NV - 4 Murders in one week, LE asking for tips, Washoe & Douglas Counties, Jan 2019 *arrest*

I am also seeing conflicting information about the time of death for the Davids.

LE has not given a time of death, but stated they were “found at 4 pm”

Local media sources are saying “they were killed about 4 pm”. That would mean they would have been attacked in broad daylight. This gives a different feeling to the murders, the prior ones occuring under the cover of darkness.

I am also seeing conflicting information about the time of death for the Davids.

LE has not given a time of death, but stated they were “found at 4 pm”

Local media sources are saying “they were killed about 4 pm”. That would mean they would have been attacked in broad daylight. This gives a different feeling to the murders, the prior ones occuring under the cover of darkness.
The way the poor reporting has gone on the other cases, I'm going to guess the LE statement is correct and was twisted by the media without them even realizing they had changed the substance of the report. Sigh.

The Douglas country gun shops are seeing people lining up for guns

The local Sportsman’s Warehouses are sold out of bearspray

The Walmarts, Home Depots, & Lowe’s can’t keep with the demand for window locks and other such deterrents

The local “spyware” shops are selling out of home surveillance cameras.

I haven’t read up fully here but just wanted to note that I learned through research in Jayme Closs’ case that dual or multiple perps are often involved in home invasions.

But in this case (cases) police have stated they don´t believe robbery was the motive.
Very scary for everyone in the area!

eta: A man in custody in connection with the Reno murders!
Man in custody in connection with murder investigation

eta 2: Just saw someone posted this already. Let´s hope it´s solved quickly!

Last edited:
This updated report says the person in custody is believed to be connected to the murders. Implies stolen property connection, and something about the vehicle that was found.

News reports person taken into custody in Carson City

Here's the confusing reporting;
Original report of 10:55: Suspect in custody felt to be associated with the Reno murders
Update of 11.44: News reporting suspect is not related to Reno murders
Update of 01:06: Suspect and vehicle associated with Reno murders, LE will report further today.

LE has still not commenting about these events and the Ranchos murders.

Last edited:
These news reports are conflicting and confusing and causing more questions again. Once again the media is in such a rush to be first in reporting, they don't seem to care about the accuracy of what they report. ugghh!

I understand the need to LE to preserve their investigation but surely by now they know if the 4 murders are connected at least. They knew very quickly and released that info immediately with the Ranchos murders.

I also find it odd that the granddaughter was so upset when the Reno victims' names were disclosed. When RGJ leaked the story with their names, she wrote a long paragraph stating the person that leaked their names jeopardized the investigation and hurt their family, etc. So many questions about this one . . .

The most important information is probably to determine if the Ranchos and the Reno murders are done by the same perp(s) or not

I'm beginning to think they aren't. The arrest associated with the Reno murders is about stolen goods, but we were told previously DCSO did not believe robbery was a motive in the Ranchos murders

Interesting piece of information (BBM):

10:10 a.m. update: Carson City Sheriff Ken Furlong said the person in custody in connection with the Washoe and Douglas murder investigations was pulled over by deputies for an immigration issue Saturday night.

"It was a tactical arrest," Furlong said. He said that means it was a felony-type of arrest related to immigration.

He said during the arrest, the police car and the suspect's car collided in the parking lot at the Carson Mall.

He said details about the connection of the arrest and the murders in Washoe and Douglas counties will be part of the 1 p.m. press conference.

So someone was in the suspects car in the Carson Mall parking lot. So who did they arrest on Woodside Drive?

(they really need to straighten all this out)

Wilbur Ernesti Martinez-Guzman

LE in Carson City had him under surveillance for at least 3 days. He had been here for about 1 year and was in the US illegally.

No bail.

Young looking guy

Last edited:
Why 3 and not 4?

Is there a link to the PC (if it's still going on)? RGJ and KOLO don't have it that I can see.

ETA: now they have the news
ETAETA: aha good 4 counts!
Sorry, was trying to listen and type at the same time.

Sheriff Furlong really glossed over how long they had him under surveillance. Sheriff Balaam didn't respond to whether they got a tip from him pawning something

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back