Norway Norway - Isdalen, WhtFem 503UFNOR, multiple aliases, multilingual, Nov'70

The Isdal Woman was not married and didn't had any children. This was established by post-mortem examination.
Is strange that in 46 years, nobody recognized her: no family members, no friends.

I can totally understand how autopsy can tell if a woman gave birth or not, but how can it tell if she was married?

Perhaps they assume that she would not have had *cough* carnal relations outside of wedlock? And never had, hence the assumption?

That's all I can come up with as an explanation for this very strange statement.

Maybe she was a nun who left the convent in later years?

Perhaps they assume that she would not have had *cough* carnal relations outside of wedlock? And never had, hence the assumption?

That's all I can come up with as an explanation for this very strange statement.

Or, much simpler explanation, she didn't wear any alliance ring. Usually, married women do carry an alliance ring.

Or, much simpler explanation, she didn't wear any alliance ring. Usually, married women do carry an alliance ring.

She removed all labels and info from her belongings. She would not have kept a wedding ring with details that give away a lot, like a date, a name or initials.

IMHO "not wearing a wedding ring" would have been a better statement if this was the case. But it is no ground for the conclusion that she wasn't married, if that was the conclusion.

I think the NRK series has been translated into English. Or am I confusing with another Norwegian media who translated their work into English ?

The team at NRK did publish a basic article, summarising the background to the case and the reasons for renewed interest in it, in English and later in French and German, but last time I looked at the site all the rest of the articles and updates were still only available in Norwegian.

I can totally understand how autopsy can tell if a woman gave birth or not, but how can it tell if she was married?

I think they're saying she was a virgin, and assumed that if she had got married she wouldn't be. Still not 100% though is it, how strange!

I think they're saying she was a virgin, and assumed that if she had got married she wouldn't be. Still not 100% though is it, how strange!

Traditionally, not having a hymen has been taken as evidence that a woman is no longer a virgin. However some women can have sex without the hymen tearing, at least initially.

I think she might have told the man she had dinner with the week of her death that she had never been married. Police questioned him. We can't be certain she was telling him the truth about whether or not she had ever been married.

Doe Network Page:
503UFNOR
Lots of good information and pics at link. Posting portions of it.
503UFNOR14.jpg
503UFNOR15.jpg
503UFNOR.jpg
503UFNOR7.jpg
503UFNOR20.jpg

AKA: Genevieve Lancier; Claudia Tielt; Alexia Zerner-Merches; Vera Jarle; Fenella Lorch; Elisabeth Leenhower;
Distinguishing Marks/Features: She spoke German, English, Belgian and French with an unknown accent. She was said to have smoked South State cigarettes. Broad hips, small ears and a round face.
Identifiers
Dentals: Available. Distinctive dentistry, including unusual gold crowns. 14 full or partial root canals. Bottom wisdom teeth present. Marked spacing between the two foremost teeth in upper jaw. Possibly performed Far East, Central/Southern Europe or South America."

"Nine fake passports and used wigs"

"March 20, 1970 - she travels from Geneva to Oslo

March 21-24, 1970 - she lives at Hotel Viking in Oslo using the name "Genevieve Lancier".

March 24 - flies from Oslo to Stavanger, takes the boat to Bergen, stays the night at Hotel Bristol using the name "Claudia Tielt".

March 25 - April 1- stays at hotel Scandia in Bergen, still as "C. Tielt"

April 1 - travels from Bergen to Stavanger, and on to Kristiansand, Hirtshals, Hamburg and Basel. Thats the last trace of her in Norway until she returns six months later.

October 3 - travels from Stockholm to Oslo, and on to Oppdal, stays the night at the hotel there together with Italian photographer Giovanni Trimboli

October 22 - stays at hotel Altona in Paris

October 23 - 29 - stays at Hotel de Calais in Paris

October 29 - 30 - goes from Paris to Stavanger and on to Bergen

October 30 - November 5 - checks in to hotel Neptun using the name "Alexia Zerner-Merches"; she meets an unknown man at the hotel.

November 6 - 9 - she travels to Trondheim, lives at hotel Bristol using the name "Vera Jarle".

November 9 - goes to Oslo and on to Stavanger where she stays at Hotel St. Svitun using the name "Fenella Lorch".

November 18 - goes with the boat Vingtor to Bergen where she stays at hotel Rosenkrantz using the name "Elisabeth Leenhower" from Belgium.

November 19- 23 - stays at hotel Hordaheimen, stays in the room a lot and seems watchful.

November 23 - leaves the hotel in the morning, pays in cash and goes to the railway station where she places 2 pieces of luggage in a depository box.

November 29 - she is located dead in Isdalen".

The last episode of the Death in Ice Valley is available now (as well as the 9 other episodes). Death in Ice Valley - 10. Underground - NRK Radio

The team at NRK did publish a basic article, summarising the background to the case and the reasons for renewed interest in it, in English and later in French and German, but last time I looked at the site all the rest of the articles and updates were still only available in Norwegian.

You probably know this already, but you should be able to use Google Translate to either paste the URL in the translation toolbar, or use the autotranslator on the pages themselves (if available).

You probably know this already, but you should be able to use Google Translate to either paste the URL in the translation toolbar, or use the autotranslator on the pages themselves (if available).

I know, but I learned enough Norwegian using Duolingo to be able to read much of the material in that language :)

Besides, Google Translate tends to make a dog's dinner of the job in this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back