Identified! NV - Washoe Co., WhtFem 156UFNV, 25-35, Sheep's Flat Trail, Jul'82 Mary Edith Silvani

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by Emmie, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Al Ka

Al Ka Well-Known Member

You all have made me bite my nails by this mystery conversation here lol. After very long search I have found out that mystery post seems to be gone from DDP FB page.

So anyone want to share loosely what that post said and/or why was it spooky?

(For others) Link to DNA Doe Project FB page and FB thread of Identified Sheep Flat JD DNA Doe Project

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    folieadeuxnola, Ixi and whatsnext like this.
  2. crystal72

crystal72 Member

I took a screenshot of it because it was so odd. This is exactly what it said except I’m not posting the phone number

“ DI wish stuff could’ve went differently I can regret how old the last time we talked with Joanne I do still do and always thought you were the coolest ladies in Reno hopefully someday you’ll forgive me I miss talking to you take care my number still 775-::::::: see you”

booghawk, Al Ka and folieadeuxnola like this.
  3. leilarose68

leilarose68 Well-Known Member

The comment by the man that supposedly knew Jane Doe is reminiscent of a couple troll posts that used to be on the FindaGrave page for Lyle Stevik. The 'I wish things could have went differently' and referencing another person they both knew. Similar.

4. crystal72

crystal72 Member

It’s hard to say if it’s just a troll or someone who actually knew her-however if it turns out her name is Joanne & he’s not to be a relative or close to a relative of hers it would be really strange. I guess we won’t know unless they publicly identify her

carbuff and booghawk like this.
  5. Lewie

Lewie Active Member

If that post is
    I do believe it’s a troll, but if it’s real, I suppose it could mean they’ve notified next of kin and word is getting around to those who knew her.

She does look like she could be a “Joanne” though!

carbuff, crystal72 and folieadeuxnola like this.
  6. Charlie99909

Charlie99909 Retired Mt. Rose Researcher

I’m very excited to hear any news on this case and I feel that DDP is an amazing team. I support all of their future endeavors.

7. Owutatangledweb

Owutatangledweb Well-Known Member

The third-party friend is Joanne.

carbuff likes this.
  8. Spindlebrook

Spindlebrook New Member

That’s correct, the poster is implying that “DI” is the Jane Doe, which could possibly mean Diane, Diana, or the initials of D.I.

rats likes this.
  9. Two for the road

Two for the road Well-Known Member

Looks like Margaret Press commented and said it was a troll and the comment was auto deleted by Facebook and DDP banned him. So mystery solved.

10. Lewie

Lewie Active Member

I interpreted it differently. I read “DI” as a typo that was supposed to be “I” and we could’ve been referring to he and the UID talked Joanne (3rd party) or referring to he and friend/wife/family talked to Joanne (UID).

Anyhow. Not important. The guy seems to be a troll. I just thought CarlKs most recent reconstruction looks like a Joanne. I’d be VERY surprised if that actually turned out to be her name.

carbuff likes this.
  11. Lewie

Lewie Active Member

I thought that was interesting. She also said he just started swearing... did anyone see that?

12. folieadeuxnola

folieadeuxnola Miami-Dade Jane Doe - 1979

Lewie .... no worries I understood what you meant and it was appareant that it was troll... trolls come out when their is a lot excitement

carbuff likes this.
  13. booghawk

booghawk Well-Known Member

I didn't see that, I had commented on his post and never got a notification of anything else, weird!

14. crystal72

crystal72 Member

That’s what I thought to- DI was a typo for I but I thought Joanne was the UID but alas as we have found out it doesn’t matter now it was just a troll

15. crystal72

crystal72 Member

No I didn’t see it & I was checking quite frequently for a little bit but it must have happened when I finally went to bed this morning

carbuff likes this.
  16. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Very strange. But I guess at least it gave us something to talk about while we wait.

17. folieadeuxnola

folieadeuxnola Miami-Dade Jane Doe - 1979

For all of those waiting on pins & needles for the identification announcement of SFJD, LE is working through her case details in which may take them a bit. Identifing her is one segment of this journey the second is identifying her killer, ya never know they may have been able to accomplish both at once. We all shall know soon enough and they will announce when they have accomplished what they need to do in her case, till then will patiently wait an announcement.

FB - DDP - 7/29/18

Margaret Press we expect they will announce her identity when they've finished all the details they need to take care of.

rats, Springrain, taramarie and 6 others like this.
  18. leilarose68

leilarose68 Well-Known Member

Thank you to everyone for voting for DNA Doe Project for the grant! Competition was extremely fierce but they managed to receive an honorable mention which means $500 towards their work! Congrats DDP!

Why We Serve 2018 | Aftermath Services

19. crystal72

crystal72 Member

20. Two for the road

Two for the road Well-Known Member

I wonder if they have DNA from her killer and they are using forensic genealogy now to ID him. . . And that's why it's taking so long. Similar to the process LE used to identify GSK.