No Christmas movie/family tradition/huh?

Camper

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
In reading through some of the threads here, rehashing and rehashing JonBenets murder continue, I recall something ODD.

Movies of family are so commonplace on special holidays and special occasions to lock up those memories for your old age and reflection on happy times gone by, I do still find it ODD that the Ramseys 'apparently' failed to prepare to do this, when it was espoused as a long time FAMILY tradition.

An OOPS moment, no batteries, if my memory recalls correctly this was their excuse.

We always prepared days before the holiday to take movies.

Boys and girls do you recall that Grampa P, gave JonBenet one hundred dollars as a gift and Burke got zip, am I remembering correctly? Was there a fight between Burke and JonBenet that morning that made the movies go 'gone gone' ?, or what transpired that morning that caused there to be zero movie taken on JonBenets last living day on earth, or at least none that was discovered.

Do you remember the moving man that found a video film BEHIND the huge TV center in the LR ?, and laid it out for reference, and it became 'gone gone'. Does anyone remember the details of this more clearly than myself, I have no link or reference at hand for this, other than my memory of it.

My opinion is that there was in fact a Christmas movie, and that it must have been something really ugly that happened that morning to make it disappear.

I do not buy the tale the Ramsey's told of why there was no Christmas movie. MOO

EXCELLENT point! I too find it hard to belive that Patsy wouldnt have "photo-op'd" Christmas of all days!

I didn't know about JBR getting X-Mas $ from Granpa and Burke being left out though.
Part of me finds it hard to belive Burke wouldve made a big deal out of it though as I think he was,by that time,used to JBR being the "star" and ,at least from the info Ive gleaned,he wasnt "into" sibling rivalry but then again is that how the Ramsey's have PURPOSEFULLY protrayed him??

Maybe the photos/video show someone else who was there that day ?????

So many theories!!!! BUT indeed the lack of pictures/video is curious and IMO the Ramsey's hid then prob. destroyed them for some unknown reason(and have and will lie about them when asked)

Dead batteries sound legitmate to me........too many things nowadays have batteries you have to constantly charge....the kids were getting older---in most families there tends to be more videos, etc. of the first kid--and that dwindles as they get older.

Burke had everything he wanted and more....you're grasping at straws.

Maikai said:
Dead batteries sound legitmate to me........too many things nowadays have batteries you have to constantly charge....the kids were getting older---in most families there tends to be more videos, etc. of the first kid--and that dwindles as they get older.

Burke had everything he wanted and more....you're grasping at straws.

==========<><
It was not as if they were living in Australia, 3 days to and 3 days back, from a quickie trip to the local mart.

Their little life boat is surrounded by floating straws. MOO

Yes a surprise guest showing up on the tape would destroy that surprise guests alibi, now wouldn't it?

Especially when that perhaps surprise guest was seen walking up to the Ramsey house Christmas day AFTERNOON, by the neighbor. Hmmm.

To have MR. Barnhills visual, discounted was a major mistake. It is common for 'younger' folks to assume anyone in their 70's and older are not to be taken seriously on WHAT he saw, was a BIG mistake. CYA going on.

If it was not Johns older son, then WHO was it? Ramseys should know what 'young man' came to their door on Christmas day.

Ramseys ne

I'm a believer in odds and a few times at the race track has proven my point. Now in the case of the Ramseys vs. pure fate, all one has to do is to list all the facters involved and ask themselves, "what are the chances?", and I think you'll see what I mean. For instance what are the chances that someone would breach your home to kill or kidnap your daughter and know where to find everything he needs to pull this of and not only that but have handwriting that closely resembles that of someone in the homeand the list goes on. Even though it seems that the Ramseys had "a little help from their freinds", I believe that one day that innocent little girl who's only crime was to be born onto that family, will get a little help from her freinds and it will all be out on the table.......the truth is it's own witness and needs no help from anyone. And sometimes dead people do a better job of telling the truth than the living Just my opinion.....not written in stone....SoloSamTheMan

messiecake said:
I didn't know about JBR getting X-Mas $ from Granpa and Burke being left out though.

Part of me finds it hard to belive Burke wouldve made a big deal out of it though as I think he was,by that time,used to JBR being the "star" and ,at least from the info Ive gleaned,he wasnt "into" sibling rivalry but then again is that how the Ramsey's have PURPOSEFULLY protrayed him??

GLOBE Interview With JonBenet's Grandmother

"Hours before her murder, JonBenet was worried about Burke being upset that she had more spending money than he did".

"I talked to JonBenet on the phone for the last time on Christmas morning," Nedra recalls. "It was while her mother made breakfast in the kitchen."

JonBenet was so excited. She had the $100 I gave her and the $500 she won from a beauty pageant."

She told me: 'You know I have $600 Grandmom, but Burke has only $100 you gave him. But you know he wasn't in the pageant like me.'"

"'Grandmom, I think I'm going to bank some of that $500. Because I don't need $500. I can save it.'"

What a Sweetpea! :p

http://groups.google.ca/groups?q=ne...r=&ie=UTF-8&selm=335CCD79.1C40@aol.com&rnum=1

Thank you so much for clearing up some mis information that circulated on the internet in those early days, April of 1997. I had never seen the interview with Nedra, in the link you posted.

It appears that JonBenet was away from her mom a lot in those times when Patsy was being treated in MD. Even Nedra was with Patsy, so where was JonBenet and with whom during all of those times.

After all the family had been through how even more important to have a Christmas video, without fail.

I think we can all accept the premise that if JonBenet was favoured over Burke and he was consigned to the darkness while JonBenet was in the spotlight, then Burke might have resented her so deeply that he would kill her, either accidentally or intentionally. However, can we really accept that these same parents would then move heaven and earth to protect this killer of their beloved daughter? In time, of course, guilt might kick in and they might realize they had created the situation for the son; in time, they might also excuse the son; in time, they might even convince themselves that Burke was innocent. But we're talking about hours after the murder, not months or years ....

Unbelievable panic, and knowing that there was nothing they could do at that moment in time to save JonBenet, it was too late for that, and to save face, yes panic time could have allowed it to happen as you describe. MOO

the Ramseys didn't have the criminal mind, history, or wherewithal to do this crime.

Maikai said:
the Ramseys didn't have the criminal mind, history, or wherewithal to do this crime.
Well I guess that would be why they screwed it up so bad and the only reason they havent been caught is because the police screwed it up worse. Just my opinion....oops! I had a thought?????

Maikai said:

I do believe that they had the wherewithal to cover up the crime, such as the tape for JonBenets mouth (that was a staging thingie). Then there was the white cord, that appeared to have been an in house item. Then they had the yellow legal pad. They had the writing tools handy.

Then of course they called a boatload of friends over that morning, EVEN though the note said their DAUGHTER would be BEHEADED if they even talked to a dog. Some of the guests even tidied up the kitchen, destroying 'whatever' clues might have been there for the police when they arrived.

The other wherewithal to do the crime included their daughter within the home, with the doors locked and no signs of forced entry.

The other wherewithal, included expensive attorneys ASAP, for the entire family here and in Georgia.

To all outward appearances, Marilyn VanDerburs father had no 'visible history' of abusing his two daughters. Heck he even put up a lighted cross, visible for dozens and dozens of miles from metropolitan Denver to promote his mortuary business. Yet produced a gun as a threat to his little girls 'if they told'. Who knew? The girls knew, and he did too. It is now in the history books for him.

As far as a criminal mind being in place by the Ramseys, they had reading material about such things on their own book shelves. Plus protecting their/our own is a basic nature of all living animals.

Maikai said:
Oh bulloney. JonBenet's body provided the "history" -- physical evidence of chronic/prior vaginal abuse... not to mention the documented "history" of being used as a sexualized living doll for her mother's (and her father's???) vicarious thrills.

The "wherewithal" is obvious. And I won't insult your intelligence by pointing out that things like accidents and emotional outbursts don't require "history" nor "criminal mind." Same with self-preservation.

And what do you mean by "criminal mind" anyway? Do these minds come with a warning label we can all see? Wow, that would sure simplify the criminal justice system, eh? What are the symptoms of such a mind? How about... lying? We've got plenty of proof the Ramseys are liars, and isn't "liar" the definition of "crime stager"?

BTW, how do we necessarily recognize criminal mind, history until a perp is caught? The Ramseys have been caught. Just because Boulder *advertiser censored*ked up justice in this case doesn't make the truth any less apparent. Do you really believe the system never fails and always reflects truth? Is OJ innocent?

Camper, good post!

messiecake said:
EXCELLENT point! I too find it hard to belive that Patsy wouldnt have "photo-op'd" Christmas of all days! QUOTE]

Being the Beauty Queen she is. :twocents:

Britt said:
Oh bulloney....... The "wherewithal" is obvious. And I won't insult your intelligence by pointing out that things like accidents and emotional outbursts don't require "history" nor "criminal mind." Same with self-preservation.

And what do you mean by "criminal mind" anyway? Do these minds come with a warning label we can all see? Wow, that would sure simplify the criminal justice system, eh? What are the symptoms of such a mind? How about... lying? We've got plenty of proof the Ramseys are liars, and isn't "liar" the definition of "crime stager"?

You can't write what you don't know....you have to know the movie references, and have an interest in them. There were no movies in the Ramseys home even remotely similar to extortion movies---or we would have heard about that from the leakers.

You have to know how to make the garrote, and know what it is used for. There is no evidence whatsover that the Ramseys lied about anything--they spoke the truth---they have no idea who this monster was.

Camper said:
Boys and girls do you recall that Grampa P, gave JonBenet one hundred dollars as a gift and Burke got zip,
MOO

As an African-American, I take deep umbrage at being queried in this manner.

Maikai said:

This is a pathetic logic fallacy for those who have studied logic. You set up the parameters and then judge the situation according to the parameters you set up.

A criminal mind did not have to so this crime, only a human one. The Ramseys have the mind, history and wherewithal because they are human. Humans kill, and they like it ,and some do it to children. Wake up, just because you can convince yourself of your own stupidity doesn't mean you can convince others. YOU don't have the wherewithal to do that.

Hi Camper, Lovely weather we're having eh?

vicktor said:

Hey vick that's kinda funny! Deep umbra(ge), deep shadow, blackness. Tell me that was planned.

vicktor said:

================<><

As an online poster here at WS for years and years, we are all the same color here. In fact we do have boys and girls who post as well as the older generation. Gender of the posters has never been an issue at WS, nor something that we question of each other.

The expression term is an old one used for as long as I can remember in American usage, and I am 71 years old.

The topic of this thread is, why is there no movie of the Ramseys Happy Christmas morning, an OLDE family tradition?

Video camera's (mine is a 1995 RCA Camcorder, full sized VHS style, same as the Rams reportedly had) do not require that you "must" use batteries. They also have the option of using the power cord that you can plug directly into household current.

The "dead batteries" is just another excuse to hide something they don't want anyone to know about IMO.

You can't write what you don't know.
You have to know how to make the garrote, and know what it is used for. There is no evidence whatsover that the Ramseys lied about anything--they spoke the truth---they have no idea who this monster was.
Take your own words to heart, YOU can't write what you don't KNOW. You don't know them and you weren't there, so you can't say they spoke the truth.

John was stationed in the Phillipines so he would KNOW about garrot stangulation methods as it's one of the principle ways of killing someone over there. Do you think he never saw anything on the news, in the paper, or heard stories from his comrads? Oh that's right!
According to you they are too stupid to figgure out how to perpetuate such a thing let alone understand how it's done. I guess they NEVER watched crime movies (rented or borrowed, serious or comedy movies like that one where Bette Middler is kidnapped by Judge Reinholdt) either (gee what did they need that giant projector screen in their bedroom for then?). BTW I didn't see Britt say anything about "writing" in her post either. How did you twist around what she posted into what the Ramsey's could or couldn't "write"?

However again, You "can't write what You don't know".

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChucksChickTiff
Back