NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#30

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads' started by SoSueMe, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

Yes it was a good assumption...personally I think it's one of those things that could be either way...that the canoeist was looking for geocache...or he was out in the creek because there was a lot of water in it following the heavy rain over the two prior days.

From memory CaseClosed reported it to Crimestoppers...

The C21 link was posted which mentioned the geocache...it's no longer available...

http://century-21-real-estate.com/2012/02/17/geocaching-what-are-the-different-types-of-caches/

ps...I call him the canoeist as this is what police called him...lol.

2. kalamityk

kalamityk Inactive

Oh my - were her hands really tied behind her :( would this have been to make transporting/carrying of the body easier ?

3. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

The person on the geocache site I think was the one who mentioned he was excited...not the canoeist.

4. Rational

Rational Former Member

So true. I still cannot get over how he could murder the beautiful mother of his three gorgeous daughters. It still completely defies belief. I have never been on sites like this and it is partly this disbelief and the anger that someone could do this that keeps me here.

5. Liadan

Liadan Well-Known Member

While I struggle with the idea of where ABC was initially dumped - I think we don't need to ponder this as part of the motivation for the crime. Suffice to say scouting knowledge would have played a part in where ABC was left.

I think we can safely assume this heinous act was motivated by money. And I don't think GBC would have cared that the money would take time to get to him - just that he would get it! He had a money tickets in all his mistresses and would play the grieving widower and leverage this position with his debtors. He could work the 'I can't work, my wife was killed you know, please, put the debts on hold till I get my wife's insurance payout'. Meanwhile he hooks up again with TM lives off her ability to earn an income and cheats on her behind her back to look for prospective higher income support mistresses.

That is how I think GBC thought this scenario would unfold. JMHO He missed the fact that QPS have statistics on initimate homicide and that the partner is always investigated first and foremost. HY OPINION ONLY

6. LauraMars

LauraMars New Member

Looking at the photos, I can see it could be either way, head further up, on the right, or down below on the left, if that makes sense. Either way, both head and feet ends look white to me, but I don't have a great picture.

7. Liadan

Liadan Well-Known Member

same here Rational!~:angel:

8. Rational

Rational Former Member

Sorry I should have bolded, I said she 'Appears with her knees drawn up and hands tied behind her back' don't know for sure and the police have not commented. She appears hogtied on some if the earlier images I have seen.

I don't want to start a rumour.
    IMOO

9. Keentoknow

Keentoknow New Member

You do not need ropes to get down there. Can walk from road side.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...results-released/story-e6freoof-1226372823158

http://twitter.com/alyshiagates/status/213538847999528960

10. LauraMars

LauraMars New Member

I heard recently that there is a man in Anstead (Mt Crosby Rd I think?) who keeps a logbook type thing with details of any suspicious or out of the ordinary goings on, mainly car regos and times of seen cars. (It does seem a pretty out there thing to do, I think he is an older guy)

Apparently he spoke to police, but no idea whether he had any details that were helpful.

11. Fuskier

Fuskier Well-Known Member

MSM and earlier threads on this forum reported that a white 4 wheel drive (i.e.Prado) was seen driving very slowly over Kholo Bridge at 4.00am by a person travelling to the market at that time. I could imagine that it was surveying the area to ensure that the body could not be seen from above the bridge, that it had been concealed well underneath. Just a thought.

12. JK673

JK673 New Member

not really, i was in highschool when Sharron Phillips went missing, car left on side of road, it is now a cold case. From that moment on whenever I see a car on side if road, I take note of movement of people in and around it as I drive past, never felt like I should stop as yet, but I certainly take down regos or descriptions at the location in case sometjing dodgy is reported in the news.

13. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

There were two posts which mention the "driving slowly"...

The first...

#897 05-08-2012, 08:44 PM
    WSmum
    Registered User Join Date: May 2012

A bit of local hearsay... A Kenmore friend told me that their friends husband was driving to work early the Friday morning (I believe to the Rocklea markets so early start like 4am). He was apparently driving over the Kholo Bridge and there was a car driving on it going the other way and moving very very slowly. It is my understanding this was reported to the police. It's information that is third hand but thought might be of interest.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7885645&highlight=rocklea+markets#post7885645
    ------------------------------------------

The other post...

#82 05-21-2012, 10:56 AM
    angel1
    Registered User Join Date: Apr 2012

For anyone that's interested i was just talking to my friend and he has sent through the information of what he sent to crimestoppers

On the morning of the 20th my friend and i were driving through the roundabout going up to Brookfield road. On the side of the bridge where Allison was found we noticed a white van driving slowly over the bridge. When it got to the other side we noticed that it came to a complete stop, A guy with blonde hair, about 5'11", clean shaven with a noticable tattoo got out of this van and was looking very strange. It was like he was watching out to make sure noone was in the area.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...&highlight=driving+slowly+Kholo+Bridge&page=4

14. LauraMars

LauraMars New Member

Does anyone know if more details/evidence will be released at the committal mention on the 9th July?

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered before.

15. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

The report which mentioned the two cars seen at Anstead...

May 16, 2012

A WITNESS has told police of seeing two four-wheel-drives near Kholo Creek crossing early on the day Allison Baden-Clay was reported missing.
    It is alleged a white four-wheel-drive didn't have its headlights on, only parking lights, and was closely tailing a smaller, blue four-wheel-drive at about 4am on April 20.

http://www.news.com.au/national/bad...our-wheel-drives/story-e6frfkvr-1226356754019

16. LauraMars

LauraMars New Member

I remember those posts marlywings, but the second one made no sense to me, as the roundabout is about 15 kms from the bridge.

17. bearbear

bearbear Well-Known Member

yes, the larger white area i thought was her face, and it may appear bigger in comparison to the person standing there because its been purposely obscured like you say or a large white plastic bag. hopefully if its plastic it holds a lot of clues.

18. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

Yes seemed a bit odd... if they were driving up to Brookfield Road they'd be driving in opposite direction of the bridge??

19. LauraMars

LauraMars New Member

Thanks JK, it's good to know some people are really observant.

20. alicat

alicat Member

Did the van come to a stop on the road, or off the road? As the first place to stop on the road is a fair distance from the bridge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.