NV - 59 Dead, over 500 injured in Mandalay Bay shooting in Las Vegas, 1 Oct 2017 #10

Discussion in 'Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks' started by tlcya, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Dawookie

Dawookie Well-Known Member

I can't speak for all the families and survivors but the few I know have slowly started to get better but still have problems. Thankfully they have joined a survivors group that has helped them tremendously being able to be with and talk about how it effected them with people that went through it as well

2. Dawookie

Dawookie Well-Known Member

It's the FBI/CIA, when it comes to situations like this they'll do or say whatever they want. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if it ever came out they were involved somehow considering at least the FBIs history in certain situations

3. KayElJay

KayElJay Moderator Staff Member Moderator

More than two years after Las Vegas shooting, victim dies in California

cujenn81, Gardenista and coastal like this.
  4. cujenn81

cujenn81 Well-Known Member

I agree with you.

As much as I hate to admit it—due to the stigma surrounding all things mental illness—I truly think this is one of the few cases where it played a major part.

And I’m not talking about a personality disorder—like psychopathy, or antisocial personality disorder, or borderline personality disorder. Because I believe that any person who commits an atrocity of this magnitude most certainly has one or more of those disorders. I’m talking about a mood disorder, like bipolar disorder (which both his doctor and gf believes he suffered from). If left unmanaged, bipolar disorder can convince a person of the most outlandish and illogical circumstances. (I know this because my mother has bipolar disorder and once made me watch a scrambled channel on TV for over an hour... “because God was going to appear on the screen, share a secret message with us, and it was our responsibility to share the message with the rest of the world.” Thirty minutes after I forced her to turn off the TV—because it was 3 o’clock in the morning—my dad had to take her to the hospital because she was convinced there was a poisonous gas inside our house and refused to let us go back in.)

Bipolar disorder can manifest itself in different ways. It can sometimes foster obsessions in those with radical ideations, which can then create paranoia and morph into something else altogether ugly... which is what I fear may have happened in this case.

Regardless, I don’t want this to be the case because individuals with bipolar disorder so rarely harm anyone but themselves. And it only gives the fear mongers that love to perpetuate negative stereotypes about mental illness more ammunition.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019