NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#30

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my memory it was an assumption that the canoeist was looking for the geocache. But a brilliant assumption. A member contacted crimestoppers just in case the location of the geocache was significant. I also remember a link was posted where the Century 21 organisation were sprouting the joy of geocaching.

(and I know some say kayak, some say canoe)

Yes it was a good assumption...personally I think it's one of those things that could be either way...that the canoeist was looking for geocache...or he was out in the creek because there was a lot of water in it following the heavy rain over the two prior days.

From memory CaseClosed reported it to Crimestoppers...

The C21 link was posted which mentioned the geocache...it's no longer available...

http://century-21-real-estate.com/2012/02/17/geocaching-what-are-the-different-types-of-caches/

ps...I call him the canoeist as this is what police called him...lol.

Hi Lulu
This photo is a screen dump from a video. There were a number of photos published in the MSM all later withdrawn as well as a number if MSM video clips. Her face is where you have her ankle and she appears with her legs drawn up and her hands tied behind her back. In other words the white part is where her face is. This could be for a number of reasons (her face was blocked out in this video, or there is indeed a plastic bag covering her face, or another reason not clear to me).

Oh my - were her hands really tied behind her :( would this have been to make transporting/carrying of the body easier ?

Marly

The canoeist said something about being excited (or the equivalent) about finding the "cache". From memory, he didn't use the word "geocache". WSs were perplexed by this because at first reading it appeared that he was refering to Allison as "the cache" - obviously a very inappropriate thing to say. However, a WS said that the canoeist was most likely referring to finding the geocache, because there was one near where Allison was found. So, he wasn't being insensitive and inappropriate.

When I've got some time this evening, I'll endeavour to find some relevant quotes.

The person on the geocache site I think was the one who mentioned he was excited...not the canoeist.

poor darling :tears:

So true. I still cannot get over how he could murder the beautiful mother of his three gorgeous daughters. It still completely defies belief. I have never been on sites like this and it is partly this disbelief and the anger that someone could do this that keeps me here.

I keep going round and round in circles regarding the whole 'where the body was originally placed' thing.

For the most part I thought it was more likely that it was placed further up near the Scout Camp, and washed down with the rain, even though that seems too obvious a place, considering their scouting connections. There are so many other places around there a body could have been placed/hidden. Also this does tend to make one wonder that if this was the case, then maybe they didn't want the body found, which kind of throws the whole insurance as motive idea (unless they planned on a later tip off). Makes me wonder if there's a lot more to this murder than insurance.

If the body was placed beneath the bridge, then I suppose the fact that kayakers use the creek, and it being a geocache site (if the killer knew this even?) may have led them to believe the body would be found eventually, and that an insurance claim could go ahead.

The thing that throws me with the latter scenario, is the risk that the body could easily have washed down from the bridge (with very high rainfall) into the Brisbane river, in which case it may well never have been found, and presumably a 7 year wait for insurance pay out (though I'm still unsure about the whole 7 year thing - can anyone confirm this is what happens?)

While I struggle with the idea of where ABC was initially dumped - I think we don't need to ponder this as part of the motivation for the crime. Suffice to say scouting knowledge would have played a part in where ABC was left.

I think we can safely assume this heinous act was motivated by money. And I don't think GBC would have cared that the money would take time to get to him - just that he would get it! He had a money tickets in all his mistresses and would play the grieving widower and leverage this position with his debtors. He could work the 'I can't work, my wife was killed you know, please, put the debts on hold till I get my wife's insurance payout'. Meanwhile he hooks up again with TM lives off her ability to earn an income and cheats on her behind her back to look for prospective higher income support mistresses.

That is how I think GBC thought this scenario would unfold. JMHO He missed the fact that QPS have statistics on initimate homicide and that the partner is always investigated first and foremost. HY OPINION ONLY

Looking at the photos, I can see it could be either way, head further up, on the right, or down below on the left, if that makes sense. Either way, both head and feet ends look white to me, but I don't have a great picture.

So true. I still cannot get over how he could murder the beautiful mother of his three gorgeous daughters. It still completely defies belief. I have never been on sites like this and it is partly this disbelief and the anger that someone could do this that keeps me here.

same here Rational!~:angel:

Oh my - were her hands really tied behind her :( would this have been to make transporting/carrying of the body easier ?

Sorry I should have bolded, I said she 'Appears with her knees drawn up and hands tied behind her back' don't know for sure and the police have not commented. She appears hogtied on some if the earlier images I have seen.

I don't want to start a rumour.
IMOO

Although I've read through most of this entire thread, from before I joined the discussion, I can't find where this geocache thing has come from. There is a post from Kimster mentioning the word, but I wonder if another post has been removed?

Or have I just not been able to find it?

Where did that information come from, and is it verified or is it just a rumour or a hypothesis?

Sorry - not questioning peoples' integrity here, but I honestly can't find that information. I would have thought that a geocache location somewhere in proximity to the scout camp would be likely, but not under the road bridge given that there isn't really any pedestrian easy access.....

Anyone? Link queen (Marly)? ;)

You do not need ropes to get down there. Can walk from road side.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...results-released/story-e6freoof-1226372823158

http://twitter.com/alyshiagates/status/213538847999528960

I heard recently that there is a man in Anstead (Mt Crosby Rd I think?) who keeps a logbook type thing with details of any suspicious or out of the ordinary goings on, mainly car regos and times of seen cars. (It does seem a pretty out there thing to do, I think he is an older guy)

Apparently he spoke to police, but no idea whether he had any details that were helpful.

Easy to traverse in daylight wearing walking shoes. Head lamps would make it doable at night. Where do caterpillars go at night? Do they sleep?
MSM and earlier threads on this forum reported that a white 4 wheel drive (i.e.Prado) was seen driving very slowly over Kholo Bridge at 4.00am by a person travelling to the market at that time. I could imagine that it was surveying the area to ensure that the body could not be seen from above the bridge, that it had been concealed well underneath. Just a thought.

I heard recently that there is a man in Anstead (Mt Crosby Rd I think?) who keeps a logbook type thing with details of any suspicious or out of the ordinary goings on, mainly car regos and times of seen cars. (It does seem a pretty out there thing to do, I think he is an older guy)

Apparently he spoke to police, but no idea whether he had any details that were helpful.

not really, i was in highschool when Sharron Phillips went missing, car left on side of road, it is now a cold case. From that moment on whenever I see a car on side if road, I take note of movement of people in and around it as I drive past, never felt like I should stop as yet, but I certainly take down regos or descriptions at the location in case sometjing dodgy is reported in the news.

MSM and earlier threads on this forum reported that a white 4 wheel drive (i.e.Prado) was seen driving very slowly over Kholo Bridge at 4.00am by a person travelling to the market at that time. I could imagine that it was surveying the area to ensure that the body could not be seen from above the bridge, that it had been concealed well underneath. Just a thought.

There were two posts which mention the "driving slowly"...

The first...

#897 05-08-2012, 08:44 PM
WSmum
Registered User Join Date: May 2012

A bit of local hearsay... A Kenmore friend told me that their friends husband was driving to work early the Friday morning (I believe to the Rocklea markets so early start like 4am). He was apparently driving over the Kholo Bridge and there was a car driving on it going the other way and moving very very slowly. It is my understanding this was reported to the police. It's information that is third hand but thought might be of interest.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7885645&highlight=rocklea+markets#post7885645
------------------------------------------

The other post...

#82 05-21-2012, 10:56 AM
angel1
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2012

For anyone that's interested i was just talking to my friend and he has sent through the information of what he sent to crimestoppers

On the morning of the 20th my friend and i were driving through the roundabout going up to Brookfield road. On the side of the bridge where Allison was found we noticed a white van driving slowly over the bridge. When it got to the other side we noticed that it came to a complete stop, A guy with blonde hair, about 5'11", clean shaven with a noticable tattoo got out of this van and was looking very strange. It was like he was watching out to make sure noone was in the area.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...&highlight=driving+slowly+Kholo+Bridge&page=4

Does anyone know if more details/evidence will be released at the committal mention on the 9th July?

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered before.

The report which mentioned the two cars seen at Anstead...

May 16, 2012

A WITNESS has told police of seeing two four-wheel-drives near Kholo Creek crossing early on the day Allison Baden-Clay was reported missing.
It is alleged a white four-wheel-drive didn't have its headlights on, only parking lights, and was closely tailing a smaller, blue four-wheel-drive at about 4am on April 20.

http://www.news.com.au/national/bad...our-wheel-drives/story-e6frfkvr-1226356754019

There were two posts which mention the "driving slowly"...

The first...

#897 05-08-2012, 08:44 PM
WSmum
Registered User Join Date: May 2012

A bit of local hearsay... A Kenmore friend told me that their friends husband was driving to work early the Friday morning (I believe to the Rocklea markets so early start like 4am). He was apparently driving over the Kholo Bridge and there was a car driving on it going the other way and moving very very slowly. It is my understanding this was reported to the police. It's information that is third hand but thought might be of interest.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7885645&highlight=rocklea+markets#post7885645
------------------------------------------

The other post...

#82 05-21-2012, 10:56 AM
angel1
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2012

For anyone that's interested i was just talking to my friend and he has sent through the information of what he sent to crimestoppers

On the morning of the 20th my friend and i were driving through the roundabout going up to Brookfield road. On the side of the bridge where Allison was found we noticed a white van driving slowly over the bridge. When it got to the other side we noticed that it came to a complete stop, A guy with blonde hair, about 5'11", clean shaven with a noticable tattoo got out of this van and was looking very strange. It was like he was watching out to make sure noone was in the area.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...&highlight=driving+slowly+Kholo+Bridge&page=4

I remember those posts marlywings, but the second one made no sense to me, as the roundabout is about 15 kms from the bridge.

Hi Lulu
This photo is a screen dump from a video. There were a number of photos published in the MSM all later withdrawn as well as a number if MSM video clips. Her face is where you have her ankle and she appears with her legs drawn up and her hands tied behind her back. In other words the white part is where her face is. This could be for a number of reasons (her face was blocked out in this video, or there is indeed a plastic bag covering her face, or another reason not clear to me).

yes, the larger white area i thought was her face, and it may appear bigger in comparison to the person standing there because its been purposely obscured like you say or a large white plastic bag. hopefully if its plastic it holds a lot of clues.

I remember those posts marlywings, but the second one made no sense to me, as the roundabout is about 15 kms from the bridge.

Yes seemed a bit odd... if they were driving up to Brookfield Road they'd be driving in opposite direction of the bridge??

not really, i was in highschool when Sharron Phillips went missing, car left on side of road, it is now a cold case. From that moment on whenever I see a car on side if road, I take note of movement of people in and around it as I drive past, never felt like I should stop as yet, but I certainly take down regos or descriptions at the location in case sometjing dodgy is reported in the news.

Thanks JK, it's good to know some people are really observant.

Did the van come to a stop on the road, or off the road? As the first place to stop on the road is a fair distance from the bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth