NV - 59 Dead, over 500 injured in Mandalay Bay shooting in Las Vegas, 1 Oct 2017 #10

Discussion in 'Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks' started by tlcya, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Jinkasaurus

Jinkasaurus Well-Known Member

Doghairrules, Lucyray and mpnola like this.
  2. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

Lucyray and Trvl4Lyfe like this.
  3. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

4. PrairieWind

PrairieWind Verified Attorney

5. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

I think that this is an important trial. And in a way, I don't think that he should have been charged. He sold ammunition. Since when is that illegal? There is no law to report sales of ammunition.

This guy is being held out as the only person who could be held accountable for the massacre. Would Walmart be on trial if the shooter had bought ammo there?

Agreed, he altered a gun. So do hundreds of gunsmiths. And yes, he sold armour piercing ammunition, which is not illegal under Arizona state law. It is in Nevada.

The appeal is already laid out if this guy is convicted of anything, having this trial in Las Vegas is beyond prejudicial.

I see this as a bad precedent. And slippery slope to a back door on more government control into the private sector.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019