Norwegian co. makes women wear red bracelets at period time

I'm getting more skeptical by the hour. I've looked through well over 100 sites with screaming headlines about this. NOT ONE of the sites is from Norway itself. ALL sites cite the same Daily Mail article. Even that article neglects to mention the actual company and instead cites a supposed reference in a union document.

Now I can imagine one, creepy boss implementing such a policy for sadistic purposes, but I don't see it catching on. It doesn't even make any sense. Why just bracelets for menstruation? What about IBS and similar maladies? What about people who have an extra cup of coffee in the a.m.?

It may be true that Norwegian companies are increasingly obsesses with "productivity." Lord knows American companies do plenty of stupid things to that end.

But this report sounds to me like something a couple guys got to joking about and then somebody got the idea to fake a news report...

I am totally asking hubby's bosses mother about this tomorrow.

I'm getting more skeptical by the hour. I've looked through well over 100 sites with screaming headlines about this. NOT ONE of the sites is from Norway itself. ALL sites cite the same Daily Mail article. Even that article neglects to mention the actual company and instead cites a supposed reference in a union document.

Now I can imagine one, creepy boss implementing such a policy for sadistic purposes, but I don't see it catching on. It doesn't even make any sense. Why just bracelets for menstruation? What about IBS and similar maladies? What about people who have an extra cup of coffee in the a.m.?

It may be true that Norwegian companies are increasingly obsesses with "productivity." Lord knows American companies do plenty of stupid things to that end.

But this report sounds to me like something a couple guys got to joking about and then somebody got the idea to fake a news report...

I agree Nova. I've been looking for confirmation everywhere. It's odd that nowhere can I even find the city where this company is in Norway. It kind of stinks of the whole "should I abort my baby" bogus poll from a couple weeks ago.

Ummmm....When people give you "thank yous" for a post like that I'm....Umm not exactly sure how to take it? :waitasec::crazy:

Just be happy sweetness that all of us with red, red and gray bracelets do not know where you live. Your lil fingers my be sore by the time we got through with you and your 400 page apology. :dance:

You do keep us on out toes SD. You are a HOOT!

Just be happy sweetness that all of us with red, red and gray bracelets do not know where you live. Your lil fingers my be sore by the time we got through with you and your 400 page apology. :dance:

You do keep us on out toes SD. You are a HOOT!

BBM

I got into a fight over the phone with my sister a few weeks ago and she's going through menopause. Hmmmmmm.

BBM

I got into a fight over the phone with my sister a few weeks ago and she's going through menopause. Hmmmmmm.

Talk softly, just keep saying yes you are right. We menopause ladies are extremely cranky. Just try to imagine 3-4 gallons of water pouring from your body and being really,really cranky on top of that. Not a pretty sight. So red in the face you look like you have jogged for 5 miles. I hope she is not close to you. You could be in danger!!!!! If you are close there is one fix for this problem. It is chocolate...lots and lots of chocolate. A huge fan does not hurt either. Just make sure it has a hurricane setting on it. Never complain of being cold. Sit and take it like a man. I am sure some of our other menopause ladies can offer advice. :angel:

I'd like to add that yes, some women are greatly affected by hormonal changes before menstruation. But men have just as many "moods", are at least as likely to be cranky, and, as we all know, are statistically much more likely to resort to violence.

I know most of the posts here are just for fun between friends. And there's nothing wrong with that.

But as a society as a whole, I think it's time we dropped the subject of female "erratic behavior" at certain times of the month.

In my experience, women--be they pre-, during or post-menstrual--are no more likely to be difficult than your average man on any given day.

There. I know most, if not all, posters here will agree with me, but I thought it needed to be said.

Call me "politically correct" if you like. Nonetheless, I think this is the truth of the matter.

Talk softly, just keep saying yes you are right. We menopause ladies are extremely cranky. Just try to imagine 3-4 gallons of water pouring from your body and being really,really cranky on top of that. Not a pretty sight. So red in the face you look like you have jogged for 5 miles. I hope she is not close to you. You could be in danger!!!!! If you are close there is one fix for this problem. It is chocolate...lots and lots of chocolate. A huge fan does not hurt either. Just make sure it has a hurricane setting on it. Never complain of being cold. Sit and take it like a man. I am sure some of our other menopause ladies can offer advice. :angel:

She's over 300 miles away and it's my BIL that has to deal with her doo-doo daily.

I'd like to add that yes, some women are greatly affected by hormonal changes before menstruation. But men have just as many "moods", are at least as likely to be cranky, and, as we all know, are statistically much more likely to resort to violence.

I know most of the posts here are just for fun between friends. And there's nothing wrong with that.

But as a society as a whole, I think it's time we dropped the subject of female "erratic behavior" at certain times of the month.

In my experience, women--be they pre-, during or post-menstrual--are no more likely to be difficult than your average man on any given day.

There. I know most, if not all, posters here will agree with me, but I thought it needed to be said.

Call me "politically correct" if you like. Nonetheless, I think this is the truth of the matter.

STOP RUINING MY FUN!!! :snooty:

Sorry I am not politically correct. I was joking with Steely and I think he understands where I am coming from. It always shocks me anymore how people cannot just laugh and have some fun. I was poking fun at myself not anyone else. I am sorry if I offended anyone. I was being like KC it is all about ME...ME...ME! lol

Well LMAO!! I sure did open an interesting can of worms here didn't I. SteelyDan, you might be a bit cranky if you had cramps,bloating and a sore chest too. Just sayin'. Oh yes a lest we forget having to put your feet in those sturups. Fun,Fun,Fun!!!

Well LMAO!! I sure did open an interesting can of worms here didn't I. SteelyDan, you might be a bit cranky if you had cramps,bloating and a sore chest too. Just sayin'. Oh yes a lest we forget having to put your feet in those sturups. Fun,Fun,Fun!!!

lol That is OK honey! We all need to let it go at times. SD is the best one to pick at since he picks back. When you typed the "S" word I had flashbacks...aaarrrrgggghhhhhh We need to all chip in and send him some just for jollies. :dance: True or not this has been an interesting thread. lol

lol That is OK honey! We all need to let it go at times. SD is the best one to pick at since he picks back. When you typed the "S" word I had flashbacks...aaarrrrgggghhhhhh We need to all chip in and send him some just for jollies. :dance: True or not this has been an interesting thread. lol

:snooty::innocent::angel:

:crazy:

Steely Dan:snooty::innocent::angel:

Halo and wings???? ooh please...your closet consist of horns and pointed tails. ;)

Sorry I am not politically correct. I was joking with Steely and I think he understands where I am coming from. It always shocks me anymore how people cannot just laugh and have some fun. I was poking fun at myself not anyone else. I am sorry if I offended anyone. I was being like KC it is all about ME...ME...ME! lol

Did I not make it clear that I see nothing wrong with the kidding that is going on here? I think everyone who has posted in this thread is in on the joke and there's no harm in that.

However, I also wanted to make a comment about the corresponding cultural myth, because it gets repeated quite often in contexts where it is not a joke.

But not here. As funny as his posts have been, I don't for a moment believe Steely Dan really thinks PMS is a significant social problem (bathroom break-wise or otherwise).

For the record, I'm a man and I admit to having plenty of cranky days, even without bloating or cramps. So there!

Did I not make it clear that I see nothing wrong with the kidding that is going on here? I think everyone who has posted in this thread is in on the joke and there's no harm in that.

However, I also wanted to make a comment about the corresponding cultural myth, because it gets repeated quite often in contexts where it is not a joke.

But not here. As funny as his posts have been, I don't for a moment believe Steely Dan really thinks PMS is a significant social problem (bathroom break-wise or otherwise).

Sorry if I offended you but I don't know any women who's PMS is so bad, but I know they exist. I have however lived with women soooooo..... :truce:

This thread is so funny. lollolollol!
Those Swedes with their darn jokes are at it again! :truce:

I betcha he'd get it if he had to be around me the 2 whole weeks before my period. (PMDD here, not PMS)

It's deadly serious, but you have to laugh at it and yourself sometimes. Had I have read it post -ovulation I would have reached into the computer to rip his head off. No red bracelets needed here!

Back to the main topic, it's not far off what I know our biggest telecommunications company does here in Oz. It's a call centre and if the employee is pregnant they need a note from their doctor stating exactly how many toilet breaks are required per day. Their bathroom breaks are noted and if you go over the amount specified by your doc you're fired....And somehow that is legal!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back