GUILTY NV - Liam Husted, 7, homicide, State Route 160, Las Vegas, May 2021 *mother arrested*

“Samantha indicated that she pushed Liam causing him to fall and hit his head,” the investigators told the grand jury. “She said that she also fell during this process and then after Liam fell and hit his head he started screaming, top of his lungs, louder than she had ever heard him scream before and she wasn’t so sure how to stop him from crying. The things that she had tried in the past to calm him down weren’t working and now he’s been injured by falling and hitting his head so he’s screaming at the top of his, as she describes it at the top of his lungs.”

That is when the investigator said she strangled and killed Liam.

“Samantha indicated that she had watched television crime shows and thought that by removing his clothing, it would make it more difficult to associate him with her after she left the area,” the investigator told the court.
San Jose woman accused of killing son in Las Vegas indicted by grand jury – KION546

Liam, who had autism spectrum disorder, had been running around, “not really listening to Samantha,” Metropolitan Police Department homicide Detective Robert Ochsenhirt told grand jurors. “She’s trying to usher him back to the car so they can go on their way, and he won’t do it.”

Just days earlier, she gathered up all his clothes and toys, as well as her belongings and left their apartment in San Jose, driving “somewhat aimlessly” to Southern California in search of more affordable housing, the detective said. She had not worked in a couple years.

They ended up in Las Vegas on May 26 and walked up and down the Strip “so he could look at the lights,” she told the detective. She was trying to wear him out and get him to sleep that night.
Mom accused of killing son told detectives why she removed his clothes

Mother arrested in connection with 7-year-old found at Mountain Springs — TIMELINE

According to grand jury transcripts, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Detective Robert Ochsenhirt told grand jurors that Moreno-Rodriguez said her and Liam left San Jose to look for more affordable housing. They reportedly drove to Southern California but "didn't have direction of where they were going."

According to the transcripts, their travels eventually brought them to Las Vegas, where they stayed in an off-Strip motel near the stadium on May 26.

When asked how she stopped Liam's screaming, the transcripts state that Moreno-Rodriguez indicted physically with her hands going around her neck. She then said "yes" when asked if she had done that to Liam.
Mother accused of strangling 7-year-old son indicted by Clark County grand jury

Liam-Husted.jpg

Liam
Mother confessed to strangling 7-year-old son, prosecutor tells court | KRQE News 13
*How could she?…

Last edited:
Hiking? Las Vegas desert? It was 97° on May, 28, 2021 in Las Vegas.

I am calling that out. No one is stopping in that remote area, to go "hiking", when it is 97°, especially with a child!! With a disability.
Long time no see, my friend. I can always count on you to tell it like it is. Blunt and spot on - just like I like it. Glad to run into you…

Mother arrested in connection with 7-year-old found at Mountain Springs — TIMELINE

According to grand jury transcripts, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Detective Robert Ochsenhirt told grand jurors that Moreno-Rodriguez said her and Liam left San Jose to look for more affordable housing. They reportedly drove to Southern California but "didn't have direction of where they were going."

According to the transcripts, their travels eventually brought them to Las Vegas, where they stayed in an off-Strip motel near the stadium on May 26.

When asked how she stopped Liam's screaming, the transcripts state that Moreno-Rodriguez indicted physically with her hands going around her neck. She then said "yes" when asked if she had done that to Liam.
Mother accused of strangling 7-year-old son indicted by Clark County grand jury

Liam-Husted.jpg

Liam
Mother confessed to strangling 7-year-old son, prosecutor tells court | KRQE News 13
*How could she?…

I call BS that they were just wandering around. LE discovered that she had made reservations beforehand at a hotel in Denver, which is where they arrested her. When she was arrested, she was having breakfast with a man and was wearing makeup.

I call BS that they were just wandering around. LE discovered that she had made reservations beforehand at a hotel in Denver, which is where they arrested her. When she was arrested, she was having breakfast with a man and was wearing makeup.
Oh disgusting! Deplorable! She had so many options available if she just didn’t want her kid anymore! I guess he was just too much trouble…

Moreno-Rodriguez was arrested in Colorado. She was with an unknown man at the time. She was extradited to Las Vegas after her arrest.

The boy's father reported that Moreno-Rodriguez had left San Jose, California, but did not file a missing person's report because he was not concerned for their safety at the time.

A family friend recognized Husted from a police sketch after his body was found.

Moreno-Rodriguez is scheduled to appear in a Las Vegas courtroom on Wednesday morning.
https://www.ktnv.com/news/crime/pol...ed-son-near-trail-because-he-would-not-listen

Prosecutors in Clark County, Nevada, say their death penalty review committee will consider whether San Jose resident Samantha Moreno-Rodriguez should face the death penalty, according to the CBS affiliate in Las Vegas.

Moreno-Rodriguez was set to appear in court Wednesday morning for her arraignment, but her attorneys requested a delay. Her new court date is set for Aug. 20.
San Jose mother accused of strangling son could face death penalty – KION546

Long time no see, my friend. I can always count on you to tell it like it is. Blunt and spot on - just like I like it. Glad to run into you…

TY.

Interesting on the "Death Penalty" review. He was a child with a disability, so I appreciate the enhanced charges. But, I also think that, I wouldn't vote for the DP here. INMO. Most people don't sign up to have a child with a disability. Life in prison, without Parole seems good to me.

But, that is my opinion.

New trial date for mother accused of strangling, killing son near Las Vegas

The trial date for a mother accused of strangling and killing her son near Las Vegas has been changed to Sept. 26.

The trial date for Samantha Moreno-Rodriguez, 35, was originally scheduled for Feb. 28.

"The trial date for Samantha Moreno-Rodriguez, 35, was originally scheduled for Feb. 28.

Moreno-Rodriguez’s defense counsel said they were requesting a change in the date of the trial because pandemic restrictions had slowed the progression of their investigation of her case.".

She strangled a child with a disability and left him naked. No amount of "investigation" is going to change that. The only plan with a solid guilty client is stall as long as possible.

I don't buy the 'hike' story either. Nah, she just wanted him gone so she could meet this new man kid-free.

She could have just left him with his dad... but that would have meant paying child support ... and I bet there might be a little bit of resenting that that would have meant her ex 'won'.

She's just as much of a total deadbeat as the men who do the same thing

Wait... deadbeat is too much of a compliment for this lipsticked monster.

She wont be popular inside.
Did she ever say why? Not that it matters. Just seems so senseless :(

She wont be popular inside.
Did she ever say why? Not that it matters. Just seems so senseless :(
Investigators believe that Moreno-Rodriguez and Liam had been hiking on the trail when she pushed him, causing him to fall and hit his head.

She later told investigators “that she also fell during this process and then after Liam fell and hit his head and started screaming, top of his lungs, louder than she had ever heard him scream before, and she wasn’t sure how to stop him from crying.”

She then strangled and killed him before removing his clothes, a prosecutor told a grand jury.

“Samantha indicated that she had watched television crime shows and thought that by removing his clothing, it would make it more difficult to associate him with her after she left the area,” the investigator said.

Moreno-Rodriguez was later arrested in Denver on June 8 while having breakfast with a man she had met days earlier, police said.

Investigators believe that Moreno-Rodriguez and Liam had been hiking on the trail when she pushed him, causing him to fall and hit his head.

She later told investigators “that she also fell during this process and then after Liam fell and hit his head and started screaming, top of his lungs, louder than she had ever heard him scream before, and she wasn’t sure how to stop him from crying.”

She then strangled and killed him before removing his clothes, a prosecutor told a grand jury.

“Samantha indicated that she had watched television crime shows and thought that by removing his clothing, it would make it more difficult to associate him with her after she left the area,” the investigator said.

Moreno-Rodriguez was later arrested in Denver on June 8 while having breakfast with a man she had met days earlier, police said.

Ugh I know this should go to “awaiting trial” I’m from San Jose this was awful here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back