Norway Norway - Isdalen, WhtFem 503UFNOR, multiple aliases, multilingual, Nov'70

That article is really interesting. Her not wanting to talk about work and life is very typical behavior of spies. I believe there were other witnesses that said they tried talking to her as well and she gave the exact same answer.

Last edited:
I came across a link to a newspaper containing the most amazing revelation - a photo of her in life! And the story behind the photo is just as intriguing:
title-1560027096.jpg

The article (in French):
Mystère. Un Forbachois pense avoir connu l’inconnue tuée en Norvège
This is not confirmed to be a photo of her in life! This is a photo of a woman that a man in France THINKS could be Isdal Woman.

Quite frankly, this is one of those Doe cases that I don't think is ever going to be solved. Especially if its true that she was some sort of spy. Every country in the world has spies and they infiltrate every country. They also get killed everyday and no government or media outlet is going to mention their deaths while they cover it up. Think of the implications of what would happen if the Norwegian people found out this woman was a spy. Immediately people will start asking a lot of questions. Why was she in our country in the first place? What was her mission? Was she trying to take out the King or PM of Norway? These are the questions that Norways government will be bombarded with and their government most likely wants to avoid these questions at all cost.

Last edited:
Quite frankly, this is one of those Doe cases that I don't think is ever going to be solved. Especially if its true that she was some sort of spy. Every country in the world has spies and they infiltrate every country. They also get killed everyday and no government or media outlet is going to mention their deaths while they cover it up. Think of the implications of what would happen if the Norwegian people found out this woman was a spy. Immediately people will start asking a lot of questions. Why was she in our country in the first place? What was her mission? Was she trying to take out the King or PM of Norway? These are the questions that Norways government will be bombarded with and their government most likely wants to avoid these questions at all cost.
Like why did that prince commit 'suicide'?

Thats what I was thinking! I want the book!
Not to make light of the tragedy and no disrespect, but it sounds like something you would see on 'alias', so yeah the spy thing sounds right.

Unless she wanted to destroy her own body so she wouldn't be recognized , which it actually sounds like that's what she did , if she did it .

A lot of articles written about this case mentions that she had a lot of different passports, but did the police find all those different passport or are we just assuming she had them because she used a lot of different names? If the cops found the passports they would released the passport photo, right? She would not have needed a passport to get a hotel room in Norway in the 70s, in fact, Norway was a pretty naive country when it comes to security until the 2010s..

A lot of articles written about this case mentions that she had a lot of different passports, but did the police find all those different passport or are we just assuming she had them because she used a lot of different names? If the cops found the passports they would released the passport photo, right? She would not have needed a passport to get a hotel room in Norway in the 70s, in fact, Norway was a pretty naive country when it comes to security until the 2010s..

if I recall, there were no physical passports found. But she had filled out a registration form at each hotel and each time she gave a different passport number

Welcome to Ws JMNor!
BBC World Service - Death in Ice Valley - The Isdal woman's many identities
"The Isdal woman's many identities

As the police began to investigate the identity of the Isdal woman, it was discovered she had stayed in the St Svithun hotel in Stavanger. Further investigation showed that she had stayed in several hotels in Norway - but using different aliases. And since most hotels required guests to show a passport and fill in a check-in form, this means she would have had several fake passports. Here is a sample of those hotel forms.

Genevieve Lancier, from Louvain, stayed in Viking Hotel, Oslo
p0668302.jpg

Claudia Tielt, from Brussels, stayed in Hotel Bristol, Bergen
p066833z.jpg

Claudia Tielt, from Brussels, stayed in Hotel Skandia, Bergen
p06681m1.jpg

Claudia Nielsen, from Ghent, stayed in KNA-Hotellet, Stavanger
p06681ht.jpg

Alexia Zarne-Merchez, from Ljubljana, stayed in Neptun Hotel, Bergen
p06682m5.jpg

Welcome to Ws JMNor!
BBC World Service - Death in Ice Valley - The Isdal woman's many identities
"The Isdal woman's many identities

As the police began to investigate the identity of the Isdal woman, it was discovered she had stayed in the St Svithun hotel in Stavanger. Further investigation showed that she had stayed in several hotels in Norway - but using different aliases. And since most hotels required guests to show a passport and fill in a check-in form, this means she would have had several fake passports. Here is a sample of those hotel forms.

Genevieve Lancier, from Louvain, stayed in Viking Hotel, Oslo
p0668302.jpg

Claudia Tielt, from Brussels, stayed in Hotel Bristol, Bergen
p066833z.jpg

Claudia Tielt, from Brussels, stayed in Hotel Skandia, Bergen
p06681m1.jpg

Claudia Nielsen, from Ghent, stayed in KNA-Hotellet, Stavanger
p06681ht.jpg

Alexia Zarne-Merchez, from Ljubljana, stayed in Neptun Hotel, Bergen
p06682m5.jpg

Fantastic, I've never seen these. Of course a lot strickter for foreigner during the cold war. Thanks.

Pardon my off-topic post, but I thought readers here might also have interest and/or insight regarding the 2007 case linked below. It appears the unidentified woman may have traveled SAS Air. There are other interesting (but disjointed) clues to Scandinavian areas (as well as areas in the US and Canada - and possibly other countries - Shoes from Poland, Danish Royal family, and she possibly attended medical conferences?)

You will see from my post in the thread, I located a stamp collector associated with the US address mentioned in the case. Also, I recently noticed the sunglasses found were marked Vinetic - which is a subsidiary/branch of Infineon (a German company) - leaning me to wonder if she was employed with sales/marketing Vinetic products to other countries.

Italy - Prato, WhtFem, hanged, maps of Vancouver & Copenhagen, Nov'07

Foreign woman who committed suicide in Italy in 2007 is still unidentified : UnresolvedMysteries

Last edited:
'Major breakthrough' in Norway mystery
Jeffrey Epstein's accused madam Ghislaine Maxwell’s emails hacked: report
Does anyone notice the resemblance between Isdal Woman,and Gislaine Maxwell.
The isotope make-up area Isdal Woman was from, and the Gold Crowns. She obviously had money,connections. Gislaine's father connections,origins, and the way he died are insane.
MOO

What is the connection you are trying to make? I am missing something....Maxwell was born in 1961. I am not trying to be rude or flame you, I honestly think there is something I am missing with the comparison.

I have heard other people comment on how they thought the Oslo mysterious death victim in Norway resembled Ghislaine Maxwell, who would have been 34 when the strange death occurred in 1995.

What is the connection you are trying to make? I am missing something....Maxwell was born in 1961. I am not trying to be rude or flame you, I honestly think there is something I am missing with the comparison.

I have heard other people comment on how they thought the Oslo mysterious death victim in Norway resembled Ghislaine Maxwell, who would have been 34 when the strange death occurred in 1995.
I think they very well could be related. With what is known about Robert Maxwell and daughter it wouldn't surprise me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back