Identified! NV - Washoe Co., WhtFem 156UFNV, 25-35, Sheep's Flat Trail, Jul'82 - Mary Edith Silvani

I am glad that the delay in ID reveal is because they're working hard on the investigation, and not because of other reasons like not being able to find her relatives. Although, I doubt we would know if that were the case. I hope she can get justice.

If I have to wait a few more weeks so that LE can get their ducks in row so that her killer won't get away for her murder for one more minute and can put them away for a loooong time, I'm all for waiting!

I like to dream that they've already located the bad guy and maybe they're waiting for his DNA results ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I like that dream
7e0860ff_cheer.gif

DNA Doe Project posted this on their FB site the other day, RBBM for focus:
"We’ve been pretty quiet lately because we have been busy wrapping up a couple of additional cases we now consider identified. What we are finding is that for many of these cases the agencies have to test immediate family members and compare them through CODIS in order to obtain official confirmation of the identity before they make a public announcement. Some agencies can do this quickly (a week or so) if they can use their state lab for the work. Others go through UNTCHI (University of North Texas Center for Human Identification) and that can take many months. In some instances we ship Ancestry kits to a close relative, and the results do give us 100% confidence within a month or so. But this is not sufficient for legal identification.

We are eager to share our new success stories with you. But we are learning patience as we all allow Law Enforcement to do their job and make sure the right families are notified. We don’t ever want a mistake to be made in that regard.

In the relatively rare instances where a natural death or suicide was involved, there’s a likelihood we won’t ever be able to disclose the identity. In the case of homicides the agency may want to wait until an arrest is made. These are all out of our control. We didn’t anticipate this when we started, but in hindsight it makes perfect sense. We’re not just discovering names, we’re stumbling into real stories about real people who deserve to grieve in private. When our job is done we have to close that particular book and go on to the next.

Thank you all again for your tremendous support!"

I can't say enough good things about what they're doing or their compassion and understanding.

Yes....she has her name back. I wish they could share her identity, but I can understand if they don't.

In July 2018, DNA Doe Project announced Sheep Flats Jane Doe had been tentatively identified; in September her identity was confirmed by the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office. The Sheriff’s Office is withholding further information due to the ongoing homicide investigation.

Many thanks go out to all who dedicated their time and energy to identifying Sheep Flat Jane Doe, both those in law enforcement and the DDP volunteers. It took the coordinated efforts of many individuals with diverse skills working many hours to finally uncover the identity of this unfortunate young woman.

Can't believe it's already been 7 months since she was identified! I'm hopeful they will announce the end of the investigation soon!

I could see their staying quiet while they tracked down leads—but seven months? I wonder what sort of a situation it is—where they’re sure that concealing her identity is the best way to work the case. No chance that people might know something?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe
Back