Northwest States - OR, WA, ID, MT, WY - Weather Discussion

Discussion in 'Weather' started by raine1212, Jun 2, 2013.

1. raine1212

raine1212 Former Member

This thread will contain information for the Western United States

2. Loading...

3. raine1212

raine1212 Former Member

Ok Kimster should be Partly Sunny High possibly 77 today, Low tonight 47 radar looks clear for a few days. I don't see anyt lows yet forming to cause rain...

4. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

I doubt we'll see much activity on this thread, since the weather in the west is AWESOME! :great:

5. Show Me

Show Me New Member

Send awesome weather to Mid West please!

6. raine1212

raine1212 Former Member

Kimster forecast, sunny low 80's could have some wind gusts. No rain.. Tonight should be warmer.

There is a upper low in the gulf of Alaska that may bring some drizzle to the coast and north by Friday. Enjoy the day..

7. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

REPORTING LIVE FROM THE GREAT NORTHWEST:

It's absolutely gorgeous! Wear your Birkies! :lol:

8. raine1212

raine1212 Former Member

Another gorgeous day in Alien country . Low 80's, dry with a lite north wind.. Do aliens need sunscreen. Oh.. We need a alien picture sunbathing....lol

Still watching upper level low coming in... Still looks flat for your area.. Still only drizzle for the coast on Friday

9. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

10. deca

deca New Member

You forget...it is not only aliens that enjoy our weather-

the PNW is also home to a large bigfoot population!

Sunny at 80 ish here. Going to go fill up the kiddie pool.

11. raine1212

raine1212 Former Member

. Low 80's light wind... Cooler on the North Coast, with the low level clouds..

I am going to start feeling Andrea soon...Yuck.. Maybe I should come to OR today...

Kimster pick me up in your space ship....lol

12. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

Eugene forecast:

Today: Partly cloudy in the morning...then mostly cloudy. Scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs 65 to 70. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 50 percent. Rainfall amounts less than a tenth of an inch.

Tonight: Mostly cloudy. Scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms in the evening...then scattered showers after midnight. Lows around 50. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 50 percent. Rainfall amounts around a tenth of an inch.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?zoneid=ORZ007

13. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

14. deca

deca New Member

I cannot believe how cold is was today/last night. I mean, we had to go get our jackets out again. What is with that?? My neighbors have only been able to use their pool once this year.

15. Show Me

Show Me New Member

That sucks.

I remember one year our kids could only use the pool a few times because of cold summer and rain. Right when the pool finally warmed up it'd rain or turn cold and gray.

16. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

17. LotsaLatte

LotsaLatte Member

Loving our rain-free hot weather in the PaciNW!! Woo hoo!

18. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

I know what you mean! Last year we didn't even get a summer at all! :notgood:

19. Reader

Reader New Member

Winter Storm Atlas: Why We Named It

http://www.wunderground.com/news/why-we-named-winter-storm-atlas-20131002

The Weather Channel meteorologists Tom Niziol, Peter Neilley and Stu Ostro have determined that a storm expected to soon hit a large swath of states in the Rockies, Foothills and Plains fits all the criteria to be named Winter Storm Atlas. It is the first named storm of the 2013-14 winter weather season.

The decision was based on the current level of forecast confidence, expected effects meeting National Weather Service winter storm warning criteria across a sizable area and this storm being of notable magnitude for so early in the season.......

Winter Storm Atlas: Your Reports
    http://www.wunderground.com/news/winter-storm-atlas-your-reports-20131003

Tornado Damage near Lincoln, Neb.: More Severe Expected Friday
    Read more at http://www.wunderground.com/news/nebraska-tornado-damage-20131004#h5yZZlDA7OuWGFpJ.99

20. kai

kai Active Member

I'm taking a warming break! Atlas has found its home in Wyoming. We woke up to 10 inches of snow, now have about 16, and I think it will hopefully top out around 20 by tonight. Our neighborhood was so covered in broken trees and branches we couldn't drive. We have filled 3 30 foot trailer loads with branches and my family is working on the 4th load. It has been really neat to meet neighbors and work together to clean our streets. I am not a snow lover, but this storm has been good in the sense that we are working together and helping each other. Definitely cool.

Stay warm all of you under Atlas and its wrath! Its a nasty storm!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

21. Reader

Reader New Member

Winter Storm Cleon Update: 12-18 Inches of Snow Possible as Storm Moves Across Northwest, Mountain West

http://www.wunderground.com/news/winter-storm-cleon-update-20131202

Published: December 2, 2013

Winter Storm Cleon is beginning its march across America Monday and is expected to bring as much as a foot and a half of snow and frigid arctic temperatures to the Dakotas, the Rockies, Montana, and more.

"The big word for Winter Storm Cleon is the cold air," said The Weather Channel's winter weather expert Tom Niziol. "There's an arctic front coming down from Canada that will make temperatures plummet. By Thursday morning you're looking at temperatures in the minus teens in the Dakotas."............