NV NV - Steven Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #22

Okay, I'll just say it. Someone one here said that this person, AJ, is "Legit" or some similar statement -that she has family in the area. However, when I google that name, I come up with a role in what I assume is the 2015 version of Hitchcock's "Psycho", "Bates Motel". Odd, no?

Okay, I'll just say it. Someone one here said that this person, AJ, is "Legit" or some similar statement -that she has family in the area. However, when I google that name, I come up with a role in what I assume is the 2015 version of Hitchcock's "Psycho", "Bates Motel". Odd, no?
I didn’t say she was legit, I was just stating that in fact she is using her real name and really does live in the area in which Steve disappeared from, most people on YouTube hide behind fake names, that’s all.

Does anyone on here know anything about Namus? I just checked Steven’s profile and it was updated again on 6/4/18. I know it may be nothing but why would it be updated on 5/30/18 and then again on 6/4/18 if there’s nothing new involving the case? Last year a case I had been following for years was solved and one indication we got before it was announced was that the person’s Namus page, which hadn’t changed in years, suddenly was updated and a week later we got official word that the case had been solved.

What were the changes?

It's been so long and still nothing regarding Steven. This is one of the few cases I really care about. Wish I could help in some way.

Whoever checked the voicemail IMO wanted to make sure that previous voicemail recordings weren't saved on the device. This leads me to believe that someone is involved with whom SK has exchanged phone calls and from whom he has received voicemails before.

A whole lot of activity phonewise from the LL on the day of disappearance which makes me feel like some sort of agreement probably had taken place regarding making money to pay outstanding debt. IMO probably not a normal legal job/work since he would have otherwise mentioned this to his friends/family/the ex-gf's family etc. or during the last phone calls. The fact that he told nobody and yet was travelling so much leads me to believe that he didn't want them to know the kind of work he was doing.

LL's wife mentioned early on in this thread that her husband would travel a lot for work and sleep in his car sometimes to avoid paying for hotels. Considering the shaving kit, pillows etc in SK's car that sounds a whole lot like what SK was doing. Possible connection? What well paying legal job makes someone prefer to sleep in a car instead of a hotel? That doesn't seem right.

The fact that he showed up at the ex-gf's house during the mystery travel to me means that he was up there for something related to a possible agreement/job/work thing he had and since it was close enough probably to a connection he had he stopped by.

I don't believe he disappeared voluntarily. Nothing points to that IMO. The motive IMO is money issues so I'm sure you can follow what I think happened.

It's been way to long. Hoping this gets solved.

Swjaxon, were you able to get the federal court documents?
I just realized that you probably edited the documents in. I wasn't sure whether there was more maybe but it's definitely more than eye opening to put it mildly.

Looking at the mystery travel map again I believe that he probably drove to Orem and maybe even Layton and Salt Lake. Once he was up there before heading back I think he went to visit his ex-gf since it was close enough to the area and he probably wanted to rest before driving all the way back. I don't think he drove up there specifically for that meeting without announcing it to her first. I think once he was in the Orem area it just seemed like a good stop after a lot of driving. The connection to Orem seems obvious to anybody following the case long enough, I don't need to spell this out again. It's frustrating that this doesn't seem to have been investigated further.

He must have gotten into a car in the Anthem neighborhood. Have any searches been conducted around the last ping locations?

upload_2018-7-17_19-29-20.png

There is White School Park for example that should probably be searched. Also there is a LDS church in that area around the pings. Possibly just a co-incident of course, but it was Sunday and he was wearing a dress shirt. Maybe enough to at least ask over there whether someone has seen him. (Not sure whether LDS members would go to other temples while travelling for example or not?).

The other option which would be more in line with the earlier mystery travel assumption is that he was indeed delivering prescription pills in the Henderson area. Was possibly picked up by someone in the Anthem community and drove with someone else to Whitney Ranch area for delivery. The dress shirt could have just been a sign that he did plan to return to St. George for the church service that evening? So maybe a check with youth centers or care centers in the area would make sense to see whether he was there to deliver anything that day. Of course by now a long time has gone by.

At this point he needs to be found or a direct connection needs to become obvious to people he knew and this specific Anthem community. Another option would just be to check LL's ping locations on the same day but without any other evidence that wouldn't be done of course.

Hoping for answers!!!

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-17_19-28-45.png
    upload_2018-7-17_19-28-45.png
    192.8 KB · Views: 7
So I have a question, not sure if it’s been brought up here or not. I don’t exactly know how cell phone pings work but why did Steven’s phone never ping in the area he was last seen? The closest ping to his last known location is approximately nine miles away at Arroyo Grande/American Pacific cross section. Did he not have his phone on him when he went to Sun City Anthem? Did he take out the battery so he couldn’t be tracked during that time? There is a huge chunk of his day where his phone wasn’t pinging.

I’m bored at work today so here’s another question that I’m sure has been discussed but I think needs further looking into.

How do we actually know that was Steven in the surveillance video? What if the video is actually someone dumping his car in a quiet area hoping it wouldn’t be found for a while? Steven’s family said they thought it was him in the video but couldn’t be 100% positive due to the poor quality of the video. Maybe police haven’t found his body (I’m assuming he’s passed) because the only area they have really looked into is the area where his car was found and he’s actually somewhere else in the Las Vegas area?

It seems as though once Steven's father passed away, his family became very quiet with Steven's case. Maybe the grief was too much at that point? I know his dad was a huge voice in keeping the search for Steven in the media, so maybe with his dad's passing, he also lost his biggest advocate for finding him.

If I had a loved one that was missing, that person's face would be my profile and background picture on social media. I don't say that to judge, just as an observation. I looked up several of his family members on FB and you see nothing but happy, smiling pictures. Not a peep or mention of Steven. Just made me sad for him. I hope his family has not given up on getting justice for him.

I hope this is ok to mention, not sure. Fast Eddie's podcast (Unfound) has mentioned this, and I remember reading either a news report a couple of years ago, or a summary of one, mentioning that Steven's ll had been arrested for possession of vehicles stolen from a car dealer in AZ, and some stolen/forged vehicle license plates, and possibly some other charges. I can't find it anywhere on the web now, except possibly the 'Sitcomsonline' site, but my antivirus is giving me a red flag on that. Does anyone remember a source for this? Thanks!

It seems as though once Steven's father passed away, his family became very quiet with Steven's case. Maybe the grief was too much at that point? I know his dad was a huge voice in keeping the search for Steven in the media, so maybe with his dad's passing, he also lost his biggest advocate for finding him.

If I had a loved one that was missing, that person's face would be my profile and background picture on social media. I don't say that to judge, just as an observation. I looked up several of his family members on FB and you see nothing but happy, smiling pictures. Not a peep or mention of Steven. Just made me sad for him. I hope his family has not given up on getting justice for him.
I agree, missarmchair. When Steven's dad died he lost his biggest advocate. It seems like no one else has taken on the role of advocating for Steven - he needs someone to be his voice, to take to the media and put pressure on LE to solve this case. I'm not judging his family, I know it must be very painful and difficult for them...I can't even imagine being in their shoes. But I hope that someday, someone finds the strength to be loud in the media and make sure Steven isn't forgotten. It's very possible they still call LE for updates and make sure that at least the detectives don't forget about him, even if they don't like dealing with media.

I’m bored at work today so here’s another question that I’m sure has been discussed but I think needs further looking into.

How do we actually know that was Steven in the surveillance video? What if the video is actually someone dumping his car in a quiet area hoping it wouldn’t be found for a while? Steven’s family said they thought it was him in the video but couldn’t be 100% positive due to the poor quality of the video. Maybe police haven’t found his body (I’m assuming he’s passed) because the only area they have really looked into is the area where his car was found and he’s actually somewhere else in the Las Vegas area?

The video quality was poor, so it was difficult to tell. However, the last photo that the family released of Steven was from Thanksgiving '09. He appeared to have a more stocky build. I'm not judging, it's just what it looks like in the photo. Two weeks later, the individual in the video seems slimmer. It could be the quality of the video that distorts it. Also, the folder appears quite large to me. Some have said it is a small folder with resumes, but it looks bigger than that. There really is not other way to tell who is in that video.

I agree, missarmchair. When Steven's dad died he lost his biggest advocate. It seems like no one else has taken on the role of advocating for Steven - he needs someone to be his voice, to take to the media and put pressure on LE to solve this case. I'm not judging his family, I know it must be very painful and difficult for them...I can't even imagine being in their shoes. But I hope that someday, someone finds the strength to be loud in the media and make sure Steven isn't forgotten. It's very possible they still call LE for updates and make sure that at least the detectives don't forget about him, even if they don't like dealing with media.

It could be because all of the siblings except for the youngest have families. Also, some may have accepted his fate. For example, his brother Dallin said in an interview that in his heart he believes that Steven is gone. Another thing is that no other piece of evidence has resurfaced. But still, I agree that somebody in the family should advocate for Steven.

The video quality was poor, so it was difficult to tell. However, the last photo that the family released of Steven was from Thanksgiving '09. He appeared to have a more stocky build. I'm not judging, it's just what it looks like in the photo. Two weeks later, the individual in the video seems slimmer. It could be the quality of the video that distorts it. Also, the folder appears quite large to me. Some have said it is a small folder with resumes, but it looks bigger than that. There really is not other way to tell who is in that video.
Good points, Tim. I've never really looked at the surveillance video with a suspicious eye before, but your comment made me think. I've always thought that the guy in the video looked like Steven, but like almost everyone here, I don't know him. The Charley Project page says he was 5'10" ot 5'11", 180 lbs, which gives him barely an 'overweight' designation. Of course, when I was younger, I was 'overweight', but I had some muscle, and so could have Steven. I noticed the video picture is pretty high contrast and the light shines on his pants in such a way that there is a significant shadow vertically down each leg, which seems to make them look slimmer, so it's hard to be sure how 'hefty' 'Steven' was there. I still tend to think it's him. I believe his phone pinged in the SSA neighborhood at that time and it would make sense that someone luring him into the neighborhood would have him park where he did. But it would also make sense that a perp dumping the car might park it in a similar spot to avoid irritating a homeowner into reporting it by parking directly in front of his house. Thanks for the food for thought.
Video:
Pic of Steven:
1374097_396584497137798_410366181_n.jpg

Good points, Tim. I've never really looked at the surveillance video with a suspicious eye before, but your comment made me think. I've always thought that the guy in the video looked like Steven, but like almost everyone here, I don't know him. The Charley Project page says he was 5'10" ot 5'11", 180 lbs, which gives him barely an 'overweight' designation. Of course, when I was younger, I was 'overweight', but I had some muscle, and so could have Steven. I noticed the video picture is pretty high contrast and the light shines on his pants in such a way that there is a significant shadow vertically down each leg, which seems to make them look slimmer, so it's hard to be sure how 'hefty' 'Steven' was there. I still tend to think it's him. I believe his phone pinged in the SSA neighborhood at that time and it would make sense that someone luring him into the neighborhood would have him park where he did. But it would also make sense that a perp dumping the car might park it in a similar spot to avoid irritating a homeowner into reporting it by parking directly in front of his house. Thanks for the food for thought.
Video:
Pic of Steven:
1374097_396584497137798_410366181_n.jpg

His phone never pinged in the Sun City Anthem neighborhood, the closest ping was approx. nine miles away and was several hours after he stopped and parked his car. (See attachment: North Arroyo Grande Boulevard was the closest ping to area where his car was left, it’s approx. nine miles away) This leads me to think either Steven was never in that neighborhood (someone else was driving his car and left it there) or Steven did indeed drive into the neighborhood and left his car and then left the neighborhood by another means of transportation. According to the ping map his phone never pinged between 10 am-4:30 pm the day he went missing. What was he doing all those hours?

I’m looking at the theory that it wasn’t him in the video because after all of these years no other theory has made sense.

Attachments

• Steven ping.jpg
    Steven ping.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 4
Hi Sassy....I think both (it's him and it's not him) are worth considering. I tend think it was him and he got into another vehicle, and that he was coerced or tricked into SSA either due to indebtedness to his ll, or that the ll (who has a doubious history) wanted him out of the way due to something SK knew...

Above snipped by me for space...has the person in the white suv been identified?????????????? ---- it's shown twice in the clip ---- once @ 0:32 seconds - shortly after suv passes, the person is seen walking the opposite direction (so the suv would have passed right by the walker) the person passes the view of the camera and appears to turn (left) off the sidewalk, next (0:52 seconds) the white suv obviously turned around because it returns and appears to pull over where the person walking (Steven??) turns off the sidewalk away from the white suv.

Something tells me this has been discussed at great lengths...because IF that is Steven walking, that SUV is some hinky right there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back