be right about one thing - that GBC had no intention of paying his debts.

It certainly was murder though, and he certainly is stupid.

Interesting.

I think a more likely scenario is that GBC had decided that he would let the business fold by that date and not pay the BUSINESS debt. Pty Ltd, no skin off his nose.... really. Certainly not murder, thats just stupid.

Time will tell.

I don't know if this has been brought up... But if ABC's body was never found, I wonder how long until GBC could cash in on her insurance. Does a benefactor of missing person get a payout? I wonder if his defensive team will use this? Or maybe the body was dumped in such a way it would be found; providing of course that GBD is in fact the murderer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe it's 7 years before someone can be declared legally dead. No payout before that.

The "dire financial circumstances" are nothing other than a huge beat up by the QPS to help secure a refusal of bail for GBC. Not unusual, police are like that.

There are some here who seem to thing that the police "only do the right thing". All I can say is: Please wake up to the real world. The police are like a dog on a bone. Once they get a grip they are very one eyed and will do anything they can imagine to get their way. Thats how they really are.

Those arrogant bastards!!! I knew I shouldn't have trusted those dirty coppers!!!

always beating things up ....making mountains out of molehills...just to get there own way!!!!!

thanks Jack!!!!

Aww crap a damn caterpillar just scratched me all over my torso, under my arm and on my face.......

oops the one under the arm was a shaving incident I forgot! :waitasec:

Those arrogant bastards!!! I knew I shouldn't have trusted those dirty coppers!!!

always beating things up ....making mountains out of molehills...just to get there own way!!!!!

thanks Jack!!!!

Aww crap a damn caterpillar just scratched me all over my torso, under my arm and on my face.......

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

thanks Jack!!!!

LOLOL.... you forgot to add the Courier Mail is in on the conspiracy too, poor innocent Gerard, everybody just want to use him.

Thats a better point than you possibly realise.

So the evidence is, from that, that GBC's financial position was not as "dire" as the police made out. Thank you.

Fact is that we do not know his true financial position, or that of the business (why does everybody forget that we have a Pty Ltd company here???) but rather only the QPS bleat that he was in "dire financial strife", with figures that have clearly been padded to make them look as bad as possible.

Let me tell you something about the police. They can look at you, or you, or you or YOU and make you look bad. They are very good at that, believe me.

do you have qps bashing blog per chance?

If you think carrying a business debt of $600K is not concerning (for a small business), then I don't understand your thinking at all (and this comes from a white collar worker!)

I may be concerning for a BUSINESS, it may not. It just depends. Essentially, we do not have all the facts.

I have known many business people who have gone bankrupt, some more than once. Its no big deal.

When I say "white collar", I don't mean somebody who works in an office, I mean a business owner.

Ignoring all the financial discussion Lightning Jack, are you able to comment on the other information/evidnce presented to the Courts that enabled GBC to earn a rest at the local Jail?

Im keen to hear your thoughts?

In time I think we'll hear a lot more about the finance side of the business...unless you were involved in that business, you, like us on here, don't know the whole story...yet.

So where was he going to get this $290k from by 30th June??

Exactly, we do not know the whole story.

If the business was going as badly as has been implied, then logically he would have made a decision to allow it to fold, however we just do not know. That the QPS could not see how he would come up with the money is meaningless, he knew a lot of people they do not.

I am just pointing out that the "dire financial circumstances" is a HUGE beatup.

I may be concerning for a BUSINESS, it may not. It just depends. Essentially, we do not have all the facts.

I have known many business people who have gone bankrupt, some more than once. Its no big deal.

When I say "white collar", I don't mean somebody who works in an office, I mean a business owner.

Yes, we don't know all the facts, however I personally would not select the bankruptcy avenue ever ... I would pay my loans (.. and I was a small business owner for 9 years).

Sica said, "I didn't kill noone and the qld justice system is corrupt okay?" haha i amsure all convicted felons will think that. An dthe double negative means he is admitting to the killing imo.

glad to see that justice has prevailed in this cas, he's hoping to a similar outcome with GBC, and they have more evidence against him than they did against Sica.......

Interesting.

Bankruptcy would be the likely outcome of this scenario.
Murder has been committed for much less.

If this was QPS' only evidence I would be more likely to give GBC the benefit of the doubt. But, IMO, the evidence that was presented out the bail hearing seems to point in one direction. Add to that his actions since ABC was reported missing and , as they say, if it walks like a duck etc.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion thought.

It certainly was murder though

Really? How do you know that? Because the QPS say it was murder, or are they in fact only ALLEGING it was murder?

FACT: Autopsy - no cause of death ascertained.

No cause of death... hmmm..... Now, I have read of cases where there was no body even and a person was convicted, however this was always with a whole big bunch of solid evidence, not speculation about finances and romance.

No cause of death. QPS will be very hard pressed to prove murder.

Exactly, we do not know the whole story.

If the business was going as badly as has been implied, then logically he would have made a decision to allow it to fold, however we just do not know. That the QPS could not see how he would come up with the money is meaningless, he knew a lot of people they do not.

I am just pointing out that the "dire financial circumstances" is a HUGE beatup.

The list of debts I posted from that report gives the amounts he's borrowed from various "people".

What it doesn't mention are any loans from banks or other financial institutions....

To date, I don't think we've heard a 1/4 of the debts owed by GBC.

Really? How do you know that? Because the QPS say it was murder, or are they in fact only ALLEGING it was murder?

FACT: Autopsy - no cause of death ascertained.

No cause of death... hmmm..... Now, I have read of cases where there was no body even and a person was convicted, however this was always with a whole big bunch of solid evidence, not speculation about finances and romance.

No cause of death. QPS will be very hard pressed to prove murder.

In refusing bail Justice Boddice seemed to think the crown had the basis for a very compelling case....

or is he in on it as well?????

Sica said, "I didn't kill noone and the qld justice system is corrupt okay?" haha i amsure all convicted felons will think that. An dthe double negative means he is admitting to the killing imo.

glad to see that justice has prevailed in this cas, he's hoping to a similar outcome with GBC, and they have more evidence against him than they did against Sica.......

Absolutely agree JK...oddly enough they both had the same alibis...at home & asleep.

http://www.century21.com.au/franchise-opportunities/brands-systems-support/

Century 21 Franchise Opportunities - Brands, Systems and Support

"The CENTURY 21 Learning System covers the full-spectrum of roles in the real estate industry, from reception and administration through to franchise ownership and everything in between - giving offices and agents the skills necessary to match the performance of world-leading real estate practitioners."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305