NV NV - Multiple Sets of Human Remains Found in Lake Mead

LAS VEGAS, Nev. (FOX5) - FOX5 is uncovering new discoveries about the human remains found inside a barrel at Lake Mead. This comes less than 48 hours after yet another set of human remains were found.

A woman who believes that could be her brother spoke with FOX5 exclusively. She told us her brother, Bobbi Eugene Shaw, has been missing for about 45 years.

His sister Barbara Brock said she hasn’t stopped looking for him since.

“It has been devastating because if I see something that looks like him, you got to look and make sure it is not him,” said Brock.

Las Vegas police contacted her asking to collect DNA samples because they believe her brother matches the description of the body found inside that barrel.

LAS VEGAS, Nev. (FOX5) - FOX5 is uncovering new discoveries about the human remains found inside a barrel at Lake Mead. This comes less than 48 hours after yet another set of human remains were found.

A woman who believes that could be her brother spoke with FOX5 exclusively. She told us her brother, Bobbi Eugene Shaw, has been missing for about 45 years.

His sister Barbara Brock said she hasn’t stopped looking for him since.

“It has been devastating because if I see something that looks like him, you got to look and make sure it is not him,” said Brock.

Las Vegas police contacted her asking to collect DNA samples because they believe her brother matches the description of the body found inside that barrel.

Interesting. Here is his thread. CA - CA - Robert Eugene Shaw, 38, Fontana, 14 May 1977

LAS VEGAS (KLAS) – The discovery of floating human remains at Lake Mead has a Las Vegas family hopeful that they belong to an Army veteran who drowned two decades ago.

Kenneth Funk was 56 when he drowned at the lake saving his wife, his family told the Nexstar’s KLAS.

“It’s built like my dad, the stomach, the chest, the back,” Condon said of the remains, after seeing photos shared online. She also noted her father had a unique scar on his stomach that she hoped to confirm with the coroner.

The torso, however, is covered in a waxy substance called adipocere. It forms over time when bacteria encounter fat tissue. This wax, and the depths at which Funk’s body may have come to a rest, could have preserved the body. The question is how long the preservation could have lasted.

“The fact that these remains are coming up, if it is him, I want to do the right thing and take care of him,” Condon said.''
1660537985195.png

“It’s built like my dad, the stomach, the chest, the back,” Condon said of the remains, after seeing photos shared online. She also noted her father had a unique scar on his stomach that she hoped to confirm with the coroner.

The torso, however, is covered in a waxy substance called adipocere. It forms over time when bacteria encounter fat tissue. This wax, and the depths at which Funk’s body may have come to a rest, could have preserved the body. The question is how long the preservation could have lasted.

“The fact that these remains are coming up, if it is him, I want to do the right thing and take care of him,” Condon said.''
View attachment 359708

Missing file on Charley's: Kenneth Eldon Funk – The Charley Project What a terribly sad story.

Officials first received reports of possible remains found at 8 p.m. Monday at Swim Beach at Lake Mead. National Park Service Rangers have set up a perimeter to recover the remains with help from the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police dive team. The Clark County Medical Examiner was also contacted.

This comes ten days after a set of remains were found at Swim Beach. Lake Mead officials have reported four different discoveries of remains at the lake this summer, though the Clark County Coroner’s Office said it’s possible that two of the partial sets belong to the same person.

Last edited:
May already have been posted. But wanted to add it before I lost it. Son believes one of the remains found may be his father, Daniel Kolod.

May already have been posted. But wanted to add it before I lost it. Son believes one of the remains found may be his father, Daniel Kolod.

Actually so far 3 families have claimed 3 of the remains to probably be their drowned fathers (Kolod and Funk) and missing brother (man in the barrel). All of them are quite solid leads and as far as it has been communicated, DNA work is in progress. It is in the thread.

1660849842612.png
Todd Kolod, pictured here with his father Daniel, was born in 1956, two years before his father died in Callville Bay

1660849940603.png
Intake towers stand exposed in Lake Mead as water continues to dry up in the lake on the Arizona side of the Hoover Dam

1660849992432.png
The Lake, including a marina in Boulder City, Nevada (pictured) is shrinking as water retreats

According to the media, the son is confident it is his father but is upset about how long DNA analysis and investigation are taking LE. They are also apparently investigating dentals but dentist records are long gone.

Similar with the Funk family. Theyre sure the torso found is their father. Location and body shape match.

From other cases it is fairly normal though to have many months long waits or even years, even if it is a clear case. Part of the process and filing and also DNA extraction and analysis can take long with remains that were submerged so long.

I hope the families get their missing loved ones back very very soon and i understand the wait is agonizing.

Jmoo

In Dannys case, as he was Ashkenazi Jewish, it should be obvious and easy to ID him, Ashkenazim have a very distinctive genetic signature. I hope he can be brought home soon.
The family story is a side note but also interesting, Dannys father Ruby (Ruben) was a mobster (LV Kosher Nostra) who turned businessman and philanthropist later in life (no connection to the accident):
The body found in drought-stricken Lake Mead could be a young father who fell from a speedboat in 1958 - S Chronicles

That would increase the likelihood of a match, but it wouldn't be definitive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back