Nursing home keeps spirits up with own pub

Discussion in 'News that makes you smile!' started by Casshew, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Casshew

Casshew Former Member

[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]A nursing home in Ireland has hit on a cheering way to keep up the spirits of its elderly patients -- by providing its own pub.[/font] [font=Verdana,Sans-serif]St Mary's Hospital in County Monaghan, near the Irish border with Northern Ireland, believes ready access to a good pint may help its patients -- average age 85 -- actually live longer.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]"We would say the whole social aspect of life does extend the years -- it means the patients aren't bored to death," Rose Mooney, assistant director of nursing told Reuters.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]The pub, which opens at 11 a.m. and closes at 9 p.m. and charges normal bar prices, had also led to an increase in the number of visitors, she said.
    [/font]

[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]http://reuters.myway.com/article/20051114/2005-11-14T181607Z_01_MO[/font]

2. Loading...

3. Amraann

Amraann Former Member

Well we all know where I am going to retire...

Do they have computers???

4. kgeaux

kgeaux New Member

I'll see you there, sweetie, and I'll bring along a couple of laptops just in case!

5. Gozgals

Gozgals New Member

Seems like a nice place to go visit now:)

Wonder if we will catch Colin Farrell runnin' around at pub time turning to snag the older women. I hear he has been trying to do that as of late. Gotta love those Irish boys!

But really, what wonderful addition to a nursing home. Why not let them have some fun during their elderly years, they do so deserve it.

[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]http://reuters.myway.com/article/20051114/2005-11-14T181607Z_01_MO[/font]

Gozgals:woohoo: :woohoo:

[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]
    [/font]

6. Opie

Opie Well-Known Member

These are my people. (but I am a disgrace to them, as I do not drink). lol