No cause found for "freakish mystery illness" Morgellons

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by wfgodot, Jan 26, 2012.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

There have been a couple of Morgellons-related threads on WS, both from 2006.

Study of freakish mystery illness finds no cause (AP/newsok.com)
    the rest of this lengthy article at link above

2. Loading...

3. kgeaux

kgeaux New Member

I love the quote from the neurology professor, "The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

What a strange phenomenon. I really hate it when medical people tell women it is all in their heads!

4. 21merc7

21merc7 New Member

I remember reading about this before, now I can't find the link. A doctor, I think he was in Texas, was creating a cream and something else, I think lemon sulphue tablets, can't remember nor find the link now. The doc passed away unfortunately, but someone kept the link going for a while and had pics of the "critters" of the cause. It freaked me out.

I don't know the answers, but I think it is real not in the head. Much like those young girls in the news now with the Turret's symptoms, I think that is chemical, not in their heads. Alas, I am not a doctor.

5. Quiche

Quiche New Member

Weird that it was first seen in the late 17th century, eh? Especially with the "fibers."

Seems the National Institute of Health has a number of papers on it-- I hope they get to the bottom of it, as I live in Northern California! (and I know of one potential sufferer, hadn't heard the name of it, but know about the mystery skin condition.)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16489838

6. badhorsie

badhorsie Mouth operational, brain elsewhere...

Here's a piece of useless information, I saw a TV programme about Morgellons where it was completely debunked, I cannot remember what the programme was called, who presented it or which channel it was on.

7. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

JMO there are lot of very real diseases that are in the head. It's not dichotomous: not in the head, real vs. in the head, not real.

Here is a somewhat skeptical site about Morgellons:
    http://morgellonswatch.com/

(Not MSM, a private blog, and I've just browsed, not read it through.)