NSW-Eeva Dorendahl-Hutchings(4)& Greg Hutchings(35)11 Jan 2014 Media/Maps/Timeline

Main Stream Media

31st January 2014
Gold Coast Bulletin 31st Jan 2014
Police say the cause of death for the bodies believed to be Greg Hutchings and Eeva Dorendahl is yet to be determined
Autopsies were conducted in Newcastle yesterday and a NSW Police spokeswoman said a cause of death was still to be determined.
She said police would not be releasing information about what was or was not found at the grisly scene, under a giant pandanus tree in scrubland between Pottsville and Hastings Point.
-----

SMH 31st Jan 2014
Greg Hutchings: Sympathy for the devil
A chaplain who has worked in our hardest jails said to me yesterday: "I've met the worst of the worst and come to the conclusion they're not much different to the best of the best. They just had different lives." "We can still lament," he said. "There is a place for breaking our hearts without judgments or solutions."

<modsnip>

Main Stream Media

3rd February 2014

My Daily News 3rd Feb 2014
Family mourns: Eeva’s father called a gentle, loving soul
THE Pottsville mother of a man found dead alongside his young daughter this week has spoken of her heartbreak.
"Greg was a loving, thoughtful, gentle soul.
"We've been contacted by dozens of old and new friends of Greg who all express what a beautiful man he was.
"Eeva just had the biggest, most incredible smile you've ever seen. Just so much life in her - so fun-loving."

DDN_01-02-2014_NEWS_03_Silhouette_fct657x495x196_t460.jpg

Greg Hutchings and daughter Eeva playing on the beach.

Main Stream Media

7th February 2014
7th Feb 2014 – Gold Coast Bulletin. Read More:
Funeral plans for Greg Hutchings and his daughter Eeva delayed as authorities struggle to identify their cause of death
The Pottsville grandmother said the funerals would be private.
Tweed Byron command crime manager detective Inspector Brendon Cullen said post-mortems examinations of the bodies were inconclusive and it could be "some months" before causes of death were identified.

picture.php

Main Stream Media

12th February 2014
Police unable to find cause of Eeva and Greg&#8217;s death
Northern Star 12th Feb 2014 - Read More:
TWEED police have been unable to find how Greg Hutchings and daughter Eeva Dorendahl-Hutchings died, but they still expect to release their bodies to family in the next couple of days.
A post mortem by a coroner on the father and his daughter has been completed, but due to the dire condition of the remains no concrete information on how they died has been found.

"At this stage no cause of death has been established due to the bodies being there for so long," Tweed Byron LAC Detective Superintendent Stuart Wilkins said.
"We're taking other steps to establish cause of death and we're going through the forensic process, keeping an open mind.

Repeat Article:
my Daily News. 12th Feb 2014 - Read More:

9-2186703-twe250114eeva2_fct994x604x28x58_t460.jpg

Main Stream Media

18th February 2014

GOLD COAST BULLETIN FEBRUARY 18, 2014 5:52AM
Murder-suicide suspected as bodies of Greg Hutchings and Eeva Dorendahl are released

Tweed-Byron police superintendent Stuart Wilkins said the bodies had been cleared for release to the families and funerals were expected to be held ‘in the neat future’.

But he said post-mortems had proven inconclusive and police were still trying to determine how Mr Hutchings and his daughter died.
While police believe it is unlikely a third party was involved, Supt Hutchings said investigators were ‘keeping all options open’.

“We’re looking at all avenues for the report to the Coroner,’’ he said.

Mr Hutchings mother, Diana, said she was concerned the bodies were being released prematurely before a ‘proper investigation’.

063032-454b3236-980c-11e3-a55d-f7cc6090b4d9.jpg

Eeva Dorendahl-Hutchings

Main Stream Media

18th Febuary 2014
18th Feb 2014 2:12 PM
Eeva and Greg released to family for funerals
FUNERAL services will be held soon for Eeva Dorendahl-Hutchings and her father Greg Hutchings.
Tweed police have released their bodies to family but do not know how the four-year-old and her 35-year-old dad died, News Limited reports.

55-2525304-twe290114eeva_t460.jpg

Eeva Dorendahl-Hutchings.

Main Stream Media

25th February 2014

My Daily News. Read More:
Private memorial planned for killed father and daughter
THE family of Greg Hutchings and his four-year-old daughter Eeva Dorendahl-Hutchings have begun planning a memorial service for the pair, found dead at Pottsville last month.
-----
Greg's Pottsville-based mum Diana Hutchings said it would be a private ceremony held locally, with a large turnout expected.
But Ms Hutchings denied media reports that the bodies had been released.
"I haven't had any questions answered," she said. "I haven't even been shown the crime scene, despite the police promise to take me there."
-----
PENDING
The coroner responsible for finding out how the pair died is yet to release a report.

DDN_22-02-2014_NEWS_03_TWE200214eeva1_fct1025x773x24_t460.jpg

HEARTBREAKING: A funeral is being planned for little Eeva Dorendahl-Hutchings, 4, and father Greg.

http://www.mydailynews.com.au/news/case-moved-to-sydney/2220350/

FAREWELLED: Eeva Dorendahl-Hutchings and father Greg Hutchings. FAREWELLED: Eeva Dorendahl-Hutchings and father Greg Hutchings.

TWEED police are finalising a report for the coroner on the tragic death of four-year-old Eeva Dorendahl-Hutchings and her father Greg Hutchings, whose bodies were found in sand dunes at Pottsville in January.

MSM updated news published 5th Apr 2014:
"Greg's mother, Diana Hutchings, from Pottsville, said she had been advised that due to the case's high profile,
the report will go to Sydney to be handled by New South Wales state coroner Michael Barnes."
"She said she had been told the toxicology and final post-mortem results were still months away."
"She was yet to receive word on when Greg's body would be released for burial."
"The Hutchings family recently staged a private memorial service"
www.northernstar.com.au/news/hutchings-case-goes-to-coroner/2220665/&#8206;

I was told on enquiry by
Karryn Gavenlock that this is a matter being managed by the NSW State Coroners office, who can be
contacted at :

Ph: 8584 7777
Glebe Coroners Court
44-46 Parramatta Rd,
GLEBE 2037

Unfortunately though, information is only available to related parties. If
you are a party to the proceedings, you should provide this qualification
and the specific information you are seeking to that office.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07
Back