No more twinkies or hostess cupcakes or wonder bread???*UPDATE*

I very much doubt Patrick Henry had twinkies in mind when he made that statement.

It was a joke. Good gravy.

Well, unless you live in NY and want a large soda. :D

I don't live in NY, but if I were, I would just fill my soda cup twice.
:floorlaugh:

Just ready that Papa Johns had been operating at about a 10% profit margin for the last several years, but in the last 8 months they are down to 2%. Not sure if they are going to make it and know they can't afford the Universal Healthcare tax.

(sigh)

Nooooooo!!! Papa John's is my absolute favorite pizza!!

Too bad about Hostess. There is a big Hostess factory (bakery?) near us and I love driving by there and smelling the fresh bread baking. I feel so bad for all of those that will lose their jobs. Another casualty of this horrible economy. :(

Add 18,000 to the unemployment rolls, your unions working for you.

I'm just glad it isn't lil Debbie, I can eat me some lil Debbie snack cakes.

And just when some states are legalizing pot. Now I gotta call a guy to see if he can hook me up with a Twinkie.

I don't care about twinkies going away...but wonder bread? That's the only white bread sold at my grocery store! The other breads are rye, pumpernickel, sesame, etc. :( I don't know an alternative to Wonder Bread!!

I've never had a twinkie in my life...

They don't have generic or other brands of white bread? We have many different options but of course none are as good as Wonder Bread. We long ago switched to wheat though so I haven't had Wonder white in a very long time.

Nooooooo!!! Papa John's is my absolute favorite pizza!!

Too bad about Hostess. There is a big Hostess factory (bakery?) near us and I love driving by there and smelling the fresh bread baking. I feel so bad for all of those that will lose their jobs. Another casualty of this horrible economy. :(

They were union workers who voted to play hardball, after being told it would mean the end of the company. It's what they wanted.

well, just in case i dont know about ohio, but here in illinois we have "bunny bread" its not identical...but its darn close...look for it :)

and homemade twinkies are the BEST!! yummmm

here, in my part of Texas, we have white bread called ...

wait for it...

"bimbo bread" lol

My granny use to use that word, for some, um, well, loose ladies..:floorlaugh:

eta, sad to hear about the people loosing their jobs..

oh, I have been baking my own bread for the last 4 yrs now..

nice bread machine...buy a 50 pound bag of flour, store the flour, and about 1 a week, make my own bread..

but shucks, I use to love me some wonderbread with miracle whip on it..

twinkies? I plead guilty to eating them yrs ago..

ding dongs? u betcha..yrs ago...

They were union workers who voted to play hardball, after being told it would mean the end of the company. It's what they wanted.

I didn't mean that comment to be political by any stretch of the imagination. Truly. Just a generalization. :)

here, in my part of Texas, we have white bread called ...

wait for it...

"bimbo bread" lol

My granny use to use that word, for some, um, well, loose ladies..:floorlaugh:

eta, sad to hear about the people loosing their jobs..

oh, I have been baking my own bread for the last 4 yrs now..

nice bread machine...buy a 50 pound bag of flour, store the flour, and about 1 a week, make my own bread..

but shucks, I use to love me some wonderbread with miracle whip on it..

twinkies? I plead guilty to eating them yrs ago..

ding dongs? u betcha..yrs ago...

BBM

Right there with you!!! We can find Bimbo Bread at our local Wally world. My sister buys the whole wheat.....I will have to try their white bread...

Thanks!!!

:great::great::great:

Add 18,000 to the unemployment rolls, your unions working for you.

I'm just glad it isn't lil Debbie, I can eat me some lil Debbie snack cakes.

My DH is so heart broken because Lil' Debbie doesn't make his snacky cakes anymore...or if they do, they don't sell them here.

I've found them a couple of times down at the coast and I buy all of the boxes they have. lol People look at me like I'm crazy with 20 boxes of chocolate snack cakes.

I think I can handle this okay, but I'd hate to see Hershey shut down. :notgood:

They don't have generic or other brands of white bread? We have many different options but of course none are as good as Wonder Bread. We long ago switched to wheat though so I haven't had Wonder white in a very long time.

I just have to say it: Toasted Wonder white bread, real butter and home made grape jam (not jelly, has to be jam) or home made Apple Butter. Yum! Wonderful childhood memories!

Salem

I just have to say it: Toasted Wonder white bread, real butter and home made grape jam (not jelly, has to be jam) or home made Apple Butter. Yum! Wonderful childhood memories!

Salem

A lot of people might disagree with me, but I always thought that the best grilled cheese was made with Wonder Bread and Velveeta Cheese (food).

A lot of people might disagree with me, but I always thought that the best grilled cheese was made with Wonder Bread and Velveeta Cheese (food).

I always thought the best toast was made from Silvercup.

I didn't mean that comment to be political by any stretch of the imagination. Truly. Just a generalization. :)

But they didn't lose their jobs due to the economy. They lost their jobs because they wouldn't back off their union demands. They essentially voted to go out of business and now they're out of jobs. Political?

This is so sad on all levels......there are people that would have done anything to get a job and these people just threw it away....

But they didn't lose their jobs due to the economy. They lost their jobs because they wouldn't back off their union demands. They essentially voted to go out of business and now they're out of jobs. Political?

How I understand it, the Teamsters negotiated with Hostess and that worked out just fine, but the Bakers Union was the one who stuck their heels into the ground which led to Hostess shutting down.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back