Found Safe NV - Jondrew Lachaux & Kellie Phillips in custody kids safe!

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Indy Anna, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Indy Anna

Indy Anna Well-Known Member

2. Indy Anna

Indy Anna Well-Known Member

Jondrew Megil Lachaux and Kellie Cherie Phillips:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

This couple and their five children may have left the state and could be in Los Angeles or Oakland, California.

3. Zuri

Zuri Active Member

Unbelievably horrific.

4. JanetElaine

JanetElaine Well-Known Member

What the what? Are they the parents of the 17 year old? And of the other kids that are with them (hopefully)? I can't even begin to think of how and what all happened here... all I'm seeing is kids in danger... and one dead, another close to it... Can this kind of stuff just stop? :(

5. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

On April 1, they were contacted by a neighboring agency about a malnourished 4-month-old at Sunrise Hospital in critical condition.
    At the same time, police made contact with a 17-year-old female at the hospital, who is the mother of that 4-month-old. Due to the condition of the child, the teen was booked on one count of child abuse with substantial bodily harm.
    Evidence in the case led police to the 6600 block of Wood Thrush Place, where they located a deceased 3-year-old female inside the home.

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2015/04/03/parents-sought-after-child-found-dead/

An interesting side note - on August 8, 2004, Kellie Cherie Phillips went missing for about 11 days during a trip to Las Vegas. She was found safe and had been staying with relatives in southern California.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/SAN-FRANCISCO-Missing-woman-found-safe-with-kin-2699118.php

6. MsMarple

Patty said the 17-year-old is mother to the injured 4-month-old. It's believed Phillips is mother to the 17-year-old. The children who were in the home did not receive proper care and were malnourished, Patty said.

Patty said the 4-month-old child at Sunrise Hospital has been stabilized but remains in critical condition.

Read more: http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/2871...-with-child-death-investigation#ixzz3WJLM5syZ

So yeah, it looks like Phillips is the 17-year-olds mom. Don't know about Lachaux though.

7. JanetElaine

I'm still speechless. Was the deceased 3 year old the daughter of these two (or one of them), and why did she get left with the teen while this couple took off with 5 more kids?? Oh my goodness. I hope those five are all safe... ugh...

Edit never mind about the first question, I posted this before I read the link. What the heck...

8. MsMarple

9. wenwe4

wenwe4 Active Member

So if these parents left months ago, the 17 y/o was left to care for the 3 y/o while pregnant or right after she gave birth.

I wonder if the Father to the infant is the Father to the 17 y/o as well (I hope not)

I wonder what prompted the authorities to go to the home and find the 3 y/o.

10. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

I think they went to that address looking for the parents of the negligent 17 yr old. And found an even bigger nightmare than they expected. UGH

11. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

Checking out the home would be just SOP when they have a child abuse case in their hands IMO. They'd want to investigate the conditions where the 4 month old baby had lived, to find further evidence of negligence and interview people who might know something.

12. MsMarple

13. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

14. JanetElaine

Sad how in one of the comments at that link, the commenter forgets that a 17 year old is still a child too. We don't know anything about the 17 year old and honestly I feel for her as well. Who knows what she's been through. It's obvious she has no clue how to care for little kids/babies, she can't be completely evil because she did bring the baby to the hospital. If the three year old just died days earlier, I can imagine her in a panic not knowing what to do and just trying to keep the baby alive... then when she took a turn, knowing she could also die, taking her to the hospital. I wonder if the 17 year old wasn't malnourished, herself. Then again of course she could be evil incarnate and starved those littles on purpose... but for now I'm choosing not to believe that... all JMO and MOO.

Also - flashbang grenades? What did the cops expect in that house?

15. JanetElaine

Yes, and then there are the five kids that they've disappeared with... I don't recall reading anywhere if they were his, hers, both, or a combination of those...

16. wenwe4

wenwe4 Active Member

I wonder if there is a significant violent criminal history on either of these parents, or weapons charges that necessitated the SWAT flashbangs visit to the home.

17. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

18. wenwe4

wenwe4 Active Member

Do we know what his criminal history is?

(Warning Graphic Thoughts!) I don't mean to offend anyone so please forgive, but I wonder if the 4 mo old infant and the 17 y/o mother smelled of decomp when they arrived at the hospital - given they had been in that home with the poor baby 3 y/o girl's corpse.

19. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Police seek missing parents after child dies in care of teen sister in Las Vegas
    http://fox13now.com/2015/04/04/poli...ild-dies-in-care-of-teen-sister-in-las-vegas/

20. Sjm_qc

Sjm_qc Well-Known Member