NV NV - Steven Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #22

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by bessie, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Evilxelvis138

Evilxelvis138 rebel angel

Can we post the link to Arrin’s YouTube page? I know there are specific/strict rules here, but honestly I don’t have the interest to read them. I just try to be conservative in what I post to stay under the radar.

2. MysteryMaven

MysteryMaven Well-Known Member

So the California ping could just be a data entry error according to former journalist/current atty Stephen Jackson and Arrin Stoner per Arrin’s latest video. They talked a lot about the other pings. Does anyone have a link to a ping timeline? I thought there was one on here before but I can’t find it.

3. anniejanet

anniejanet Well-Known Member

A really good true crime youtuber just did a vid about this. I don't think I should post a link but if you would like it send me a site mail.

book-thinker and Evilxelvis138 like this.
  4. fridaybaker

fridaybaker Well-Known Member

I would like the link. Thank you!

5. Evilxelvis138

Maybe there are a few key words one could type in YouTube to find it?

cocomod, Laughing and book-thinker like this.
  6. Gambler88

Gambler88 New Member

On page 9 of the HPD report, they mention one of the Anthem Security Guards observed Steven's car in the days following his disappearance and noticed the car windows were "fogged up", like someone had been sleeping in there. Why does this feel more significant to me than anyone else?

7. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

And, if your job title is Security Guard -- you merely report an unknown person sleeping in an unknown car a few yards away from the people you are paid to protect???

Is this a gated community? If so, wasn't this trespassing?

jmho ymmv lrr

8. Ignorant_Bystander

Ignorant_Bystander Member

The police report isn't the most accurate thing I've read..some spelling mistakes, etc. It says "The officer did not make contact with the occupants and did not observe any subjects inside the vehicle". (It reads, to me, that"Occupants" and "subjects" are the same thing). The officer assumed that someone was sleeping inside the vehicle as the windows appeared to be fogged over consistent with someone breathing inside it. The officer did not make contact as they are told not to do so"

Could've been moisture that went in and does not easily go out again, which causes condensation on the windows.

carbuff, cocomod, Cannelure and 2 others like this.
  9. Gambler88

Gambler88 New Member

Very likely. You're absolutely right about the police reports.

Laughing likes this.
  10. anniejanet

anniejanet Well-Known Member

Dunno. Maybe I can put the creator's name in here? Stephanie Harlowe

11. Sulamith

Sulamith Well-Known Member

Yes! watching now.

12. Moonbeam456

Moonbeam456 Well-Known Member

She literally just reports on all the work Arrin Stoner has done, she doesn't add anything new. I find youtubers like her annoying, she's just using other people's work to make her own video and get subscribers.

13. Ignorant_Bystander

Ignorant_Bystander Member

Maybe so, but having a ton of subscribers already gets the word out more about the case, and might bring more information out since more people see the videos. She did acknowledge her sources. Also Arrin said on his youtube page another Steven video is coming in the next few weeks with big update apparently. I can't wait

14. velvta

velvta Well-Known Member

I watched it too, and it wasn't anything interesting to people who follow the case. She does have a huge number of subscribers though, so it would be nice to make SK's case more visible. I'm always amazed at how people say they've never heard of this or that case. I guess people who go to this site know all the big ones and just assume that the general public knows about it too, but they don't.

15. Evilxelvis138

Arrin Stoner is the man. I look forward to all his posts. I’m glad you alerted to us that Stephanie’s videos don’t have anything new in them. While I agree it’s good for people new to the case, I am glad I won’t have to watch her hour long vids, and while Arrin’s vids are shorter they packed full of info and aren’t longer than they need to be to convey the message.

16. fridaybaker

I've been watching some of the Arrin Stoner videos. The first couple were really frustrating -not very much info. (Not sure which they were, but one was Arrin interviewing a journo, the one who posted here in the early days.)

Anyway, I then found one about the Landlord, dated 2/27/21. I'm about 3/4 into it, and I've found this one of great interest so far. That said, though, I think there's a major weakness in this video, and I've found Arrin's videos, especially one on Terri Beavers, to have weaknesses along these lines. Here is what I find to be an astounding weakness in the Landlord one:

Arrin discusses the phone records and compares the landlord's wife's posts, Steven's known activity, etc., making some excellent analysis with a map to help make his points. Very good, except that when he makes the point that her posts talk about SK and LL discussing a plan "a few days before SK went missing", he then points out that there are no phone conversations between SK and LL, according to the phone records, so they must have met in person. It's part of a larger point, but this is really weak, at least given the phone records that he displays, which only start on.....the 10th! "A few days", at least to me, could certainly mean up to a week and, I'd think, might be well over a week to some people. Now, maybe the actual phone records show no contact well before the 10th, but we'd have to go back and dig those out.

At any rate, I do think this video is worth watching, but I'd love to have a sit-down with Arrin and have him flesh out some of the details.

17. fridaybaker

Finished watching the Stoner video on the landlord. Excellent!

18. fridaybaker

..."they cared about him so much, but after a few weeks of nonstop posting (Websleuths and Slickdeals), nothing."

One of his points is showing how the LL's wife often seems to be "projecting" her own/their life onto Steven's situation. Very convincing, I think.

I believe everyone, including family and LE, know who is involved in this murder. They just need enough evidence to prove it. And, on that note, remember all the "evidence" in the BB garage? Unfortunately, all thrown out on a technicality. They better have solid evidence in this case, or it will go the way of the garage loaded with stolen vehicle, drugs, and guns.

Cannelure, Evilxelvis138 and Laughing like this.
  19. fridaybaker

Sorry for the power posting, but just watched the Stoner video where he re-enacted Steven's last steps: Drove to Anthem, parked where Steven did, walked the route, measured, etc. He did an amazing job of parking exactly where Steven did, considering where Stevens' vehicle was situated amid the cracks in the asphalt according to photos. (Apparently it's evident that these same cracks still exist after all these years.)

However, he makes an interesting point: When parking his car as Steven had parked his, he thought it looked very "random". It wasn't very close to the curb on any side, nor was it parked parallel to the curb, or at a neat angle. Very random.

Stoner's conclusion is that this means that Steven likely didn't mean to be long. He was likely delivering something, rather than planning on being at a meeting or event, appointment, etc. Like he was just going to hand something to someone and be off again.

That begs the question, though: As has been discussed much previously on this thread, why did Steven not just park in front of his destination? Those two things, in my mind, are sort of contradictory. Unless, of course, he didn't want the recipient of his hand-off to know his vehicle?

Anyone else have some thoughts on this?

20. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

Re: parking.

The streets in the area do not look very wide. Maybe the area forbids parking on the street, and whoever Mr. Koecher was planning to meet explained this?

I don't remember reading that about Anthem, can anyone else recall?

jmho ymmv lrr