Norway Norway - Oslo, WhtFem 20-30, Fake Name, shot in hotel room, Jun'95

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing I noticed: The name Belgium is spelled in Englisch instead of Dutch (belgië) or France (Belgique) or Norwegian (Belgia).
I think Jennifer wrote "Belgium" in English because the form is in Norwegian and English.

It is customary to write the country name in English for international post but the street name, area and city can be written in the local language as once the post has arrived in the destination country the local post takes over.

Do we know if anyone has ever looked at the address card to see if it corresponds to a hotel room in Verlaine?

Edited: I'm not finding anything that is close in terms of names (i.e. the "Sta--" with a very cursory search, but curious if this was ever considered?) I know the address is false.

Last edited:
23 August 1973 is the "Stockholm Syndrome" robbery. If it was not her actual birthday, it is an interesting date to choose.

I still feel she made a mark separating or accenting the middle of the "sta" word.

Was she trying to indicate the was a hostage being loyal to her captor? :eek:

Stumbled on a Reddit thread for Jennifer, and someone mapped out different locations possibly indicated on the registration card, including Felsőszentmárton.

I'm not sure I understand what point they're making, but it is interesting how it seems to be a straight journey. Noting here in case it means anything.

I can't remember if we are allowed to link to Reddit? I think not for some reason, but I'm sure some of you have already been there, so there you have it.

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 11.05.04 AM.png

As someone who lives in Belgium, there are many glaringly obvious issues with the address she gave.

First, I've never seen a house/building number starting with 0 in Belgium.

Also, the zip code 7968 doesn't exist. And the first two numbers of that zip code would pinpoint to a town/city located in Hainaut, which isn't the case of any of the towns called Verlaine : one is located near Liège, the two others are in Belgian Luxembourg.

Also, something else bugs me. Those three towns are quite small and someone not local wouldn't just come up with that name. She has to have lived near one of those towns at some point in her life. And the fact she tried to call two different Belgian numbers points to this. Fyi, the numbers she tried to call were landline phone numbers linked to Jemeppe, which lies near Liège.

With all of that in mind, I think she must have lived in the general vicinity of Liège. And she could have had something to do with some kind of criminal organisation. That would explain why she was abroad and why she had given a fake name and an address that doesn't exist.

Is there anything in Jemeppe that catches your interest, Tristana?

Also, I do not think the mark before 148 is a 0. It almost seems to indicate which lines to fill out? There is a similar mark on each line, including those she left blank, such as passport. The loops look like her writing, or I might have thought the person at the desk handed it to Jennifer with those marks in place.

Is there anything in Jemeppe that catches your interest, Tristana?

It used to be part of the big industrialised area we had in Belgium and Northern France in the late 1800's, before it became too expensive to exploit coal and metals in Europe. Most of the houses are former working class homes and the soil is heavily polluted. Because of that, it's a town where most people are quite poor and where a lot of shady things is going on in back alleys.

NINTCHDBPICT000614914346.jpg

So this is the mystery woman, we know as Jennifer Fairgate?

Odd, can't remember, that I never saw a picture of her, only one as she was deceased and a draw sketch.
Unsolved Mysteries fans rage at big oversight in missing Jennifer Fairgate case

NINTCHDBPICT000614914346.jpg

So this is the mystery woman, we know as Jennifer Fairgate?

Odd, can't remember, that I never saw a picture of her, only one as she was deceased and a draw sketch.
Unsolved Mysteries fans rage at big oversight in missing Jennifer Fairgate case
Wow, they actually used a picture of Camilla Steinaa in the article (and probably thought it was a pic of Jennifer? So much for research..).

Camilla's WS thread:
Denmark - Camilla Steinaa, 25, North Zealand, 1 January 1987

Good grief.

Well....maybe it will benefit Camilla's case somehow? Understanding with the height/age difference they are probably not the same person, it is possible someone might recognize Camilla.

Unfortunately until Norway changes their insane DNA privacy laws it will be impossible to get her identified through newer familial DNA identification methods. Also Oslo police are not going to go back on the suicide determination. Less paperwork. No one should be surprised, cops here in the US do the exact same thing. Cold case work takes away money and manpower needed for newer solvable cases. I really don't see this case ever being solved unless by some miracle a family member back in Germany sees her picture somehow and contacts authorities. My personal theory is that she was more than likely born in 1971 as a "child of the Stasi" in the GDR (Communist East Germany) I surmise there is a chance she could have been either connected to a post Cold War criminal organization (drugs, prostitution) or some pro PLO (Palestinian Liberation Organization) as the PLO were in Oslo Accord meetings with the Israelis when she died. Something like Black September keeps ringing in my brain. Even though they ended in 1988 several East Germans were key members in that famous anti-Israeli group notorious for the horrible "1972 Munich Massacre" at the Summer Olympics.
So on that note, she could have been taken out by Israeli Mossad, or even her own people for unknown reasons. The fact that the gun in her hand was an untraceable "throwaway" hybrid weapon to me points to an organization being involved. Also the scene was likely staged to look like a despondent woman killed herself over a lover. The men's cologne bottle next to her last meal plate screams that to me.

Last edited:
I ran Jennifer Fairgrate through Artbreeder using all known images of her to produce some new composite images; I played around with her hair colour (as it was likely dyed black), tried some new hairstyles on (since I personally believe she was most likely a spy) and have some results if this would help at all:

Black hair
jenniferfairgateRAW.jpg

jenniferfairgateFRONT.jpg

Brown hair
jenniferfairgateBRUNETTE.jpg

jenniferfairgateFRONTBRUNETTE.jpg

Dear friends,

so far we have always paid the costs for our work on the case (travel costs, creation of Kripos-compliant DNA profiles, travel costs, requests for official documents etc.) out of our own pockets.

But we too, especially in times of Covid-19, are now reaching our financial limits.

We have therefore decided to start a fundraising campaign on to support our work.

I would therefore be grateful if you could make this campaign known to a wide audience in the USA and Canada and share the link to our campaign. Here in the forum, in other forums, on Facebook or wherever...

If you want to donate something yourself, we should of course also be very welcome ;)

Thanks for your support!

You can find the campaign here:

Dear friends,

so far we have always paid the costs for our work on the case (travel costs, creation of Kripos-compliant DNA profiles, travel costs, requests for official documents etc.) out of our own pockets.

But we too, especially in times of Covid-19, are now reaching our financial limits.

We have therefore decided to start a fundraising campaign on ******** to support our work.

I would therefore be grateful if you could make this campaign known to a wide audience in the USA and Canada and share the link to our campaign. Here in the forum, in other forums, on Facebook or wherever...

If you want to donate something yourself, we should of course also be very welcome ;)

Thanks for your support!

You can find the campaign here:

Donated, great work @OliverCromwell . Wonder if this could be shared by the site owners, maybe @Tricia ; in their podcast? Hopefully donations can help discover the identity of Jennifer, and ensure her family knows what happened to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle