NV NV - Multiple Sets of Human Remains Found in Lake Mead

sds71

Reaction score
LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — The body found in a barrel at Lake Mead on Sunday may have been underwater for as long as four decades and more bodies are likely to appear as the lake recedes due to severe drought, Las Vegas Metro police homicide Lt. Ray Spencer told the 8 News Now I-Team.

Boaters discovered the body around 3 p.m. Sunday. The I-Team first reported the discovery on Sunday afternoon.

Police suspect the person was killed in the 1980s based on personal items in the barrel, Spencer said. He would not elaborate on the person’s cause of death or the items found, citing the ongoing investigation.

I-Team: Body found in barrel in Lake Mead may date back to 1980s, more likely to appear as water recedes, Las Vegas police say

LAS VEGAS, Nev. (FOX5) - The National Park Service confirmed that human remains were found at Lake Mead National Recreation Area Sunday.

According to a release, NPS rangers began searching the area near Hemenway Harbor around 3:00 p.m. Sunday after a witness reported finding a barrel containing human remains.

A witness told FOX5 that they were pulling in on a boat when they heard a woman screaming after seeing the barrel.

NPS said its Investigative Service Branch is coordinating with LVMPD to recover the remains as the investigation is ongoing. The Clark County Medical Examiner will determine the cause of death.

Human remains found in barrel at Lake Mead

LAS VEGAS Body In Barrel Found In Lake Mead - Bing images
lake-mead-body-barrel-001.jpg

rbbm
Body in barrel revealed as water levels drop in Nevada's Lake Mead | Toronto Sun
''The heavily corroded barrel, resembling an industrial storage drum as pictured in a photograph posted online by local CBS News affiliate KLAS-TV, was spotted by boaters on Sunday, according to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.

Investigators suspect the individual whose remains were inside the container was killed in the 1980s based on personal items found with the barrel, police homicide detective Lieutenant Ray Spencer said''

''Spencer told KLAS police would seek assistance from experts at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, “because we’re going to need scientists to weigh in and kind of give us some estimate on how long that person has actually been in the barrel.”
“It’s going to take an extensive amount of work,
” he said''

LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — The body found in a barrel at Lake Mead on Sunday may have been underwater for as long as four decades and more bodies are likely to appear as the lake recedes due to severe drought, Las Vegas Metro police homicide Lt. Ray Spencer told the 8 News Now I-Team.

Boaters discovered the body around 3 p.m. Sunday. The I-Team first reported the discovery on Sunday afternoon.

Police suspect the person was killed in the 1980s based on personal items in the barrel, Spencer said. He would not elaborate on the person’s cause of death or the items found, citing the ongoing investigation.

I-Team: Body found in barrel in Lake Mead may date back to 1980s, more likely to appear as water recedes, Las Vegas police say

Thanks for making this thread. I was searching for one. Very interesting find. It opens the possibility an older missing person case can be solved.

Woman Screams After Seeing Barrel With Human Remains Uncovered From Lake

The witness, Las Vegas resident Shawna Hollister, told 8 News Now that she and her husband were docking their boat and were heading home for the day.

"My husband heard a woman scream and then he went to look and found the body in a very deteriorated 50-gallon drum," Hollister told local news station News 3. "He found a man that was mostly bones, except for some of his shirt and belt showing."

Woman Screams After Seeing Barrel With Human Remains Uncovered From Lake

The witness, Las Vegas resident Shawna Hollister, told 8 News Now that she and her husband were docking their boat and were heading home for the day.

"My husband heard a woman scream and then he went to look and found the body in a very deteriorated 50-gallon drum," Hollister told local news station News 3. "He found a man that was mostly bones, except for some of his shirt and belt showing."

How did he know it was a man? Based on the clothing left?

They might even find the remains of Maria Bozi. I sure hope so. It's a sad story, one of deception....meeting Mr. Bad..... Maria Bozi – The Charley Project
  • Missing Since 09/01/1999
  • Missing From Boulder City, Nevada
  • Classification Endangered Missing
Bozi married David Kent Fitch in England in April 1999. Photos of Fitch are posted with this case summary. The couple relocated to the Boulder City, Nevada area shortly after their wedding. They resided in Lakeshore Trailer Village, which is part of the Lake Mead National Recreational Area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back