Now I've seen everything...

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by SaguaroSpirit, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I think this is wrong, but the Danish thing is Wrong.

upload_2021-4-2_13-13-50.jpeg

Happy Easter, all, and if you're offended just scroll & roll, please!

jmho ymmv lrr

2. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

Okay explain this to me please.

First, the new Georgia voting laws gives more early voting days, and more drop boxes than before, and even voting on Saturdays. Then even allow an absentee voter to just put the last four digits of their SS or to write down their driver's license number on the form if they are requesting an absentee ballot.

Honestly, does anyone know anyone who doesn't have an photo ID or can't get one? I don't.

Imo, not one who has cried about these voting laws has read it. They couldn't have. No wonder the WP gave JB four pinocchios!!!!

So the MLB, and businesses caved to the woke crowd yet if anyone buys MLB tickets online or over the phone in order to be able to pick them up (wait for it) yep they MUST show a picture ID to do so.

NY wanted the all star games to be moved there yet they have much more restrictive voting laws than Georgia.

Just look how restrictive voting laws are in Delaware, the homestate of the most powerful man in the world for now.

So they have decided to punish Atlanta citizens which has many more minority residents (over 53 percent iirc) and many minority own businesses in it, and they decided it was a good idea to move it to Colorado where the majority of the population, and businesses own are white???

So they decided to punish minorities who are in the majority in Atlanta, and moved it to CO where the majority population by over 70 percent are white?

Thud!!!

It reeks of hypocrisy again, and it downright
    doesn't make one ounce of common sense either.

Jmho

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    abr, neesaki, GatorFL and 10 others like this.
  3. Marg from Oz

Marg from Oz Well-Known Member

Crazy! I wonder how many votes there will be compared to registered voters.

neesaki, Filly, Laughing and 6 others like this.
  4. oceanblueeyes

It is crazy. CO also requires voter ID.

And the city it's being moved to only has a little over 9 percent AAs there.

It's the most insane decision made to date. I'm sure soon something will come out that is even more nonsensical, and hurtful to our citizens.

In the end what they have done is take away the majority in the Atlanta area (AA) the capability to make money on the All Star Games, and gave it to a city that only has a little over nine percent AAs in it???

In the last election in Georgia more AAs voted than any other time. So they certainly aren't being oppressed like is being falsely claimed.

So the Democrat politicians from Georgia has greatly harmed their own state by going along with this false narrative with the AA owned businesses being hurt the most.

Does anyone ever wonder if Georgia is so bad to AA then why do millions of AAs choose to live in Georgia.

This area of Georgia is predominantly AAs. Yet this is who JB, and the woke crowd targeted thinking they deserve to be financially hurt the most???

But instead the MLB decides it's a great idea to give over 100 million or more to a city predominantly filled with whites, and very little minorities?

Like I said, explain the logic in this decision for it's the most illogical decision I've seen made to date.

I do know foolish decisions like this is another way to divide our country.

Maybe that is the real reason it was done for it certainly isn't unifying us as JB promised he would do. It's the total opposite.

But I'm open minded if anyone can explain it to me.

Jmho

abr, Yellow Rose, Filly and 6 others like this.
  5. Marg from Oz

There must be something in it for someone, why else want to change everything.

abr, neesaki, Filly and 7 others like this.
  6. oceanblueeyes

I just can't come up with a logical reason for doing this.

It does show how quickly false narratives travel especially when it comes out of the mouth of our president.

When the Washington Post gave him four pinocchios about what he said it's huge for they are a very left wing newspaper!

Jmho

abr, Filly, Laughing and 9 others like this.
  7. oceanblueeyes

Oh, and the new Georgia voting laws did away with signature verification completely.

CO has signature verification in place.

Jmho

abr, neesaki, Filly and 6 others like this.
  8. lonetraveler

lonetraveler Crime Addict

I agree with all of you that this decision is totally ludicrous. I'm still trying to figure out what the "voter suppression" is that they keep harping on. I simply can't find it in the bill. Now if an armed person was standing there to intimidate the voters into not voting like what happened during the election for Obama, when the Black Panther group showed up at the polls, then I would call it "voter suppression". I just haven't seen it.
    https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr...ing-site/RK=2/RS=UtS3mH8ZBgquoR9u8rg_mmYbd.8-

9. oceanblueeyes

Hello Lonetraveler!

Ita!

I remember that happening. :(

Wth are they thinking? I truly don't know, but taking millions away from Georgia is only going to hurt Warnock, and Ossoff because it's the democrats leading this ridiculous decision.

So they've been in office only a few months, and already their party has cost Georgians so much, and for what?

Why punish the minority business owners in this area, and all of those who work lower paying jobs like waitresses, bartenders, maids and all of those who work in the hotel/motel industry who were depending on this big event. They are the ones who've already been struggling during the pandemic.

Yet the Democrat party thinks it's the right thing to do to make it even harder for them by further crushing them in the ground financially?

Everyone living or working in this area knows what a big revenue event the All Star games are for that area.

CO says the event will bring in almost 200 million.

One of our daughters, and family lives, and works in the Atlanta area. She knows several business owners there. Many are minority owners. It's not only the event itself, but business owners in this area bring in a great deal of money in all the various type of stores there. Visitors will flock to them in order to buy very unique items. One we've gone to has a fabulous handbag shop. Another is a jewelry store with a huge floor room who has the most exquisite jewelry pieces imaginable, and they are very well known for their prices which is well below jewelry chains in the same area.

Our daughter said the business owners she's spoken with are angry they are being punished when the Georgia voting law is inline with many states, and even far fairer than some.

If they would spend as much time making sure all voters have valid IDs as they do not wanting them to show any... then they would be far more productive.

Imo, it must be very offensive to AAs, and other minorities too for the Democrats are implying that only minorities aren't smart enough to get a simple easy ID which is absolutely not true.

If I was a minority, I would be insulted, and livid. Many I know who are intelligent are minorities so why the need to talk down to them as if they aren't smart enough to even obtain an ID? I just don't understand any of it.

One of my AA friends is 85, and she still drives up from Florida to visit us, and her family here. Her DL is still current, and she said she's voted ever since she was 20.

Like I said, I wish the media would actually find some of these mysterious people who absolutely can't find any way to get a photo ID and do countless interviews. According to the Democrats it must be in the millions.

It does make me wonder what they are afraid of when they protest too much about this one subject of voter photo ID when it's such a easy solution no matter who it is.

I would gladly help anyone to get one if they didn't have a photo ID, and I'm not alone.

Jmho

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  10. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

One of the issues could be Covid related? DMV was closed for many months and the lines wrap around outside the building exterior now. If your DL or ID card expired- you have to go in person to the DMV.

Those who could not go (disabled, Covid, family out of state, etc) - their cards expired and they are unable to get new ones now.
    They are not physically able to make that trek although they are mentally able to vote and desire to do so.

11. Marg from Oz

If there is problems with expired licences why don't they just extend the time on the old one's? That can't be too hard. Just until COVID is dead and buried.

abr, Filly, Laughing and 6 others like this.
  12. oceanblueeyes

You can renew your driver's license online in Georgia. I'm sure you can in many other state's as well.

Hopefully before the next election the pandemic will be long gone. We are already seeing hope of that now.

Imoo

abr, Filly, Laughing and 5 others like this.
  13. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

Unfortunately GA state ID cards can only be issued in person. I tried to help two family members who need a state ID and it can not be done online the first time. Neither one is able to drive now, so they will need state ID cards.
    Over 64 requires a vision test or a eye exam form submitted.
    I was so preoccupied that I didn’t think to check the expiration dates on their DL but since they weren’t driving, it slipped my mind. I’m not as sharp as I was pre-pandemic!

14. watcher9

watcher9 Well-Known Member

I found this site which gives several options on how to get a GA state ID card which may be of help to you.

Voter ID

15. oceanblueeyes

Morning all!

Well thanks to the president, and his party's decision to pick on Georgia because of its voting laws it has assured Georgia will once again turn blood red in the next election. Imo.

One of the reason Warnock, and Ossoff won was because those in rural areas which are heavily Republican did not come out, and vote like they usually do. In the next election they will turnout in droves because covid will be gone or very manageable by 2022.

All Georgians, no matter their race... will not forget being targeted, and vilified over its voting laws that are inline with many other states, and even fairer than other states.

The minorities like AA, and Hispanic in Georgia knows they passed all previous voting records when voting in the last election. So millions of them had voter IDs showing it isnt hard for them to obtain one.

They will be outraged they lost millions they badly needed, thanks to the president, and his party.

Let's see if JB travels to Atlanta again getting a warm welcome. Imo, he won't because how can he look into the eyes of all these citizens there when he's made it painfully obvious he just doesn't care about them nor has any intentions of unifying our country. From the get go hes continued to divided our nation.

It isn't a coincidence he targeted a red southern state instead of blue states who requires Voter IDs, and has much more restrictive voting laws.

This is a perfect example of it. Even the MSM knows this unfair attack on Georgia was built on another false narrative getting JB four pinocchios from the WP.

Georgians will not forget what JB ,and his party have done.

Their message will be loud, and crystal clear during the next election, and the next one in 2024. They aren't just going to laydown, and tolerate the unfounded abuse, mark my words as a Georgian who has lived here all my life..

Jmho

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  16. Ajaygee11

Ajaygee11 Semi Retired / Rally Driver / Very Amateur Slueth

I can’t believe this thing about Voter ID in this day and age. It’s the same thing here in Australia. Turn up to any Local, State or Federal Election. They ask your name and where you live and that is it, they hand you the Ballot Papers. We have a Federal Election Commission that coordinates all elections and does the count with scrutineers from each party at each Voting Centre. You guys really need to have that because a lot of the states are doing a poor job at Federal Elections. Also why those of us who do have a Passport & Drivers Licence & Credit Card can’t Vote Online is beyond me :eek:

neesaki, Filly, Flicka1 and 3 others like this.
  17. Kel_kel

Kel_kel New Member

liberal media and their brainwashed liberal drones who can't think for themselves

abr, neesaki, Marg from Oz and 6 others like this.
  18. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

They've used the Covid "excuse". In PA you can also go online to renew. I chose to stand outside in a line for two hours. Sadly many of the elderly can't see let alone own a computer.

You need a license to buy alcohol. You need a license now in some places to purchase cigarettes. You go to a Doctor or hospital you better have State ID.

Indeed they have it figured out, and the media is in on it, and all the sheeple will follow.

It's just going to get worse.

abr, neesaki, watcher9 and 5 others like this.
  19. oceanblueeyes

The MSM has even said they put out propaganda, and yet it seems acceptable for them to try to brainwash viewers. WTH? That is exactly what China, and Russia does.

It truly is insulting, and I would be offend that anyone thought I was mentally incapable of getting a photo ID. We aren't in the dark ages like they like everyone to think.

My elderly AA dear friend thinks its offensive as if she's so stupid she can't figure out how to get one. She's in her 80s, and still has a current DL. She said if she becomes unable to drive she knows exactly how to get a photo ID for she said she's going to vote as long as she can.

Honestly it's degrading imo. We all have to use photo IDs in so many facets of our lives.

Again, I don't know of anyone who can't get one. I'm sure if anyone is having problems obtaining a photo ID there are many organizations, family, and friends who would gladly help them.

I wish they would bring these mysterious people forward in the media since the Democrats think they are in the millions evidently which is bunch of malarkey imo.

Oh, and it's rich they boycott our state yet forty other states are very much in line or more restrictive than Ga., including CO, which is predominately white in that area when Atlanta is majoritively AA. Many of those states are blue states Figure out that logic?

So they stiff the AAs in Atlanta and give the millions to white people they say they detest.

They've done so much harm in just a short amount of time, and they are just getting started in their lust for more and more power and control. They even want the federal government to rule over each state when states have always been over their own elections.

Jmho tho

abr, neesaki, Marg from Oz and 4 others like this.
  20. oceanblueeyes

I respectfully disagree it would work in our country.

Without an ID here we could have at least 11 million illegal immigrants voting. Some say the number could be as high as 20 million already here.

We also have a massive crisis at our southern border. It's worse than it's been in twenty years with no end in sight getting worse every day. They said over a million illegal immigrants would enter our country this year alone at the pace we are going.

And as the border patrol agents say that number are only the ones they apprehended. They say the gotaways..as they are called are in the many thousands, and will continue to grow.

So unless your beautiful country has to deal with the same crisis that is happening to us I don't see how your system would work here.

May I ask if you also have this many infiltrating into your country illegally like we are experiencing at our southern border?

Do you have open borders?

Also may I also ask how many citizens you have in total in your country?

Btw, one of my favorite shows I've ever watched was all Steve Irwin's shows. I still watch his reruns which is unusual for me, and I also watch The Irwins now. They bring me so much joy. :)

Jmho

abr, neesaki, Marg from Oz and 4 others like this.