Non-Religious Questions About the Big Bang Theory

scarpetta

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I was sitting outside late tonight burning some small dried branches in a large clay Chiminea. I started the fire with some wooden matches from a cardboard box, and some paper. Once the fire had burned down to glowing embers I grabbed a handful of matches out of the box and threw them in just to see how long it would take each sulfur tip to ignite. I got a little carried away and wound up emptying the entire box. That left the box! So I tossed in the cardboard box and it ignited, burning very quickly. As a matter of fact, it seemed to burn so hot and quickly that even though the entire box was glowing red, it stayed completely intact in its’ glowing form for several seconds before black spots began to appear, and just before the box fell apart and the ashes flew out the chimney. The black charred spots apparently indicated that those parts were as burnt as they could get and had turned to ash.

This made me think of the Big Bang Theory and the universe, and I realized that I am lacking a lot of information about that subject. The reason why I started this thread is because I am wondering if any of you have scientific knowledge about the Big Bang itself, because I have some questions and would appreciate it tremendously if any of you have the answers. Again, I am not asking these questions from a religious perspective. Purely scientific. In addition, I am not asking these questions because I already have answers in mind and I would like to debate. I don’t know the answers, nor do I have preconceived opinions about them.

I am going to ask each question in a separate post so that you can quote a question and answer it if you are so inclined. So, if any of the 10,494 members would like to take a stab at the answers I would really appreciate this shortcut I am attempting instead of spending hours researching.

1. Are all the elements in the universe, not just the earth, listed on the Periodic Table of Chemical Elements (Mendeleev Periodic Table)?

[FONT=&quot]5. Do scientists theorize that it exploded in the center, or the edge of our known and existing universe?[/FONT]

6. Depending on the location of the explosion, is the universe expanding in a circumference from the center of that explosion? Or did the blast propel the matter all in one singular direction?

7. Our sun is composed of mostly Helium (He) and Hydrogen (H2). The surface of the earth is composed of mostly water, basalt, and granite. The earth’s atmosphere is composed of nitrogen, oxygen, argon, carbon dioxide, etc. The surface of the planet Mars is composed mostly of iron rich basaltic rock. In other words, different planets have their different concentrations. My question then is…..how did the elements get clumped together that way? How did they divide that way (higher concentrations of elements in some and not in others), all coming from one source (whatever exploded)?

10. Why did suns, stars, etc. remain burning (surface) objects and others became “solid” like the planets? What was the process of separation if everything originated from one location?

11. At what point in the earth’s cooling down process did an atmosphere surrounding the earth occur? Did all the other planets develop their own atmosphere too? Is this consistent throughout the universe?

Have you tried googling the answers to your questions, as I think you are going to get opinions and not correct answers.

12. My matchbox in the fire was a glowing shape and then it began to cool and crumble, and then the ashes floated off. Where did all the ashes in the universe go? Did they all become trapped inside of each planets atmosphere and then eventually settle on the surface?

14. How did galaxies get clumped together, with the different galaxies separated from one another? When did this occur after the initial explosion?

15. Did the material that initially exploded contain the building blocks of life? If yes, then how did those building blocks survive the intense heat of the explosion if that same heat produced the sun?

Have you tried googling the answers to your questions, as I think you are going to get opinions and not correct answers.

Thank you Shazza. Yes I am googling as well. If there is no known scientific data on any of these topics then, yes, it would come down to opinion only. But I am not asking about theories on who put the matter there that exploded. I just want to know if anyone knows what scientific data is out there that attempts to answer these questions.

Thank you Shazza. Yes I am googling as well. If there is no known scientific data on any of these topics then, yes, it would come down to opinion only. But I am not asking about theories on who put the matter there that exploded. I just want to know if anyone knows what scientific data is out there that attempts to answer these questions.
Good luck Scarpetta, as this truly is way over my head. Didnt do to well at science at school.
I would still like to know which came first the chicken or the egg, and where did we come from, Adam and Eve as says the bible, evolution, are our ancestors really apes, who really knows the right answers to these, we all have our opinions and think we have the facts to back them up, but which is right. WAY WAY OVER MY HEAD.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back