Found Deceased NV - Madelyn Lingenfelter, 19, Reno, 19 Sept 2018

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by tbum, Sep 23, 2018.

1. ThePhantom

ThePhantom Well-Known Member

The whole case just makes me heartsick for this beautiful young lady. Rest in peace, angel.

Jethro4WS, Neva525 and Fairy1 like this.
  2. gypsyblue

gypsyblue this is not what Haleigh would have wanted

*modsnip*
    I always wondered why no press conference when she went missing. I constantly bugged the local media and RPD for lack of coverage and why no plea. This has me so heartbroken and disgusted with how Reno handled this case.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2018
  3. ThePhantom

I’m with you Gypsyblue. I felt an immediate need to help Madelyn as soon as I saw her picture. Many of us felt this draw to her and now, I just feel this deep sorrow. I wonder to myself, what happened to cause her to get to such a hopeless place and I think - if only she knew how many people cared about her. My deepest sympathy to all Madelyn’s family and friends, and gratitude to all the people who showed up here with the sole purpose to help this young lady. I really do think you all are the best of the best. You are amazing. Thank you!!

Jethro4WS and Watchingtime like this.
  4. Neva525

Neva525 Member

Joe Hart KRNV

Click the link above and read the comments. Many other Reno people don't think this makes sense as well.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    Jethro4WS, ThePhantom and Beagle like this.
  5. Darling136

Darling136 Staff member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Please provide a link acc to TOS, otherwise this kind of posts may be removed

ThePhantom likes this.
  6. Neva525

Neva525 Member

Not sure why this is in violation, but here is the article stating it was suicide.

Missing woman's body found off Mt. Rose Highway

Jethro4WS, ThePhantom and Suglo like this.
  7. Darling136

Darling136 Staff member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Thank you, now is clear!
    it is a violation if you do not state a source and from your posting it was not obvious that you s0sre reffering to an article or that this one was already linked before.
    E.g. just add the link in your post next time

Jethro4WS likes this.
  8. amoreau25

amoreau25 Member

I agree.. to me it seems like the body (remains) were planted after the search, there is no way that many people could miss her like that...plus it is hard to determine COD on a skeleton.. unless she had a broken hyoid bone, but that can also be strangulation not just a hanging..

turanna25 and Jethro4WS like this.
  9. Jethro4WS

Jethro4WS Well-Known Member

You would be surprised. Ashley Meiss was found many more months later after disappearing and she was found in the very small patch of woods about 100 to 200 feet behind her apartment. There was the teacher in Maine that was found not far from her home in an area searched at least three times.

One of the things that isn't obvious (due to the lack of details released in suicides) is that searchers often do not look up. Women 15-34 choose hanging 47 percent of the time. So if there is an indication that self harm is possible searchers should remember to look up in the trees when searching. Now I don't know if that is the case here but that is one explanation for not finding her quickly and it wouldn't be until the body falls or leaves fall where she would be seen without looking up.

10. ThePhantom

Thank you very much, Jethro4WS. The information you provided was very helpful!

Jethro4WS likes this.