NV - Toni Davis, 60, Dayton, 28 April 2016

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by los2188, May 3, 2016.

1. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

2. Loading...

3. KayElJay

KayElJay Moderator Staff Member Moderator

4. klily444

klily444 New Member

5. klily444

klily444 New Member

This area is rural. I really have no idea where she could have gone on foot, unless she planned to disappear and had help. If her disappearance is not suspicious, I wouldn't be surprised to find her seeking shelter in Reno. She couldn't stay in Mark Twain without being found. There is only one grocery store, etc. I worry as there a lot of people on parole/with a colourful past in that area. One other possibility is that Hwy 50 is right there. She could have hitched a ride with a trucker to anywhere. Not much is being released but I noticed the verbiage in the flyer from the sheriffs office was very carefully worded.

6. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Foul Play suspected

[​IMG]

Deputies are now looking for the 60-year-old's truck (seen in the photos above). It's silver and blue with license plate number 800-UPT. Authorities are asking anyone who may have seen the truck on April 28 between 5:00 pm and 8:00 pm in the Mark Twain area of Dayton, the Six Mile Canyon area, Mound House or Reno to contact them. Detectives said there's also a possibility the truck went off road in or around the Virginia City area.

http://mynews4.com/news/local/lyon-...ves-suspect-foul-play-in-womans-disappearance

7. klily444

klily444 New Member

When she was reported missing, it was reported she left on foot. Now LE has realized her truck is missing. It sounds like they have a lot of evidence. The canyon is very vast...it would take some time to locate the truck unless they were searching from the air. I really don't think there will be a good outcome here, and when there is an arrest I believe it will be two people not one. There would be no way to get home after ditching the truck otherwise. There's no Uber or anything like that. In fact I have never had cell service in Six Mile, Mark Twain, and Virginia City.

8. klily444

klily444 New Member

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=494622784078156&id=145496622324109

Lyon County Sheriff's Office FB page press release is different from what the media is reporting. I trust LE's words over the media. Two things:
    1. LE never stated it was Toni's car pictured that they are looking for. It could be anyone's
    2. LE never stated they are looking for the car. They only stated they are looking for people who saw the car on the 28th.

Things to keep in mind.

9. KayElJay

KayElJay Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The disappearance of Toni Davis consumed most of our resources this week. Toni lives in the Mark Twain area of Dayton and we believe foul play is involved in this case. Her disappearance from her home occurred sometime on Thursday, April 28th between the hours of 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. We also believe she is somewhere in the Virginia Range of Storey and Lyon counties.

This area is extremely difficult to search and is like looking for “a needle in a haystack.” We are asking for the public’s help, although the exact investigation details cannot yet be released. We are hoping someone saw the vehicle of interest in the Virginia Range during that specific time period. Pictures of this vehicle are posted on the LCSO Facebook page. Even if you may have seen a similar truck coming off a dirt road or trail, we want to know about it. That information can help us narrow the search area. While we continue to pray for Toni and her family, we also pray that the individual who knows the location helps us find Toni so we can bring her home.

https://www.facebook.com/1454966223...5496622324109/495688910638210/?type=3&theater

10. klily444

klily444 New Member

11. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

http://www.rgj.com/story/news/local...harged-killing-missing-dayton-woman/84553464/

12. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Active Member

13. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Active Member

Dayton man sentenced to life in prison

http://www.rgj.com/story/news/local/leader-courier/2017/12/07/dayton-man-sentenced-life-prison/933476001/