NV NV - Joseph Roy, 50, Spanish Springs, 23 June 1989

Tuck

Reaction score
I haven't been able to find many details on this case, but it remains listed by the Washoe County Sheriff's Office which suggests that it hasn't been solved.

If Joseph Clyde Roy has been located or the case has been closed, please let me know and I will have this post removed.

Name -
Joseph Clyde Roy

Last Seen - 06/23/1989

Missing From - Spanish Springs, Nevada

Age - 50

Race - White

Sex - Male

Hair Color - N/A

Eye Color - N/A

Height - N/A

Weight - N/A

Medical Details -
N/A

Clothing - N/A

Circumstances - The missing person was last seen providing assistance to a stranded motorist near Spanish Springs, Washoe County. On the 30th of June, his pickup truck was discovered abandoned in a remote desert area of Pershing County by authorities. It had been driven off State Route 447, and was located midway between the towns of Nixon and Empire.

Investigators have not located any evidence to suggest foul play, but despite extensive land and air searches have found no trace of the MP. At the time of his disappearance, the missing person was residing in Empire, where had been working for the U.S. Gypsum Company.

As of 2019, the case is still listed on the missing persons thread located at the Washoe County Sheriff's Office.

Washoe County Sheriff's Office - Northern Nevada's Full Service Law Enforcement Agency

Nothing but the Sheriff's notice that he's missing. Where did you find the info on him? I'm finding nothing but what's on your link.

Nothing but the Sheriff's notice that he's missing. Where did you find the info on him? I'm finding nothing but what's on your link.

It’s from a Nevadan newspaper archive. Can’t remember what the title was I’m sorry.

4 July 1989, The Reno Gazette Journal, pg 23
1679872886246.png

The Washoe Sheriff's office website is down and has been for a while

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member