GUILTY NV - Crystal Figueroa, 3, beaten to death, Las Vegas, 12 Jan 2006

Does anyone know the best number to call to report a possible tip in this case? I don't have any idea if the tip I have will be helpful, but it is bothering me enough that I feel I should at least pass on the information. Should I call AMW, or the police number directly? I only ask here because I know the great websleuthers will have the best answer for me.

Mom2threestooges said:
Does anyone know the best number to call to report a possible tip in this case? I don't have any idea if the tip I have will be helpful, but it is bothering me enough that I feel I should at least pass on the information. Should I call AMW, or the police number directly? I only ask here because I know the great websleuthers will have the best answer for me.

I got this off of the thread on Crimes in the News

If you have any information that could lead to the identification of this child or the circumstances surrounding her death, call the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Missing Persons Detail at (702) 229-LOST (5678), the Clark County(NV) Coroner's Office at (702) 455-3210 or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (843-5678).
ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at 1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST) or contact NCMEC Cold Case Review Unit at 1-877-446-2632, ext. 6235 or 6295 or The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Missing Person Detail at (702) 229-LOST (5678)
Hope that helps and that the info you may have will help!!!!

Mom2threestooges said:
I don't think where you report it is as important as the fact that you do report it.
I have never heard any complaints about reporting to AMW, and they report directly to the investigating LE dept.
I have known people who have called AMW, and people who have called LE.
I have also known some who called in to both.
But, personally- I would imagine that if the report is through AMW, then they will most likely followup on it. (good for the TV program).
When you can, will you let us know?

I sure will let everyone know if I get anywhere. Briefly, I have an estranged friend on the west coast who has ties to Las Vegas and lives in San Francisco. She has a little girl who matches the age and description. Mom went off her antipsychotic meds and I've lost touch with her. I've tried many times over the last 18 months to locate her and have feared for her daughters safety. Dad is an illegal immigrant from Mexico. I have the little girls baby picture at about 5 months old and a picture of the dad and the similarities are enough to make me pause. I'm hoping to find in LE or otherwise that I can just email my pictures to and they I'm sure can tell with that point system they use for pictures if its a possible match. I am sooooooo hoping that I am completely off base and terribly wrong. I'll keep you posted.

Mom2threestooges said:
I sure will let everyone know if I get anywhere. Briefly, I have an estranged friend on the west coast who has ties to Las Vegas and lives in San Francisco. She has a little girl who matches the age and description. Mom went off her antipsychotic meds and I've lost touch with her. I've tried many times over the last 18 months to locate her and have feared for her daughters safety. Dad is an illegal immigrant from Mexico. I have the little girls baby picture at about 5 months old and a picture of the dad and the similarities are enough to make me pause. I'm hoping to find in LE or otherwise that I can just email my pictures to and they I'm sure can tell with that point system they use for pictures if its a possible match. I am sooooooo hoping that I am completely off base and terribly wrong. I'll keep you posted.

Under those circumstances, I think I would probably report to the NCMEC children, and to AMW. Both are used to working with internet sleuthers, and NCMEC would have an ablity to do the picture comparison. Also call to AMW, mainly because of the followup I mentioned. Send the email, tell them what you said here, along with the names. Tell them you have the photos, and can give them to them. (Many places will automatically delete attachments, unless they are expecting them). Then you can follow up with a call to LE to give them more info about the mother. Creates a buzz that way, so that you know it isn't going to be overlooked.

That could very well fit with the little info we do have. I don't think this child was from the area she was found dumped but think it's more likely that they were passing through. The father being an illegal immigrant fits but that tells me that something must have happened to the mother. No cause of death reported yet?

Reward offered in search for identity of dead girl in Las Vegas

Posted: Jan 19, 2006

LAS VEGAS It's been a week -- and a ten-thousand dollar reward is now being offered to try to find the name of a little girl whose body was found in a trash bin in Las Vegas.

Nevada Child Seekers is putting up the money as it joins police and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in the search for the girl's identity -- and her killer.

The mystery has deepened since the body was found January 12th behind an apartment complex east of the Las Vegas Strip.

Allegations are surfacing today that she died of child abuse.

Billboard trucks and fliers seeking information have been circulated widely -- bearing the composite image of a girl with soft brown eyes wearing a clean white fleece coat decorated with pink hearts.

Initial reports were that she was about two-and-a-half, but authorities say she might be a little older.

Police think her parents might've been from illegal immigrants -- and are spreading the search to Mexico.

The Clark County coroner isn't saying anything about a cause of death pending identification.

The girl's been dubbed "Jane Cordova Doe" -- after the name of the apartment complex where she was found.

The T-V show "America's Most Wanted" is due to air a segment on the case this weekend.

http://www.kesq.com/Global/story.asp?S=4383375&nav=9qrx

I called Nevada Child Seekers today and gave them all the information I had. They asked that I email to them the two pictures I have which I also have done. I so hope I am wrong, but I will keep you posted.

Thanks for the update Mom2threestooges.
Yes, please keep us posted!

Mom2threestooges I too hope your friend, and her family are ok! Meanwhile you did a good thing by submitting the photos!

Hope they identify this baby soon
frown.gif

Hope they catch her killer too!
mad.gif

I have had it. I am sick of the horrific things adults are doing to there precious children.
I think when they find the person who dumped this poor child in a dumpster, they should dump that person in a dumpster and slam the lid.

mjak

mjak said:
I have had it. I am sick of the horrific things adults are doing to there precious children.
I think when they find the person who dumped this poor child in a dumpster, they should dump that person in a dumpster and slam the lid.
Mjak, next round's on me, man.

I think this little sweetie looks to be about 3 1/2 or 4 years old, or even a bit older if she was malnourished. Damn, give her blonde hair, blue eyes and pale skin and she'd look like my own 3 1/2 year old daughter. This $hit has to stop.:sick:

I was so hoping this child had not been murdered even though her disposal was so inhumane. :banghead:

Half of an Angel Tree tag was found, but I've read conflicting stories of it being found either in her coat or just in the dumpster, though I really don't know why someone would leave that in their childs coat.

http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/category.asp?C=5546&nav=168X

I've still had no word on the tip I called in, nor have I had any luck contacting the person I am concerned about. I think I'll email Nevada Child Seekers again to find out if anything panned out, but I have my doubts that they will tell me one way or another.

Mom2threestooges said:
Half of an Angel Tree tag was found, but I've read conflicting stories of it being found either in her coat or just in the dumpster, though I really don't know why someone would leave that in their childs coat.

http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/category.asp?C=5546&nav=168X

I've still had no word on the tip I called in, nor have I had any luck contacting the person I am concerned about. I think I'll email Nevada Child Seekers again to find out if anything panned out, but I have my doubts that they will tell me one way or another.
They probably have 100's of leads to follow up on, especially after the airing on AMW. Interesting about the Angel Tree tag, especially with the zip codes being next to each other. I just don't understand why she would have her OWN tag with her - don't people usually pick someone else's tag? But at least they have a lead to work on.

And I wonder, has the coat ever been identified? It seems like a very unusual coat and that someone would recognize it.

I think the thing with the angel tag is that they are thinking maybe she was the recipient of an angel tree gift, possibly the coat she was wearing? They are tracing the family of the girl listed on the tag through the Salvation Army, I would assume to verify that girl's well being and rule her out as the identity of this child.

With hundreds of leads and a weeklong investigation hitting dead ends, authorities turned to a media blitz and cash to help collar the killer of a toddler found in a trash bin.

Las Vegas police on Thursday announced a $44,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of whoever killed Jane "Cordova" Doe, the unidentified young girl found dead Jan. 12 in a Dumpster at The Fountains of Villa Cordova apartments at 2800 S. Eastern Ave.

A segment on the case aired nationally Saturday night on the television program "America's Most Wanted" and was featured on numerous U.S. radio stations as part of the program's weekly radio show.

Locally, a mobile billboard rolled down streets with a 10-foot-by-20-foot poster featuring the girl's photo and a police contact number.

Medical examiners determined that the girl died from blunt force trauma to her torso and ruled the case a homicide, Clark County Coroner Mike Murphy
http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2006/Jan-22-Sun-2006/news/5456455.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back