GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if she was hit by a bullet from the gun her son had? Possibly. jmo idk

that's why it will be ''interesting'' to see what autopsy results are and what other stray bullet evidence LE gathers MOO

son had 9mm

What if she was hit by a bullet from the gun her son had? Possibly. jmo idk

I doubt it. He said she was standing behind him.

I feel the shooter used a semi-automatic and bullet casings were left at the edge of the driveway and that is how the police know the shooter fired several shots with one striking the mom. The son's gun automatically ejects the casing as well so LE could see two different areas where each casings landed. Casings of possibly a different type would be found in the area closer to the road and the son's casings would be found more in the general area closer to the house.

I think that is one of the reason why the police know they are looking for a shooter of the mother. They also may have found small pieces of shattered glass near the end of the driveway or flecks of paint/metal that flew off if the son was able to shoot into the car door etc.

I think LE knows a lot from the crime scene and from the bullet possibly removed from her skull at time of autopsy. By now I think they have a pretty good idea what type of weapon the rage road killer used at the scene.

IMO

I recall in MSM that LE stated that BM was ''legal'' in terms of being rightful owner of his gun.....

Thank you, newone. Yes I read that his handgun was a legally registered gun. Which means he went through the FBI criminal background check when he purchased it.

The older I get, the more I realize I do not know, there are very many grey areas in real life. I am absolutely confident, however, that I will never be shot and killed after riding around my neighborhood with one of children and our gun, looking for someone "who done me wrong" or "threatened me."

I was wondering - I haven't seen any comments from neighbors or anyone else in MSM about hearing a shootout or argument or anything from the night this happened. Admittedly it was 11:30 (?) or so on a weeknight but houses are close together in the neighborhood. And it's Vegas people work a all hours. I used to live near this neighborhood. It's pretty quiet at this time of night. Also odd is that local news usually talks to neighbors when incidents this outrageous happen. JMO. But curious to me.

Well Tammy was definitely shot. So someone had to have heard something. I'm more curious to know if anyone witnessed any cars chasing each other. I am in Vegas too. I am not familiar with that part of Buffalo or the area around there. I know some parts have a lot of businesses and traffic even on a weeknight near midnight. If there was two cars road raging, I think someone would've witnessed it or it would've been caught on surveillance.

Lilacstarz,

I have been wondering the same thing. In my ordinary middle-class neighborhood you can barely take a recycling bin to the curb without curious people peering out from behind curtains, let alone have cars roaring in and out of driveways, car doors slamming, shots fired etc. -- seems odd that police didn't mention interviewing witnesses as part of their investigation. Midnight is not all that late.

Okay...is it just me or does this seem strange?

ETA...the more I think about it - yes...this is darn strange! Hmmm.....Maybe he feels confident that there will never be an arrest? Things just keep getting weirder and weirder in this case.
SABBM

Just... wow. Maybe he has an idea about how this went down and why ? LE NEED to talk to him, asap.
Good sleuthing, Gypsy road !!!
:moo:

If mom was practicing a driving lesson w/daughter I wonder if the school had any security cameras on their parking lot. Anything been verified about the son having a criminal background?

I usually mentally try to put myself in the other person's shoes to get a feel for how I might react in a given situation.

This is a hard one for me.
In trying to wrap my mind around this I can't think of a scenario where I would want or encourage my son to go with or without me into a situation where a confrontation could happen. I was always preaching avoiding a fight, argument, danger, etc. So, right there is a stumper for me.

I am also trying to imagine where I would begin to drive in search of a gray car in my neighborhood. I'm in a quiet neighborhood with lots of cul-de-sacs and residential streets. If I saw a gray car, (which is common) how would I know it was "the one". Upon finding this car, what did this pair do? Confront them? Just say "there it is" and drive back home? What was the point in finding it, especially when 911 was not even called. When the gray car followed them back home was this car not noticed and wouldn't someone call the police immediately? Or did it arrive later, in which case they would have (supposedly) already gone inside their home. If not, why wold they be hanging around in the front yard upon arriving back after their search.

So many questions.

In my mind I question the whole driving lesson story. I even wonder if mom was out in a car at all or if she left the house upon hearing something going on in the front yard between the son and someone else and got between them and a bullet.
SABBM

OF all of the scenarios that have been put forth, your last sentence sounds the most likely. I'm starting to think there may not be any grey/silver sedan at all -- or if there was--the perp(s) were known to the Meyers.

SABBM

OF all of the scenarios that have been put forth, your last sentence sounds the most likely. I'm starting to think there may not be any grey/silver sedan at all -- or if there was--the perp(s) were known to the Meyers.

hard to believe that car could not be described by a 20 something isn't it??

I think you may be onto something it is ''known'' just not revealed MOO

By all indications the family was very into cars and the car enthusiasts I know can tell a Camry from an Accord from a Fusion practically with their eyes closed, let alone identify more exotic vehicles. It's just instinctive in them to notice the brand ID. So it does seem odd that between the teen and the 20-something brother, they haven't narrowed down the make & model enough for the police to issue some sort of BOLO to the public. Do we know if it's been said to bear Nevada plates?

ITA. Especially if they went to specifically look for the guy, ended up following his car for while (according to some reports), how is that they didn't notice at least a partial license plate number?

SABBM

There is a surveillance video of the sedan so it was there.

By all indications the family was very into cars and the car enthusiasts I know can tell a Camry from an Accord from a Fusion practically with their eyes closed, let alone identify more exotic vehicles. It's just instinctive in them to notice the brand ID. So it does seem odd that between the teen and the 20-something brother, they haven't narrowed down the make & model enough for the police to issue some sort of BOLO to the public. Do we know if it's been said to bear Nevada plates?

bbm: no mention of plates -- but the driver had hazel eyes......and spiked dirty blond hair.....

a guy noticing eye color but not plate or type of car hmmmmmmm

and then there is the ''auditory'' clues too.....you can tell what kind of car it is on a quiet cul de sac....at night ...usually

hard to believe that car could not be described by a 20 something isn't it??

I think you may be onto something it is ''known'' just not revealed MOO

Very hard to believe! And if the only description was grey/silver sedan, just how did they expect to find it? As if there could only be ONE? Makes no sense at all.

There is a surveillance video of the sedan so it was there.

yes....we don't know exactly where that security video came from.....does anyone notice the ''spot light'' coming from the driver's side....(hand held like cab driver or pizza guy might use to find address)

I find the new version of the story a lot stranger than the first one.
At least if the guy followed them home after a confrontation, that made sense.
But now the guy went on his way, they gone home and went out looking for him.
How did they find him? Why did they go looking for him to begin with? What were they planning on doing?
They followed him, then stopped and went back home? Why? Then he followed them? They didn't notice he was following them?
They have a description of a guy but no license plate number, even though they supposedly found his car and followed it for some period of time?
Why did he follow them?
So many questions, so few answers.

I find the new version of the story a lot stranger than the first one.
At least if the guy followed them home after a confrontation, that made sense.
But now the guy went on his way, they gone home and went out looking for him.
How did they find him? Why did they go looking for him to begin with? What were they planning on doing?
They followed him, then stopped and went back home? Why? Then he followed them? They didn't notice he was following them?
They have a description of a guy but no license plate number, even though they supposedly found his car and followed it for some period of time?
Why did he follow them?

So many questions, so few answers.

did they exchange words, menacing words or gestures??? or challenge?

I don't know why this case is gripping me so much. In part I think it's annoyance with the MSM which tends to latch onto a narrative they like ("mom of 4 killed by road rager" was the first CNN banner I saw) and then fail to correct themselves when the facts begin to emerge and the story line shifts.

Also just the notion of someone piling into a car and setting off at midnight to find a single specific vehicle amid the hubbub of Las Vegas is so far-fetched... really piques my curiosity.

Bob Meyer's said he was 400 miles away in California... anyone know where? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288