Notifying Other Government Entities - From Sheriff at Presser, Sept.15/10

I have honestly become tuned out to the press conferences and do not even listen to them. I can read enough here to figure out what they (haven't) said. If there is real news, it will be here, or on the news sites. I've never been into the double-speak of offcials, politicians, etc. Nothing to be gleaned there, at least not for me.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Clackamas-man-arrested-for-child-*advertiser censored*-103641464.html
i don't know if this is related to the investigation but the 7/14 date seems about right.

Schmerty, here's what it means to me.

In the beginning of the investigation, investigators had to do a 360-degree look at every possibility. As the investigation went on, it became evident that they could exclude many possibilities, which narrowed their focus. As the Sheriff said, some things that they suspected early on, they no longer suspect.

The focus of the investigation has narrowed to the single possibility, the single suspect, and I believe that they have a lot of evidence against that person. That person most likely tried to cover her tracks very well, so it's taking time to unravel the case, to deconstruct exactly what happened.

They aren't as much in the evidence gathering phase anymore, as far as gathering huge volumes of disparate tips and such, and are focused on the most plausible explanation for Kyron's disappearance.

So now they don't need the huge body of investigators that they had before, because they are more focused and the picture of what happened to Kyron has become clearer.

It's like writing a thesis. In the beginning, you gather reams of info, research it all, make notes, and exclude the things that have nothing to do with the topic. Then you move into the writing phase, where you begin to compile the research into a thesis that explains the topic. It takes laser-like focus to write a thesis. Research, not so much.

I believe that investigators are in the process of "constructing the thesis" now. And it doesn't take 25 investigators to do this. I'm sure if some new details come in, then they will look into them. But I believe that investigators have a good body of evidence and a clear idea of what happened to Kyron... they're in the process now of constructing an unimpeachable case.

My opinion.

Hi Puf! I agree with what you are saying about LE not needing the same amount of manpower when allot has been ruled out, narrowed down, and the focus refined to a very specific person and as you said now just needing to unravel the rest of the covered tracks. I get that and believe that was said in a round about way and took a small amt of time to relay even in their "round about way" so why the BS talk for the remainder of the PC?
All the crap that when looked at amounts to absolutely nothing! All the crappy innuendos and hugely, broad generalizations? Just seems like nonsense that is totally irrelevant and not a reason in the world for them to spend time cryptically relaying info that seems to be irrelevant and of no meaning to the media/public and even if it was of importance we would have no clue because it was given in such OVERLY vague statements..

That is what has me disgusted and overly frustrated...

http://www.kgw.com/news/Clackamas-man-arrested-for-child-*advertiser censored*-103641464.html
i don't know if this is related to the investigation but the 7/14 date seems about right.

Thanks chairdancer! Very very disturbing even if not directly involved. Quite dispicable to see that our school bus drivers that we trust our children with day after day and year after year and we find that they are the very ones "moving" this child *advertiser censored*, encouraging child sexual abuse!!!!

What I found also interesting is that it was the Missing and Exploited Children org that discovered this man's internet activity and were the ones that brought it to the attn of LE which led to the charges and arrest of this man..
So am I to understand that the Missing and Exploited Children org on top of all the other good that we know that they are responsible for in getting the word out about the many missing children among a multitude of other proactives where children are concerned, that they too are actively investigating THOROUGHLY[i MIGHT ADD]ppl that are not even on LE radar for child *advertiser censored*/sex predator? I would think that would be an extreme amount of man hours put into that task alone. I was not aware of this org being this involved in this facet of proactives for our children. It makes my respect for this org grow by leaps and bounds above an already huge amt of respect I'd already had for them...

Thanks chairdancer! Very very disturbing even if not directly involved. Quite dispicable to see that our school bus drivers that we trust our children with day after day and year after year and we find that they are the very ones "moving" this child *advertiser censored*, encouraging child sexual abuse!!!!

What I found also interesting is that it was the Missing and Exploited Children org that discovered this man's internet activity and were the ones that brought it to the attn of LE which led to the charges and arrest of this man..
So am I to understand that the Missing and Exploited Children org on top of all the other good that we know that they are responsible for in getting the word out about the many missing children among a multitude of other proactives where children are concerned, that they too are actively investigating THOROUGHLY[i MIGHT ADD]ppl that are not even on LE radar for child *advertiser censored*/sex predator? I would think that would be an extreme amount of man hours put into that task alone. I was not aware of this org being this involved in this facet of proactives for our children. It makes my respect for this org grow by leaps and bounds above an already huge amt of respect I'd already had for them...

NCMEC runs the FBI's Cyber Tipline. It's who I contact whenever I find child *advertiser censored* related stuff on the net. They're wonderful.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PageServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=2936

I posted this link the other day, but I think it's worth a repeat. It's a GAO study from 2002. The purpose of the study was to evaluate the coordination of efforts among various agencies in fighting *advertiser censored* and suggest improvements. If nothing else, take a look at document pp.9-10 (pdf pp.13-14) for info on the NSMEC.

http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d03272.pdf

I agree. In fact, it sounds a lot like a budget talk.
It was an odd statement the first time I heard it and it is an odd statement now that I read it. The way he phrases it, the post-study of the investigation that they do routinely doesn't seem to have anything to do with whether or not this is a serial crime or not so I'm not sure why he brings it up here. I'm tempted to think he went on about it simply because he wanted to change the subject from the reasons that they thought this wasn't serial.

This is the sentence that interests me:

And this is something that once that's complete — the public will be actively involved, obviously your paper will be actively involved in that — that information needs to go out because if there are concerns, I think we as a community, our public officials need to start making adjustments internally to protect our children.

I'm wondering whether this means that they found sex offenders working at Skyline School in particular. "Making adjustments internally" certainly can't refer to the possiblilty that Kyron was taken by a family member. I'd be very interested to know if everyone who worked at Skyline last year- teachers, paraprofessionals, maintenance staff, cafeteria personnel- has returned to work there this year. In the course of the investigation, LE might have found such people, possibly ruled them out in Kyron's case, but were still alarmed by the fact that they were working with children.

it has been reported here by other members without links that some school staff have not returned.

Yes, and I remember a rumor friom very early on that there was someone who had never returned to the school after June 4. I don't know how we would find out such a thing unless a helpful local came to the board and told us. Unfortunately, if one of the lunchroom ladies or the assistant hedgetrimmer left to care for an elderly parent or to move to Sheboygan, we would be speculating about totally innocent and uninvolved people. So I think I am willing to wait to hear what the Sheriff was talking about.

This is the sentence that interests me:

I'm wondering whether this means that they found sex offenders working at Skyline School in particular. "Making adjustments internally" certainly can't refer to the possiblilty that Kyron was taken by a family member. I'd be very interested to know if everyone who worked at Skyline last year- teachers, paraprofessionals, maintenance staff, cafeteria personnel- has returned to work there this year. In the course of the investigation, LE might have found such people, possibly ruled them out in Kyron's case, but were still alarmed by the fact that they were working with children.

But, if LE had found out that some RSO's were working at Skyline, that would be big news IMO... I think we would know ?

All JMO

But, if LE had found out that some RSO's were working at Skyline, that would be big news IMO... I think we would know ?

All JMO

You're right- they've told us everything all along, why wouldn't they tell us this?;)

Abbreviated and BBM. This is really bugging me. Why did he single out Fairview and Troutdale PDs when listing the agencies involved in the task force? (Portland PD seems obvious to me, as the abduction would have occurred within Portland city limits.) There are several townships within Multnomah County, so maybe he's just tapping resources from all of them, but if that's the case, why not mention the others? Gresham, for example, which is quite a bit larger. Or is there some other reason he singled these out? They are quite far away from the Skyline area. I've searched around on Websleuths looking for answers or suggestions but haven't found them (perhaps I've overlooked it, though!). :waitasec: What are your thoughts?

Dunno :waitasec: It has always puzzled me.

I know there are a more than a few Oregonians and people familiar with this area here ... Those two towns don't "belong" in this list. It is very interesting.

I thought Fairview and Troutdale were components of a sex crimes task unit for the greater Portland area.

You're right- they've told us everything all along, why wouldn't they tell us this?;)

No, I meant it would be a violation for any RSO to work in a school.Wouldn't they would be in court ? It would be public knowledge in Portland. Thus, we would know.... If a SO was responsible for taking Kyron, I've thought for a while it would be someone unknown to LE. Under the radar, IMO.... And, why on earth would LE tell those Skyline parents it was an isolated case ?

All JMO

Hi Puf! I agree with what you are saying about LE not needing the same amount of manpower when allot has been ruled out, narrowed down, and the focus refined to a very specific person and as you said now just needing to unravel the rest of the covered tracks. I get that and believe that was said in a round about way and took a small amt of time to relay even in their "round about way" so why the BS talk for the remainder of the PC?
All the crap that when looked at amounts to absolutely nothing! All the crappy innuendos and hugely, broad generalizations? Just seems like nonsense that is totally irrelevant and not a reason in the world for them to spend time cryptically relaying info that seems to be irrelevant and of no meaning to the media/public and even if it was of importance we would have no clue because it was given in such OVERLY vague statements..

That is what has me disgusted and overly frustrated...

It frustrates me to no end also. I have spent so much time thinking about what it could mean. Maybe they are trying to frustrate the perpetrator? Maybe this cryptic stuff would mean something more specific to the perp? Otherwise I just don't understand the non information.

IDK...I just find in these kinds of cases, they do tell you things...but you have to read between the lines. The only way you know that you read between those pesty/cryptic lines is after the case is over.

Yes, I do believe they play with the perp, but that is why I believe you have to read between the lines to develop an opinion of what or where they are going with these kind of cases. It's hard; I have been wrong, right & on that darn fence (I would bet equally). You don't know for sure until there is an arrest and look back over what LE said. :banghead:

ETA - We are here IMO, because we care about missing persons cases, not if we are right or wrong...but if you are an analytical person at some point you develop an opinion following the case as a rule even if your on the fence that counts too IMO. The most painful for me is when I am on the fence...not in this case, but boy, I have been there & it is harder IMO. Not suggesting anyone hop-off at all, nobody can make you do that...I am just acknowledging when I was there is all it was so hard on those cases as your brain scrambles trying to figure it all out. No matter what my opinion is; I always listen & follow LE and am prepared to change my line of thinking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back