Identified! NV - Henderson, 'Arroyo Grande', WhtFem UP46, "S" tattoo, Oct'80 *GRAPHIC* #2 - Tammy Corrine Terrell

Since Tammy was a victim of sex trafficking and wound up in Henderson, unfortunately it seems possible she was either killed by a client or the people who trafficked her without any strong indication of either being the perp. :(

I know reported heights can be wrong, but 5'8 vs. 5'0-5'2 is too big of a discrepancy for me to personally overlook. I'm a 5'8 woman, and there is absolutely not a chance that anyone could possibly think I'm 5 feet tall if they found my body (unless it was skeletal, I suppose). JMO.

Thank you!
I wonder if the age quote for Anita was how tall she really was at her disappearance, or how tall she was assumed to be now. I say this because she has an older sister as I recall, and the older sister may be tall and so if she was the one who filed the report she may have been thinking that Anita would have been a tall adult. The fact that her age is listed as 13-15, tells me that memories have faded and whomever supplied the missing person's info doesn't remember exact dates or data any longer. She is also listed as 150 pounds, and even for a 5'8" girl, that would show as being thicker than she appears. She is very small in the chest and arms and stomach, and the pants she is wearing seem too big as do the shoes. Perhaps she's wearing hand me downs from the older sister. If I had to estimate my weight at age 13 or so, I don't really think I could, and I certainly couldn't look at my old yearbook and gauge weight of anyone, but I do think there was a mistake with the weight as well. So we have two pieces of faulty data here.

Not that it really matters now, but I'm still curious. Did they ever release Tammy's isotope results? I'm wondering if they indicated she was from that region. It would be interesting to know.

The 17-year-old's body was found 41 years ago outside of Las Vegas, NV, and until now, all attempts to identify her were unsuccessful.

In 2019, a hair sample collected at the time of autopsy was sent to Astrea Forensics for whole genome sequencing for purposes of obtaining a genotype file compatible with GedMatch database. It proved successful two years later when genealogist Barbara Rae Venter identified possible relatives of the victim.

Thanks to the investigators who never gave up, Tammy Terrell has been identified with hopes her ID will lead to information about her murder.

Read more about Tammy Terrell: Murder of Tammy Terrell - Wikipedia

Source:https://edition.cnn.com/2021/12/02/us/nevada-victim-identified-cold-case-homicide/ind

cold-case-1.jpg

Boucher said the case deeply affected the detectives who worked on it. He said Detective John Williams who initially investigated it paid for Terrell’s burial and continues to visit her gravesite yearly on the date of her death. Detective Joseph Ebert, who took over the case, has put in an “astonishing amount” of work on the case.

One of the people who worked on the case was Barbara Rae-Venter who also helped police identify Joseph James DeAngelo as the Golden State Killer.

Her unsolved murder was one of the reasons Clark County started its cold case project and launched a website in an effort to identify the unidentified.

Earlier this week, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police announced it solved the 1979 murder of 16-year-old Kim Bryant through DNA. In September, it was announced that DNA had linked a suspect to the 1989 murder of Stephanie Isaacson. In both cases, the suspects had since died.

Anyone with information on the Tammy Terrell case is asked to contact Henderson Police Department at (702) 267-4750 or CrimeStoppers at (702) 385-5555 to remain anonymous.
Henderson police identify teen murdered in 1980 | KLAS

"Terrell’s case is the oldest unsolved homicide in Henderson and the latest development gives detectives hope.

There have been big leaps in technology even in just the last few years. Investigators hope looking at unsolved cases through a 2022 lens will bring other breakthroughs.

“We have two 1981 homicide cases that we are currently working and doing the advancements in DNA and hopefully we will have some good news that comes soon with the possibility that we have identified suspects in those cases,” Ebert said."

How new tech is helping Henderson police investigate crimes, unsolved homicides

-Sounds interesting, hopefully it will result into solving her murder as do others.-

This article has a new photo of Tammy:

Unknown-1.jpeg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member