No Worries Prom

Pandora

Reaction score
Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Anna Rahm spent her senior year of high school enduring chemotherapy sessions, blood and platelet transfusions and multiple surgeries, including the amputation of her right leg in October.

"Living with a life-threatening illness every single day, you just wonder if this could be your last day," said Rahm, who was diagnosed last summer with a rare bone cancer called osteosarcoma.

But last week, the 18-year-old from Chatsworth, California, was able to receive her diploma and attend a one-of-a-kind prom with nearly 200 other teenagers also living with a life-threatening illness.

The annual No Worries Now prom is the brainchild of 20-year-old Fred Scarf. The event is intended to give the teens an opportunity to celebrate their life and their youth in an environment of acceptance and camaraderie.

"Losing my hair was worse than hearing that I had cancer," Rahm said. "At the No Worries Now prom, people can look at me and understand what I'm going through, and I definitely feel a different intimacy with them because of it."

More at link:
http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/06/24/cnnheroes.scarf/index.html?hpt=C2

it is amazing to me what young people can achieve! The young man who founded this organization is an amazing gift to all of us!

WOW! I'm so glad they have this opportunity!

Salem

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back