NV NV - Steven Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #22

As someone who has followed this case for some time, I am very appreciative of any feedback surrounding it. And I consider myself a constitutionalist regarding rights and proper procedures too. However, if, just if, a potential homicide had occurred on your property, or my property, to which we certainly were not the offender, and considering ourselves to be on the side of justice, do we not have a civic duty to help investigators, who only seek to assist law enforcement anyway? As you may be aware, cold cases have been solved with the help of private investigators.

You mention your appreciation of efforts to shed more light on this case, but that it may hinder an “ongoing investigation.” In a cold case such as this, an ongoing investigation isn't taking place, or the jurisdictions involved would not have released police reports via FOIA requests. Experience tells me thus far, HPD is not pursuing this case. I could be wrong though. And any integrity in it has waned, unless of course you know something I don't. In addition, it is apparent, isn't it, the perpetrator most certainly has already evaded capture and subsequent prosecution so far? In other words, the perpetrator has gotten away with murder. Unless you believe Steven is not dead.

Regarding Mr. Knapp, the only involvement Mr. Knapp had in this case, was his willingness to help get this story on the air, again. His credentials speak for him by themself. Once more, you speak of an “ongoing investigation” as if there is one. You fear speculation, and unverified claims, may distract from, or compromise it. Can you verify for all of us here there is an “ongoing investigation?” Your concern for integrity in the case is valid, but untimely. One only has to recall how this investigation was handled from the beginning, almost 14 years ago. A rather disharmonic investigation if you ask me. I have first-hand knowledge that the actual investigation was delayed for two weeks. Recall, it was very near the Christmas holiday. To conclude, I stand ready and willing to entertain an audience of law enforcement personnel to discuss this case. My question is, are they?

I appreciate your thoughtful response and your dedication to finding justice in this case. I agree with you that, in an ideal world, everyone would cooperate fully to help law enforcement in any investigation, particularly in a case as serious as a potential homicide. However, in reality, the legal processes and rights are there to protect everyone involved, and they need to be respected.

As for the ongoing investigation, I apologize if there was any confusion. I don't have any direct knowledge about the current status of the case. My concerns were more general, and based on the principles of respecting due process and potential legal complications that could arise from certain actions.

Regarding Mr. Knapp, my aim wasn't to discredit his reputation or his involvement in this case. Rather, I was pointing out that his public persona could potentially influence the perception of the case due to his well-known work in speculative areas. This is not a judgment on his character or his work, but simply a consideration of how his involvement might be perceived by others.

Once again, I appreciate your dedication to this case and your willingness to engage in this discussion. I hope that we can continue to have a productive dialogue about this important matter.

ADMIN NOTE:

Hey everyone,

Just a note that over time WS has only had one verified member in Steven's case and that is Naegle - Verified insider & family spokesperson (who has not posted in a long time for whatever reason). It has never been brought to our attention until now that we have others posting "inside information" but who have not applied for or been approved as Verified members.

For members who wish to post as a case insider, it is required that you be Verified through Websleuths Verification process in order to state case information as fact without having to provide links. Otherwise, as a regular member of Websleuths, approved source links are required to all info stated as fact (i.e. MSM, LE, legal docs, etc).

The following post by Tricia explains why Websleuths has this process in place and how to apply:

We aren't going to go back all those years to remove inside info that was posted by a non VI, but going forward, posts with inside info will be removed until such time as Verification has been applied for and approved.

Thank you for your understanding, and Thank You to everyone who is here to discuss Steven's case.

Last edited:
Anyone know what, if anything, is preventing MDs residence(s) outside of Henderson (Pahrump area I believe) from getting someone with cadaver dogs to check out the properties (assuming by now someone else owns them)?

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that @Glovey has now been verified, both as a Private Investigator and as an insider in Steven's case. As a VI, they are not required to provide links to what they state as fact about their knowledge of the case.

Please treat WS Verified members with respect at all times without bickering with them or badgering them for information. If there is something you disagree with, just make a mental note and move on. It is always up to members how much weight they wish to assign to information presented.

Thank you to Glovey and all others who are here to try to determine what happened to Steven Koecher.

I want to thank Sillybilly, and the Websleuths staff, for getting me verified. Two colleagues and I have been investigating the Koecher disappearance since 2017. I have read many, many posts here. Some from the very beginning. Many have reached some of the same conclusions we have. The clues are all there. I would be very interested in hearing other serious theories. I have mine. I believe this case is solvable, and we are doing our best to that end. LE needs to hear from us. We want this case reopened. I have written both the County District Attorney, and the Nevada Attorney General. Both included pertinent circumstantial evidence to reopen the case. The message I received back, was a deflection back to Henderson Police. We are all concerned citizens here, and that carries some weight. Someone has gotten away with murdering Steven. If there is anyone who has case pertinent information, please feel free to contact me in a private message, if you're not comfortable sharing it here.

Glovey.

With Rex Heuermann being investigated for potential victims in Las Vegas, I just want to point out that the cell phone pings from SK’s phone came from a corner which is a 6 minute drive to the timeshare RH had in Vegas. I wonder if RH was in Vegas that week.

I want to thank Sillybilly, and the Websleuths staff, for getting me verified. Two colleagues and I have been investigating the Koecher disappearance since 2017. I have read many, many posts here. Some from the very beginning. Many have reached some of the same conclusions we have. The clues are all there. I would be very interested in hearing other serious theories. I have mine. I believe this case is solvable, and we are doing our best to that end. LE needs to hear from us. We want this case reopened. I have written both the County District Attorney, and the Nevada Attorney General. Both included pertinent circumstantial evidence to reopen the case. The message I received back, was a deflection back to Henderson Police. We are all concerned citizens here, and that carries some weight. Someone has gotten away with murdering Steven. If there is anyone who has case pertinent information, please feel free to contact me in a private message, if you're not comfortable sharing it here.

Glovey.
do you have some sort of consolidated repository of evidence that could be perused publicly?

The thing is, if he was killed in one of the houses, why wouldn’t the perp move his car ? Dump it somewhere? Then he likely never would have been tied to that neighborhood
The perp possibly considered such an attempt but that would leave him open to potential witnesses or leaving DNA evidence on the vehicle. The key is on the cell phone. He was likely lured there by a predator and told to park where he did. When the police mentioned a woman in the neighborhood talked about a strange neighbor, it might have been a sexual predator. I would look for sex offenders or possibly a predilection towards men to narrow down that search. He was completely unprepared to be wandering into strange people’s homes.

Last edited:
Where’d you see that?
Achhh! You would ask that! I’ll go back and look some to see if I can find it. I may just be dreaming, though.

On a related note, I’ve noticed several authors on this site. One that comes to mind is the Miyazawa case. If any here are unfamiliar with it, maybe check it out. It’s fascinating, but horrifying. The author who posts there thinks he may have solved it. I hope so. It’s been quite the rabbit hole for me, though- fair warning!

Okay, off to find out about our Glovey…

Hey everyone....New here, I popped over from Reddit as I wasn't a fan of the direction most discussions were heading there (plus so many rules & regulations surrounding discussions) and find that a lot of you are far more receptive to different, opposing views so hopefully I can add something of value here and be welcomed with open arms..as much as that is possible online..lol.

I have been both fascinated and disturbed by Steven's case as of recently and can't seem to fathom what might have happened to him in what seems like such a short amount of time he was at the neighbourhood that day.

I don't think it's entirely out of the realm of possibility that he really was just looking for more window washing clients and that area seemed like a more lucrative place to do so due to the upkeep and maintenance those homes would constantly need (plus I believe it was reported that one of the neighbours at the time spoke to a guy who came to their door talking about his window washing service and what they offer but they declined), and seemingly Steven must have left to go back to his car or the next door.

In my opinion he noped out of the hunt for new clients pretty quick and headed back to his car to grab lunch or rest -at least from what I've seen from the security cam footage. So it's likely he had the one appointment that day or went to one house on his own accord, and it would explain him being non-chalant about turning back earlier to help out his friend at church as the door-to-door plans could be easily put on hold for the afternoon.

As for the road trips I believe at that point he was avoiding being home back in St. George as he would be there by himself and would've rather been out. By all accounts the landlord gave Steve's roommate at the time (Jordan) major creeps to the point he moved out at night without any notice. Good for him, btw, I completely believe him about everything he has said about the landlord and am glad he went with his instincts. In this particular case it may have been where Steven went wrong. I also can't help but feel very sad for him (I know it's by no fault of Jordan's as he is well within his rights to move and understand him and Steven weren't particularly good friends, but maybe cordial on occasion). I just can't help but feel for this naive guy still being there on his own with a character who was let's just say complete opposite in personality and possibly argumentative and bossy about Steve's accumulated overdue rent payments. So being unemployed I believe Steven took the opportunity to head out of state and maybe find areas he could go door-to-door to hopefully get more work/clients for his boss.

I'm really unsure up into this point of why he may disappeared or what events may have led to his subsequent disappearance that day. It's truly bizarre and feels like he had no reason to be going missing, and I don't think it's particularly violent in nature or completely the fault of just one individual. He was very work focused at the time so it's possible he got lured into something under coercion believing it was a legitimate job opportunity but turned out to be something major he didn't really want to let anyone in on and so he seems missing but simply went out of touch.

The only other things I can think of is possibly joining another community in the LV area and dumping his phone or simply a voluntary walk away for some unknown reasons. I don't think he was able to conjure up some master plan for going missing and just ended up somewhere where he's fallen out of touch unfortunately and has passed away.

The way I see it he was already pretty missing on the days before he was actually reported but his behaviour didn't indicate anything too out of the ordinary or unusual or stressful. By the way, has anyone else picked up on the fact there is an LDS church in Overton? I wonder if he stopped off there to check it out.

I do really hope he's found one day for his family's sake and for those of us who wish him alive and well, but I'm not sure of our chances currently. I do feel for his circumstances before he was declared missing and can't help but think he just wanted an out but still tried to keep some of his promises of getting new clients or finding work before the fact, so I don't find his behaviour too unusual at all. I did come up with a scenario of him trying to sell his car in the neighbourhood that day but I had too many holes in that theory so I've decided to essentially dump it now.

Anyway, hope y'all have a good day and let me know if you have any thoughts.

My fellow sleuths, the book is legitimate. I’m told a paperback version is on the way. In it, there appears to be a totality of the case so far. Much of what we fellow sleuths have already known is in it, and yet, some of what was not known, is in there too, i.e., some police reports, and actual transcribed interviews with persons of interest. This work comes across as a conglomerate of all the clues, containing all the puzzle pieces, only needing to be positioned in a proper order, then re-investigated by LE as a homicide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back