No charges for mother in hot car death

I live in this area and I am really upset about this. I was upset before, but now to find out that she also left her child in the car on August 21st AND the 22nd, it just put me over the top! On August 22nd here it was 100 degrees!!!

Not to mention, her daughter was on the driver's side in the backseat and she walked right past that door in the surveillance video!!

She clearly has a pattern of irresponsible and negligent behavior in regards to her children. Even if she doesn't get jail time, she needs to be charged with SOMETHING!!!!!!!

AMEN.

I'd love for Nancy Grace to hear about this one.

(snipped for length)
This fruit loop put her child IN the car then proceeded to get out and get back in several times and never thought of her baby in the car???
IMO this tells me she was one of those mom's who made it a habit to run in and buy donuts or to pay for gas while habitually leaving the child in the car.

Amra, I think you are on to something here. (Sadly.)

I think she is full of crap. She had to know. Anyways we disucessed this today in my Sociology class and people were getting so mad we had to stop talking about it. My heart breaks for that little girl.

maybe we can make the argument to the DA that the baby was a animal. if we argue that the baby was a mammal so therefor a animal we may get charges pressed. forget your dog it is a crime. forget your baby a accident.

That might work Sherry.

Here's another article:

Police: Mother Of Dead Toddler Was Warned About Leaving Child

BATAVIA -- A woman whose 2-year-old daughter died in an overheated car last month had left the girl unattended before and had been warned about the danger that created, according to a police report.

Brenda Nesselroad-Slaby had been told by a former administrator at her 5-year-old daughter's preschool that the younger sister shouldn't be left in the car by herself, the Miami Township police report said.

A parent had complained about seeing the toddler left in a car during the winter. The former administrator told police that the event prompted the school to warn parents in its newsletter that no child should be left in a car unattended.

http://www.wdtn.com/global/story.asp?s=7035094

From above link:
Nesselroad-Slaby lives in Hamilton County, where the Department of Job and Family Services is investigating to determine whether Cecilia's sister might be at risk.

Agency spokesman Brian Gregg confirmed agency workers have met with the family but he would not say more, citing confidentiality laws.

From above link:
Nesselroad-Slaby lives in Hamilton County, where the Department of Job and Family Services is investigating to determine whether Cecilia's sister might be at risk.

Agency spokesman Brian Gregg confirmed agency workers have met with the family but he would not say more, citing confidentiality laws.

I could save them some money and tell them in a New York minute: "YES, she's at risk."

I wonder if she's related to any bigwigs in that city? I really can't believe not one charge is being levelled at her right now. I also can't believe that the people calling in (like the one article mentioned) are really 50/50 about charging her for this. It should be more like 80-for charges/20-against. Again, unless there's family involved.

this is a case i just can't understand. i may disagree with others on cases where a child is forgotten in a car. some say it was a accident and we never agree but i atleast understand where they are coming from. when SCM for example says the parent was distracted and had tunnel vision and is suffering enough i dont agree but i understand how SCM can see it that way. in this case even SCM can not understand why no charges are filed. when someone like SCM can not agree with the DA then god knows i wont. her child did not die the first time she did this. her child survived the second time. 3rd strike before she finally kills the baby and she gets to walk??? i can not for the life of me understand why the DA is not using her as a example.

The DA needs to be Nifonged!! What kind of justice is he concerned with?! There IS substantial proof in this case she WAS neglectful of this child on numerous occassions and was confronted. This means she willfully and knowingly subjected her child to bodily harm while being left in her vehicle unsupervised!

Criminal charges should certainly be forthcoming or the DA needs to be removed. The public should not stand for such a blatent disregard for the law or this victim.

this is a case i just can't understand. i may disagree with others on cases where a child is forgotten in a car. some say it was a accident and we never agree but i atleast understand where they are coming from. when SCM for example says the parent was distracted and had tunnel vision and is suffering enough i dont agree but i understand how SCM can see it that way. in this case even SCM can not understand why no charges are filed. when someone like SCM can not agree with the DA then god knows i wont. her child did not die the first time she did this. her child survived the second time. 3rd strike before she finally kills the baby and she gets to walk??? i can not for the life of me understand why the DA is not using her as a example.

Just a shout out, sherri :blowkiss: to say you're right, based on what we know, I do not understand why this woman has not been charged. It's very strange. This women seemed to be a habitual leaver of her child in the car and I agree with other posters that she may well have been moving the car around to keep the child in the shade during the five (!!) times she went out and moved the car that day.

I am going to try to investigate a bit more tonight after I get the kids in bed.

There has to be some reason I mean seriously who would see all this and not charge her, its infuriating me that she is getting away with it.

(Notes from that video, but poorly taken!!) lol

Shepherd Smith speaking with Don White, prosecutor of Claremont Cnty.
Don White: We concluded she forgot her child was in the car. Ohio law deems "forgetting" negligent.

Prior report: Took her child into preschool and left other in car, apparently this was routine but one time it was reported because she was in the preschool for 5-10 minutes.
Another report: Previous winter a complaint of her leaving a child in her car. (They didn't go over the circumstances.)

There has to be a change to OH law if charges are to be made in situations like this per Don White.

(I'm sorry but this prosecutor is a jerk.) "Feel sorry for Mrs. Slaby" he responded when Shepherd said "I'm sorry for you."

Don White: She didn't intentionally leave her child in the car for 8 hours. No human being would ever do that.

Wow, he needs to take off his rose-colored glasses.

ETA: I'm not saying Slaby left her daughter in the SUV on purpose, just commenting that there have been idiots in the world that leave their kids ON PURPOSE for 8 hours. That prosecutor should know that.

this is really pi&@ing me off. She has done this many times to this child and I wonder how many to the older child. Surely being someone who works in school she knows better then that. I live in ohio and work outside all day and it has been extremely hot. I can barely handle getting in a hot car after it has been sitting in the sun all day. I think we should get her and strap her in a car and make her sit for 8hours with nothing to drink and no way to get out....makes me so mad....

After reading the police documents, I am appalled that charges aren't being brought. There were MANY instances were concerned citizens complained about Slaby leaving her child in the car while she was out and about. This wasn't a one-time deal, and I think Amra pegged it. She was used to doing this and this last time resulted in her child's death.

:banghead:

According to the police document the FATHER left the baby in the car in 2007 as he dropped off the other child.

It's a family tradition.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back