NV - 59 Dead, over 500 injured in Mandalay Bay shooting in Las Vegas, 1 Oct 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 guns, platforms and cameras in the room, FOX news.

It seems totally bonkers. Hand guns I (reluctantly) understand for protecting yourself, hell I think I'd have to have one if I lived there knowing every other person did, but I can't see how these types of mass murder weapons can be justified for anything except a battlefield situation.

Anyway, it's not the time or the place. This particular incident is truly shocking, one of the biggest mass shootings anywhere in the world, ever.
The AR-15 is what the Second Amendment is all about. [video=youtube;evEg1VNfX3o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evEg1VNfX3o[/video]

Lots of conflicting reports, seeing tweets that LE have said she was not involved. Waiting for verification

ETA:

[video=twitter;914827617571868672]https://twitter.com/ABC7Larry/status/914827617571868672[/video]

Larry Smith‏Verified account @ABC7Larry 2m2 minutes ago
#Breaking news - ABC's Danya Bacchus reporting on @NewsChannel8 that police say person of interest - Marilou Danley - was NOT involved.

URGENT - Las Vegas Marilou Danley no longer person of interest

(CNN) -- A woman described as a "person of interest" after the Las Vegas Strip massacre overnight is not believed to be involved in the shooting, police said in a statement. "Marilou Danley is no longer being sought out as a person of interest," the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department said. "LVMPD detectives have made contact with her and do not believe she is involved with the shooting on the strip."

(Between DN in Abby's and Libby's case and now this, I've been here for 4 days straight I think, only to take a bathroom, food and sleep breaks... prob same with many of you guys...)

Lots of conflicting reports, seeing tweets that LE have said she was not involved. Waiting for verification

ETA:

[video=twitter;914827617571868672]https://twitter.com/ABC7Larry/status/914827617571868672[/video]

Larry Smith‏Verified account @ABC7Larry 2m2 minutes ago
#Breaking news - ABC's Danya Bacchus reporting on @NewsChannel8 that police say person of interest - Marilou Danley - was NOT involved.

URGENT - Las Vegas Marilou Danley no longer person of interest

(CNN) -- A woman described as a "person of interest" after the Las Vegas Strip massacre overnight is not believed to be involved in the shooting, police said in a statement. "Marilou Danley is no longer being sought out as a person of interest," the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department said. "LVMPD detectives have made contact with her and do not believe she is involved with the shooting on the strip."

ABC News just said she is not involved. Sounds like she wasn't even with him in Vegas.

If she isn’t involved then she wasn’t anywhere near the hotel room, or she would’ve seen him setting up the platforms, the guns, the ammo, etc. I’m curious what his criminal background is and why he was known to local police.

If she isn’t involved then she wasn’t anywhere near the hotel room, or she would’ve seen him setting up the platforms, the guns, the ammo, etc. I’m curious what his criminal background is and why he was known to local police.

Just heard undersheriff say there was no known history beyond a routine traffic fine. Mesquite sheriff said same

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

These witness interviews are heartbreaking. I can't imagine being in the middle of something like that.

(Between DN in Abby's and Libby's case and now this, I've been here for 4 days straight I think, only to take a couple bathroom, food and sleep breaks... prob same with many of you guys...)

...I was just going to ask you
don't you ever sleep??!
:grouphug:

Multipy trips to that room had to be made to get all those guns and other things in the room.

Shocking. Just shocking. No other words.

Suspect was dead when police arrived. FOX news

What are the platforms found in the shooters room? Are they meaning something used to steady the weapon?

Responding officers used an explosive device to force the door open into the room to shoot Paddock dead, law enforcement officials told Fox News.

Federal law enforcement sources told Fox News that Paddock "was known to local authorities," in Las Vegas. But police in Mesquite, where Paddock lived, said he never had any run-ins with officers, the Desert Valley Times reported.

Authorities also said they were "confident" Paddock's roommate, Marilou Danley, had been located. Officials previously described Danley as a person of interest.

The pair lived in a retirement community in Mesquite, about an hour northeast of Las Vegas.

Paddock apparently was the manager of the apartment complex -- which was set to be searched early Monday morning -- FOX 5 News reported.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/0...unman-stashed-weapons-in-room-police-say.html

Such a heartbreaking situation. We have great friends who were there last night, one of which we haven’t spoken to. I am praying she has a dead phone and can’t charge it. She got separated during the concert before the shooting happened. The violence is what to much in or society.

President Trump Tweeted, "My warmest condolences and sympathies to the victims and families of the terrible Las Vegas shooting. God bless you!" My warmest condolences - seriously? That is wrong on so many levels... Sigh. :gaah:

Why? He's expressing his condolences.

Two grandparents killed 50 people and created the biggest massacre in US history, unbelievable!
I stand corrected. She's not involved according to the news. Could he have pulled this off all by himself? I am no gun expert. Who was the lady warning people?
(Quoting myself)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members