Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion, 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 *POI died in jail before trial* #4

Troy Driver now accused of raping Naomi.

FERNLEY, Nev. (KOLO) -JULY 20 UPDATE: The man accused of killing Naomi Irion is now charged with sexually assaulting her.

The Lyon County District Attorney’s Office on Wednesday filed amended charges against Troy Driver in justice court in Fernley that now include sexual assault and being an ex-felon in possession of a gun.

That is in addition to charges of murder, robbery and kidnapping filed earlier.

Irion disappeared from a Fernley parking lot on March 12 and was found in northern Churchill County on March 25.

We were waiting for all of the charges to fall. We knew what his intentions were. A lady isn't safe to park her car in order to catch a ride into work. I loathe him.

Naomi just wanted to go to work and be happy living in America, where we're sorta free. But, a creeping man took life from her that day. He must pay.

Where can we find the Indictments? I want to read the Probable Cause Warrant, too.
TIA to anyone!

We were waiting for all of the charges to fall. We knew what his intentions were. A lady isn't safe to park her car in order to catch a ride into work. I loathe him.

Naomi just wanted to go to work and be happy living in America, where we're sorta free. But, a creeping man took life from her that day. He must pay.

Where can we find the Indictments? I want to read the Probable Cause Warrant, too.
TIA to anyone!

We knew this was coming but I still feel such anger towards this man. The wheels of justice move slowly, but I hope we’re heading towards him never ever being able to leave a cell ever again.

Troy Driver now accused of raping Naomi.

FERNLEY, Nev. (KOLO) -JULY 20 UPDATE: The man accused of killing Naomi Irion is now charged with sexually assaulting her.

The Lyon County District Attorney’s Office on Wednesday filed amended charges against Troy Driver in justice court in Fernley that now include sexual assault and being an ex-felon in possession of a gun.

That is in addition to charges of murder, robbery and kidnapping filed earlier.

Irion disappeared from a Fernley parking lot on March 12 and was found in northern Churchill County on March 25.

TIA to anyone!
I believe the Indictments are all included in the above article. Amended to the first charge of possession of the firearm. Kidnapping and SA, added.

Is that what you're looking for, @DeDee, or something else?

JMO

LYON COUNTY, Nev. (News 4 & Fox 11) — Troy Driver's defense has filed a motion claiming he is incompetent to stand trial. The motion comes from the Fernley Justice Court just days after Driver waived his right to be arraigned on new sexual assault charges recently added to the case against the 42-year-old. Driver was first charged with kidnapping 18-year-old Naomi Irion in March, followed by additional charges of murder, destroying evidence and burglary in April of 2022. He was charged with sexually assaulting Naomi earlier this month.

There is a link in the article to a motion for competency evaluation.

Last edited:

LYON COUNTY, Nev. (News 4 & Fox 11) — Troy Driver's defense has filed a motion claiming he is incompetent to stand trial. The motion comes from the Fernley Justice Court just days after Driver waived his right to be arraigned on new sexual assault charges recently added to the case against the 42-year-old. Driver was first charged with kidnapping 18-year-old Naomi Irion in March, followed by additional charges of murder, destroying evidence and burglary in April of 2022. He was charged with sexually assaulting Naomi earlier this month.

There is a link in the article to a motion for competency evaluation.

Thank you, Becky, for posting this one. A few of my humble opinions follow.

This creepy accused criminal had enough competency to stalk 18yo Naomi in the early morning hours in a parking lot, wait patiently in the darkness while watching for the most opportune time to stealthy approach her car before making his dastardly move to enter the driver's side door. No doubt Naomi was in shock and terrified as he controlled her. Her brother thinks she probably just froze in position unable to react. Fight. Flight. Freeze.

Then, this evil man competently and confidently drove 18yo Naomi to a secluded area in the desert mountain for the purpose and ability of performing insidious criminal acts upon 18yo Naomi, including TD having the capacity to perform a heinous rape and murder. What a horrible thing to do to an 18yo young lady and especially one who was likely still a virgin. That illegal intrusion deserves the Death Penalty right there!

For weeks afterwards the formidable kidnapping of 18yo Naomi, he proceeded to possess enough competency and wherewithal to secret her body from numerous grieving family, friends and loved ones until authorities finally were able to locate Naomi. TD was savvy enough, smart enough, and devious enough to hide his dark F150 inside the closed garage.

We will be patient while he goes thru the due process the law allows but he ain't crazy and neither is Aiden Fauci, Lori V or Leticia S. They're evil.

This creepy accused criminal had enough competency to stalk 18yo Naomi in the early morning hours in a parking lot, wait patiently in the darkness while watching for the most opportune time to stealthy approach her car before making his dastardly move to enter the driver's side door. No doubt Naomi was in shock and terrified as he controlled her. Her brother thinks she probably just froze in position unable to react. Fight. Flight. Freeze.

Then, this evil man competently and confidently drove 18yo Naomi to a secluded area in the desert mountain for the purpose and ability of performing insidious criminal acts upon 18yo Naomi, including TD having the capacity to perform a heinous rape and murder. What a horrible thing to do to an 18yo young lady and especially one who was likely still a virgin. That illegal intrusion deserves the Death Penalty right there!

For weeks afterwards the formidable kidnapping of 18yo Naomi, he proceeded to possess enough competency and wherewithal to secret her body from numerous grieving family, friends and loved ones until authorities finally were able to locate Naomi. TD was savvy enough, smart enough, and devious enough to hide his dark F150 inside the closed garage.

We will be patient while he goes thru the due process the law allows but he ain't crazy and neither is Aiden Fauci, Lori V or Leticia S. They're evil.

I agree, but competency is different from state of mind at the time of the alleged crime. Competency concerns the defendant’s *current* ability to understand the allegations - not his state of mind *during* the crimes. “Competency” and “insanity” are often used interchangeably in media, but they’re two distinct concepts.

I agree, but competency is different from state of mind at the time of the alleged crime. Competency concerns the defendant’s *current* ability to understand the allegations - not his state of mind *during* the crimes. “Competency” and “insanity” are often used interchangeably in media, but they’re two distinct concepts.

True. But, given the intensive planning and premediation of the kidnapping, rape and murder of NI, the Defense wants the public to believe their client suddenly doesn't understand the nature of the charges levied against him? I'm eager for the results of the competency exam.

Canal Township Justice of the Peace Lori Matheus earlier set a preliminary hearing in justice court in Fernley Sept. 13-15 to determine if there’s enough evidence to bind him over for trial. She also plans to hear jurisdictional arguments then.

Meanwhile, she’s ordered Driver to appear at the competency evaluation hearing at the request of his own lawyers who say they must ensure all his rights are protected.

Lyon County District Attorney Stephen Rye said in Aug. 4 filings he didn’t object to a district court hearing “for the limited purpose of determining competency to proceed.” A hearing date hasn’t been set.

I'm not going to post my thoughts/opinion on the competency filing :mad:

I didn't state she was definitely targeted, just that many here have expressed that belief, and that I hold that belief as well. I cannot speak for anyone else, but for me, his behavior on that Saturday seemed to indicate that she was the one he was going to abduct that day, specifically her. He was there before she arrived, and while there were seemingly not a lot of vehicles in the parking lot, there were some. But he seemed to be waiting for or looking for someone specific, by his actions. We know that he walked right through headlights of a car at one point, so we know that vehicle was occupied by someone, though we do not know if it was male, female, or both. With the Panasonic bus due to arrive within a short period of time, it is logical to assume that there were probably others in the lot waiting in cars as well, but TD walked to his spot on the sidewalk and stared directly at her car, before looping around and taking her. It is certainly possible that was the first time he had ever laid eyes on Naomi, but I believe he had seen her before, perhaps at the convenience store where she stopped for her energy drink, and had a reason for knowing she would be going to that parking lot to catch a shuttle in that early hour. Maybe he spoke to her, maybe he saw her Panasonic shirt and put two and two together, I don't know. I just feel like she was his planned target that day, and only her. And yes, I think there very well may be others. I doubt he kept his nose clean for a decade after getting out of prison for an accessory to murder charge, only to wake up one day to decide he was going to abduct and kill someone. And again, this is only my opinion!
He definitely has the background/fits the profile for a hunter/stalker. His first arrest was for shooting a deer out of season (at 12 years of age). Also, lying in wait while a 17 year old prepared to murder her boyfriend by shooting him.

My speculation only of course, but I strongly suspect early on in life this guy associated shooting with sexual gratification, and has probably committed more than one of these heinous kinds of crimes. I’m so sorry for Naomi’s family that he was allowed to be out on the street at the time he took her.

Thank goodness he is in custody. MOO, but I bet he will never set foot outside a prison a free man again.

So the ex-con is resorting to more legal wrangling in attempts to elude prosecution for this vicious crime:

A competency filing requires the judge to suspend the case until competency is determined.

There is also a defense move to discredit Lyon County as the court of jurisdiction and try to move it into the jurisdiction of Churchill County, where her body was found. Not sure this is such a smart move.

Typical ex-con move with a compliant defense counsel. Let's just exhaust his chances at wriggling out of this on appeal and send him to Nevada Maximum Prison for the rest of his miserable life.

JUSTICE FOR NAOMI !

So the ex-con is resorting to more legal wrangling in attempts to elude prosecution for this vicious crime:

A competency filing requires the judge to suspend the case until competency is determined.

There is also a defense move to discredit Lyon County as the court of jurisdiction and try to move it into the jurisdiction of Churchill County, where her body was found. Not sure this is such a smart move.

Typical ex-con move with a compliant defense counsel. Let's just exhaust his chances at wriggling out of this on appeal and send him to Nevada Maximum Prison for the rest of his miserable life.

JUSTICE FOR NAOMI !

It’s all just delay tactics from his counsel to buy them more time before the inevitable trial does occur. A pathetic excuse for a human being.

Excellent post DeDee

September 12, 2022
The man accused of kidnapping and killing Naomi Irion of Fernley appeared in court to determine if he is fit enough to stand trial.

The court decided that Driver needed to be evaluated while recommending Lake's Crossing Center in Sparks.

After he is evaluated, they will come back together and review his evaluation.

There was no specific date given on when he will be evaluated or will appear in court again.

September 12, 2022
The man accused of kidnapping and killing Naomi Irion of Fernley appeared in court to determine if he is fit enough to stand trial.

The court decided that Driver needed to be evaluated while recommending Lake's Crossing Center in Sparks.

After he is evaluated, they will come back together and review his evaluation.

There was no specific date given on when he will be evaluated or will appear in court again.

He was fit enough to commit the crime and then attempt to cover it up!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back