Number of Posts per Page/PLEASE READ.

Discussion in 'Forum Finesse' started by Tricia, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator

Dear Websleuths Members and Visitors.

If you have never set your "Posts Per Page" to a specific number you will find that setting now at 15 posts per page.

There are two very good reasons to leave your Post Per Page count at 15:

1- It will decrease the time needed to load your pages significantly

2 - It will decrease the number of ads you see per page

This move will place the post counts to the way originally designed by VBulletin, while still allowing our loyal members to customize their own viewing experience.

If you are a member and you want to change your Post Per Page number rather than keep it on 15 you can click on the "settings" in the upper right hand corner of your page, scroll down and click on "general settings", scroll down and change the "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" or leave it at the forum default which is now 15.

Members who have already customized their Post Per Page number should not be affected.

Visitors you will now see your Posts Per Page at 15.

Only members are allowed to change their Post Per Page count.

Thank you,

Tricia

margarita25 likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Roselvr

Roselvr Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

Will there be a hack to change from 20 posts per page? I normally have 100. I'm following cases that have a huge history such as Buckskin Girl and Lyle. 100 posts per page allows me to easily search for key words using my browser find. Please tell me we're not going to be stuck at 20 per page.

KaaBoom, GarAndTeed and StarrChance like this.
  4. TDoc72

TDoc72 Member

I can’t find the settings or general setting button you are talking about. Please help. 15 posts per page means threads take forever to load and read, especially at work when I’m on lunch and we have no WiFi. Thanks!

KaaBoom and Bohemian like this.
  5. katsrfun

katsrfun Member

Hello, Thanks Tricia for the new format. It works great for me, except one small, probably incredibly stupid thing. I also can't find the "settings" button. It is not in the upper right hand corner, and I have looked everywhere I can think of. Could someone please help. Thanks very much to everyone, and a special thanks to who ever will answer my question. Katt

6. Roselvr

There is no option on a mobile device that I see like I did on my computer. All I have is alerts, inbox and my name on the top right . At least the old software let us switch to mobile or full site .

Edit - clicking my name gives me prefs but not seeing settings for posts per page on any device I have and the alerts pop up is annoying when editing a post. I really dislike the orange more every time I come. Sorry to sound ungrateful but I dislike it on all my devices. Especially no quote in the email notification

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  7. SouthernCutie

SouthernCutie Member

Does Tapatalk work at all anymore? I can log in through the web on mobile but not Tapatalk?

8. Roselvr

From what I saw a few weeks ago; tapatalk isn't needed and won't work

9. katsrfun

katsrfun Member

I am still hoping someone can answer my question about the number of posts you can view per page. I forgot to mention, I am on a PC, not a mobile device. Thanks again to anyone who knows the answer. Katt

10. Roselvr

Katt, click your name top right, posts per page is supposed to be under settings but I do not see it on any of my devices, took a screen shot of my computer options

Attached Files:

11. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native

If I understand correctly there is no longer a way to change posts per page. Tricia's post above is about the old software...note the date is 2015.

There is an active thread focusing on the new software if you have questions. HTH's

Welcome To Websleuths # 2

Roselvr, bears10 and dixiegirl1035 like this.
  12. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

ETA.. I'm trying to delete this post as I see I need to go elsewhere. But I can't figure out how to delete a post with this new software. Oh well.

On the upper right hand header I do not see the word settings. I only see my name, inbox, alerts.

On the left side I see home, forums, resources, members.

This is the same on both my phone and my computer.

Can anybody guide me through how to get there to find settings?

13. katsrfun

katsrfun Member

Hello, again. Me, as well. I have looked everywhere. Is there in fact a place where you can change the posts per page, or it no longer exists. I am very confused. I will settle for 15, if I must, but I much prefer more. It is much easier for me to navigate and do other things if I have it set higher.

Thanks to one and all who are also having issues with this, or found the answer. I thought I was crazy, not being able to find the settings button!!
    Katt

14. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native

No. There is no longer an option to change posts per page. See Tricia's post:

Welcome To Websleuths

dixiegirl1035 likes this.
  15. Roselvr

Never even saw the date! Lol

dixiegirl1035 and Jax49 like this.